Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tiffany Forni Interview






If you wanted to describe Tiffany Forni in one word, that word would be, INSPIRING. If you know Tiffany, then you know her story. Tiffany lost over 100lbs and went on to compete in Figure. But the inspiration does not end there at all. You also can look at the great advice and tips she gives, and that unlike you may see in some people, her success and popularity did not go to her head. Tiffany, is not only incredibly beautiful ( her ass has it's own Facebook fan club), but she is also a very kind, funny, and encouraging woman). I first got to know her shortly before the Olympia. I sent her a message to just thank her for accepting my friend request, and she sent messages asking if I would be there and talking about things to help me with my own journey. I finally got the honor of meeting her at this year's Arnold's, and she wasn't what I expected. She was better. More beautiful in person, and even nicer in person. The thing is, she shouldn't be considered an inspiration and role model just for those trying to lose a lot of weight, she should be considered one for anyone who trains. She works hard to look like she does, and is proof of what hard work can result in. There are very few times I have been more honored to have someone do an interview, then when Tiffany Forni said YES.



Q: First, Tiffany, I want to thank you for doing this. It is an honor
for you to take the time, as you are someone I truly look up to and
admire.
A: Thank you for having me! :D

Q: Can you start out by just telling a little about yourself. Family,
where you are from, things like that.
A: I come from a little town in Oregon about 10 minutes south of Portland
called Milawukee... or as I like to call it .. Millwakey. My parents
and family all live close by. I've got an older sister and a younger
brother. I'm a computer nerd that also has a passion for playing
drums on rockband and guitar hero. Living the lifestyle of a
competitor has really changed my life though, so that's me in a
nutshell.. a nerdy, gym frequenting, girl from Milwackey.

Q: Usually at this point I will ask questions that lead into how the
woman discovered the gym. But you have such an amazing and
inspirational story, and I could not do it justice by explaining, so
can you tell what lead you to the gym?
A: What lead me to the gym was the fact that I was fat... SUPER FAT.. not
just 20 pounds over weight, I was about 100 pounds overweight. You
can find my story on www.TiffanyForni.com but I'll give you the short
version here.

I asked a guy at a supplement store what the miracle pill was that
would make me lose weight without diet or exercise.. he quickly
schooled me in the bodybuilding lifestyle... so I gave it a try and it
WORKED! I was so amazed at how fast it worked that I kept going with
it, hired a coach, and kept going back to that guy at the store for
progress checks.. From there, the way it made me feel keeps me hooked!

Q: Was training something you picked up pretty easy?
A: Yes. I think I'm pretty good at lifting heavy things and putting them
back down again. At first I was intimidated by the gym, but soon
figured that if people see you actually putting in the effort, you
shouldn't have anything to worry about. If someone is going to make
fun of my fat butt for being at a gym.. they're crazy. Every time I
see someone in the gym who looks like they need to be there, I'm proud
of them! Getting into the rhythm of training is fantastic. I got it
down, and plan on continuing for the rest of my life.

Q: Was competing in figure something your family and friends supported
at the time?
A: My family isn't want you'd call a very "health conscious" group of
individuals... We're Italian. If it bleeds olive oil, eat it. At
first I got heckled a lot for bringing my own food to dinners and
work, but eventually, they saw what it was doing for me and began to
support me 100%! They were all at my show screaming for me on stage.
It was awesome! (And so was that guy from the supplement store...who
is now my boyfriend... *I love happy endings*)

Q: Was your first show what you expected, or did anything surprise you?
A: I got 3rd place at my first show! That surprised the crap out of me!
I knew I had trained hard and did my best but never thought I'd place
at my first show. Also, the tanning paint that Northwest Competition
Color used on me lasts for a week afterwards! I looked like I got
back from the Bahamas.. it was AWESOME!

At my second show a week later I was shocked to win my height class.
The women there were in amazing shape. Another thing that surprised
me was how many people have done the same thing I did. So many of
those men and women got into the sport by initially losing a ton of
weight.

Q:Can you share your competition history
A:
October 11, 2008 NPC Seven Feathers - Figure Tall - 3rd
October 18, 2008 NPC Northwest Bodybuilding and Figure Championships
-Figure Tall - 1st

Q: Is there one body part you are most proud of or one that gets the
most compliments?
A: Quite honestly, it's my legs. I used to be so ashamed of my legs
because they were HUUUUGE when I was fat... but now that I'm leaner
they look really cool. I think I get the most compliments on my butt
though. It's got a fan club on facebook LOL

(http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-Tiffany-Forni-Ass-Appreciation-Society-TFAASTuff-Ass/149371498005?ref=search&sid=626163427.683852474..1)


Q: What is your favorite part to train?
A: I like to train chest or shoulders. The reason is because I lift just
about as much as the average guy and it blows people's minds. I can't
lift near as much as my friend Big T and she's twice my age, but
still, we have fun showing people that girls don't need to only use
the 5 pound pink dumbbells that should be reserved for cute paper
weights.

