Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nicole Moneer Guerrero Interview




The title Ms. Bikini Classic Universe should say a lot about how Nicole Moneer Guerrero looks. However it doesn't say how she got that look. Through a lot of hard work and dedication. Nicole is an accomplished competitor, and has been featured in a lot of print work and magazines. And she has earned all that work, by working hard. Nicole is the description of fitness and what is good about it. I am very honored she agreed to do the interview, and I highly suggest you check out www.nicolemoneer.com, Nicole's website for great bio information, recipes, video's photo's, and even buy Nicole's great fitness DVD's.




Q: First, Nicole, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this. I have such great respect for you and your accomplishments.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: I was born and raised in Chicago. I still reside here in the suburbs. I have one older brother, my mother lives in the area and my father passed away 14 years ago.

Q: Where you always active before you started training? Play any sports or anything like that?
A: I have been active since the age of 4 in dance, I continued with high school and college poms and later cheered for The Chicago Bull's during the iconic Jordan years. This has always been a part of my life. I started working out/lifting weights in college for fear of gaining the freshman 15 and never looked back. After college and dancing for the Bulls, I wanted to continue in my adult years with my love of dancing and being on stage so I entered a fitness competition.


Q: You are obviously a very beautiful woman. Did that cause problems at the gym at first with not being taken serious or anything? Did you feel you had to prove yourself?
A: Actually, I have more problems with my credibility. Most people think I am about 10 years younger than I look so often times don't get the respect I deserve, not just in the gym either. I guess in a way it's a good thing...that I still look so young. I owe that to my active lifestyle.

Q: Was that first show what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: Like most you wanna win your first show, right? NOT! It's a journey. I qualified for a National level show but for sure had hoped to place higher. In time I did.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time?
A: Always, especially my mother. I am grateful, I know so many who don't have the support of their families.

Q: What is your best bodypart, or the one you get the most compliments on?
A: My abs and my glutes...my abs have been used for both print and television ads.

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train or favorite exercise?
A: Arms and shoulders

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like?
A: I love to lift and do so at least 4-5x per week. I eat clean 95% of the time hence I don't need to do a lot of cardio. Cardio can vary depending on my class schedule or time of year, 1-4x per week.

Q: Do you get alot of questions from friends asking for diet advice or anything?
A: All the time!!!

Q: When people find out about you training or see your figure the first time, what is the one question you are sick of hearing.
A: "How do I get abs?" "What exercise do I do for this problem area?"

Q: Are there any misconceptions about women who train, or things you wish people understood?
A: YES, women (and men) need to lift more weights. I started in college and it changed the shape of my body for the better! I come in contact with so many cardio kings and queens. Resistance training is just as important.

Q: Do you have any personal favorite's in fitness or people you admire?
A: Honestly, I do not have one person but many there are so many talented fit beautiful men and women in the sport that I follow or keep tabs on. I just love the fact that it has grown so much since I began. It's nice to see people make the lifestyle change.

Q: If someone came up to you and said they wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would want to give them?
A: It takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

Q: You also are a NASM personal trainer, AFAA group exercise instructor, and are Zumba, Power Plate, and Pilates certified. What do you enjoy about training others and what are the benefits of being trained by Nicole Moneer Guerrero?
A: Seeing my clients get results, watching them progress...knowing I have the ability to change a person's life for the better! They'll be inspired, motivated and most important they'll receive constant education.

Q: If someone wanted to contact you about training, what is the best way to contact you?
A: http://www.nicolemoneer.com, nicole@nicolemoneer.com

Q: You were a cheerleader on the 1994-95 Chicago Bulls team. What was that like?
A: An experience of a lifetime! Jordan, Pippen, BJ, Paxson and more!

Q: You also host Camp Savage every summer. Can you tell people what that is and how they can find out more?
A: A one-stop shop for those looking to get into competing, fitness, figure, bikini and model. A weekend with competition how-to's and what not to's. You'll learn every aspect of competition preparation in all major federations. Topics include: Nutrition and training, posing and stage presentation, breaking into fitness modeling, choosing a federation, sponsorships, hair and makeup, suit selection, choreography and strength for fitness, competing on a budget, the differences between figure, bikini and modeling and so much more! Visit http://www.cathysavagefitness.com

Q: You also have your own cardio and toning DVD's for sale. How can people purchase those?
A: They can email me nicole@nicolemoneer.com

Q: Any websites or any where people can see more of you?
A: Twitter, http://www.nicolemoneer.com, http://www.holosfitness.com (check out my weekly workout videos, nutrition tips and more)

Q: Favorite actor, movie, TV show, musician?
A: Will & Grace, King of Queens and George Lopez, I love to laugh! I love Janet and Madonna, had 2nd row at Janet and was pulled up on stage and 3rd row at Madonna and was handed the mic to sing...love them both!

Q: Describe Nicole Moneer Guerrero in five words.
A: Compassionate, Fun-loving, Health-conscious, Ambitious, Disciplined

Q: Any set plans for 2010 as far as competing or any other projects.?
A: Jr Nats

Q: Sponsorship is always important in the industry. Are you looking for any, and if so, how can they contact you, and tell them what they are getting by sponsoring Nicole Moneer Guerrero?
A: Always looking, right now VPX/Redline and Dream Tan sponsor me. They will get a high quality individual that is respected by many with even better references available upon request! They can visit my site and email me nicole@nicolemoneer.com.

Q: Nicole, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this. I am a big admirer of yours and think you are an amazing woman. Anything you want to add before you go?
A: Thanks you for giving me this opportunity to share a small piece of myself with others in the fitness industry or looking to get their start!

No comments:

Post a Comment