Q: What is your normal training routine like?
A: Leg Day, Back Day, Chest and Tri's, Shoulders and Bi's, then I take
two days off. I have stuck with this routine for a long time and I
love it.

Q: When people see how you look or learn that you train, what is the
most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: It's actually very positive! It's hard to explain what a figure
competition is to people who only think of bodybuilding as those huge
IFBB pro's that look like the hulk.. but once they get the idea they
think it's great.

Q: When people see the figure or learn you train, what is the one
question you are sick of hearing?
A: "If you keep this up will you look like a man?" ARGH!! That one
drives me INSANE... and the answer is NO... Jeeze guys.

Oh wait, and there's a second least favorite question... "Will You Mud
Wrestle Me?" - also, no.

Q: Are there any misconceptions about women who train or compete or
things you wish people knew?
A: YES! I really wish that people would know that competitors take an
off season. The competitors you see completely ripped don't look like
that all year round. Most of us take some time to get fluffy to let
our bodies recover, build more muscle, and prepare for the next season
of competition.

Just because I don't have a six pack year round doesn't mean that I'm
not continuously improving.

Q: When someone tells you that you inspire them or motivate them,
what does that mean to you?
A: Just hearing that from someone means so much to me, it means that what
I am doing is not just out of vanity to show off on stage. I was only
planning on doing one show but after all of the great emails I get so
excited to compete again and show the world that a former fat nerd can
have one of the best bodies out there. Knowing that I am giving
people hope and proof makes doing what I do worth the effort and the
many missed desserts.

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or people you admire?
A: I do. Her name is Big T. She's a great friend of mine. She competed
in bodybuilding a few years ago, then she kicked cancer's ass, and now
she's back at it to compete again in 2010! She's the lady that I
train with who lifts just as much or more than the guys and she is old
enough to be their mother. This is one bad ass woman with a heart of
gold who has helped SOOOO many people with her story alone. I call
her the Mayor of Baltimore. We can't go into a gym without five
people running up to say hi to her. The impression she leaves on
people is always positive and I admire her so much for that.

Q: If someone came up to you and said they wanted to start training,
what is the one piece of advice you would want to give them?
A: Hire a coach! That's what I did and it made a world of a difference.
I know plenty of great coaches out there that I can refer people to if
you want to email me tiffany@fornifitness.com, or even if you want to work with me just write.

When you find a coach listen to them, do exactly what they say and DO
NOT JUSTIFY CHEATING ON YOUR DIET! Be right on it and you'll be able
to see exactly how fast you can lose weight.


Q: Is fitness modeling something you enjoy, and what do you enjoy about it?
A: I love fitness modeling! I have always been shy about cameras but now
that I have completely changed my body I want to show the world that
it IS possible to make a major body transformation without surgery.
It also makes you feel pretty. I'm a bit of a tom boy but now I have
plenty of excuses to get all dressed up and wear four inch heels. LOL.

Q: IF someone wanted to contact you for a photo shoot or anything, whats the best way to get ahold of you
A: The best way to reach me for photo shoots, guest speaking, or coaching
is by emailing me to tiffany@fornifitness.com or leaving me a detailed voice message on my toll free line 866-545-6311

Q: DO you think women in bodybuilding or figure, or fitness, are more
accepted by society that maybe five years ago?
A: I wasn't really into all of this five years ago. I don't really know. But, the more time I spend in this industry the more positive feedback I get on competing.

Q: You are obviously a very beautiful woman. Does that ever make it hard to workout at a gym. A lot of attention, guys trying to talk to you, or anything like that?
A: Awww shucks, thanks. At home nobody really bothers me at the gym, but when I travel the guys come out of the woodwork. Once I was at the golds in Venice and I'm in the middle of a set... some dude comes up to me and says "Hey, what are you listening to?" I was like "Dude, seriously? Wait till someone is done with their set before you ask them that... and really, if I have my headphones IN MY EARS that
probably means I'm TRYING to listen to my music to TUNE YOU OUT MAN!!!!" ... of course I didn't say that to him... I was nice and told him "music" then I continued my set. But I was having a good workout and I wanted to choke him a little bit for that.

Also, ladies, remember, hide in a corner when you're trying to do stiff legged dead lifts... it seems as though those are magnetic to guys in gyms.

Q: Do you get a lot of people asking for diet tips?
A: Yes. Every day I get people asking me for tips, advice, diet plans etc etc. I've found a solution to that! I created a news letter that I send out answering the most commonly asked questions. It's called the Forni Nation (Thank you Mike for that name.) You can get on it for FREE at www.ForniFitness.com

Here's the direct sign up link :
http://fornifitness.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=70311e7566ba669a64a3dddaf&id=c513f2d019

Q: What is the biggest mistake you see people make either with training or their diet?
A: Listening to too many people. When you take in so much information it's hard to determine what works with what. I see people reading magazines, articles online, listening to friends and making NO progress. That's why I feel it is so important to have a coach and do EXACTLY what they say. They know how it all goes together and what will be best for YOU.

Q: You also have a website. Can you give that out and tell people where they can find there?
A: Sure thing! I have a few websites... because.. well, I'm still a nerd.

www.TiffanyForni.com - just a little background and updated press information
www.ForniFitness.com - for diet and workout plans, and for random updates. This is the one to check up on to see if I'm coming to your town.
bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/31233 - here is where the magic happened. You can see all of my progress photos, measurements and blogs from during my transformation.
www.facebook.com/tiffanyforni - add me as a friend :D
twitter.com/tiffanyforni - even more random updates.


Q: You are also able to be seen on many other places. Can you tell people where else they can find you.
A: At the moment I'm on the front page of www.bodybuilding.com. I've also been featured in magazines like Oxygen, Shape, and Iron Man.

Q: o you have a favorite cheat food?
A: When I have a cheat meal, I cheat big! All of my fat girl tendencies come to the surface and I'll chow down on things like pizza, cake, nachos, cookie dough ice cream, brownies, and beer.

Q: Outside of training, and other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: ROCKBAND! I loooove playing rockband drums, playing World of Warcraft, hanging out with my dogs, listening to live music, traveling to new cities, and just hanging out with friends.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Tiffany Forni.
A: Turn off my alarm clock....Turn it off again.... Eventually wake up and head to the gym for some cardio on an empty stomach. When I get home I cook my food for the day, pack it up in my trusty lunchbox, and either go to work, or do what I gotta do, then come home, go to the gym again for some heavy weight lifting, perhaps a little evening cardio after that. That's about it. I do a lot of email checking on my phone throughout the day trying to respond to people so if I write you a note with words like "u" or "ur" or "l8r" it's just because typing on that thing sucks. Maybe I'll play a little rockband or WoW when I get home, or visit my parents house. Then I sleep, and repeat the process.

Q: Favorite actor, movie, TV show, and musician?
A: Actor: Gerard Butler - not only can he be a bad ass spartan, but he can SING! Check it out, he's the phantom in the new Phantom of the Opera
Movie: The Hangover
TV Show: House
Musician: The Dropkick Murphys

Q: Describe Tiffany Forni in five words.
A: Oh crap that's a tough. (I'm out of words now what do I do?)


Q: Anything I may have missed that you want to plug or promote?
A: I would LOVE to thank my sponsors and friends that have been there for me through everything!

Sweat USA - www.SweatUSA.net - awesome workout gear. You'll see me wearing this in most of my photo shoots.
Edward Wadsworth For Hair - http://www.edwardwadsworth.com A fantastic salon with great people! They keep me from getting too shaggy.
Northwest Competition Color -
http://www.wiz-works.com/NWCompetitionColoring/ContactUs.asp - They made me look like I knew what I was doing on stage with an amazing Tan!
Cerada Wear - www.ceradawear.com - Christy Skelton designs my competition suits and she does a BEAUTIFUL job! All of hers are
custom made.


Q: Any set plans for 2010 as far as maybe doing any competing or any other projects?
A: Oh yeah! I will be competing in Figure at the USA's down in Vegas. You can be sure that no buffet is safe when I get off stage!

Q: I would think a company would love to sponsor you or use you as a spokesperson, or things of that sort. Is that something you are looking for. If so, how can they contact you, and what are they getting by using Tiffany Forni
A: If a company would like to sponsor me or work with me just send me an email! I love to help people out and I will only represent products that I have used and completely believe in. tiffany@fornifitness.com

Q: Tiffany, I want to thank you for taking the time for this. As I said you are an inspiration to someone new to training like myself, and I wish you nothing but continued success. Anything you want to add before you go?
A: Nawww, just sayin thanks. This was a fun interview and I wish you the best of luck with your site!

No comments:

Post a Comment