Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lisa Visotsky-Zisa Interview




Ever have the good friend, and he introduces you to one of his other friends, and then suddenly you become close friends with his other friend? I have a similar situation. Everyone knows the respect and admiration I have for Ann Titone. Through Ann I got to meet Lisa Visotsky-Zisa. And like the scenario where you become friends with you quickly become friends with your friends friend, I quickly have gain so much respect and admiration for Lisa. Lisa is a very beautiful woman with a great physique. I got to meet her at the Arnold's this year, and was very impressed, but with the physique, and with how nice she was. Meeting Lisa was for sure one of the memories I will most remember from the Arnold's. But there is also Lisa Visotsky-Zisa the competitor. The woman who in her first show competed in both Bodybuilding and Figure, and walked away with FOUR trophies. The Lisa that is prepping for the upcoming NPC NC States, and will no doubt look great and rock the stage. I have become a big fan of Lisa's and if you read this and get to know her at all, you will for sure become a big fan to.





Q: First, Lisa, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this. It is truly
an honor for me.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are
from, things like that.
A: Well I born and raised in Northern New Jersey. I experienced a traumatic event at the age of 14 that really altered the person that I was or thought I would be. I am a wife and mother to a beautiful 23 year old young women.

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or
anything?
A: I was always a pretty physical person. As the daughter and wife to contractors I know my way around heavy lifting and a hammer. I joined a Gym and started with a personal trainer in my thirties. He was pretty cool your typical "player". I did not see to much outer changes but I was building muscle.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: The ever so popular I WANT TO LOOSE WEIGHT !


Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started
to see results?
A; When I moved to North Carolina a few years ago, I joined a gym. I was not working and my husband got stuck in New Jersey ( that's a drama in itself ) so I was very lonely and I walked into a gym and a gal yelled out. Is that your car with the Jersey plates... That's how I met Jen, a former Bodybuilder.

Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete and what made you
decide to compete?
A: I became friends with Jen and went to a show she had been training some gals for. I of course heard of bodybuilding but never went to a live show. Man was it exciting and fun! I had been losing weight, I was starting to see changes... I figured I would see what I would look like when the next year rolled by.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time,
how about now?
A: Actually not really, my husband when around would try to fatten me up as well as my parents worrying that I was getting to skinny.

Q; Was the first competition what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: I had the absolutely best time. I did Bodybuilding and figure ( just had to get the shoes lol ) did very well actually took home 4 trophies. Just being able to get on stage in front of all those people was a success for me. I have always suffered stage fright and man I really thought everyone could see my lips and legs shaking.

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A:
* Carolina Supernatural- 2nd Novice Bodybuilding ,3rd Open Figure, 4th Masters Bodybuilding, and 3rd open Bodybuilding.
* SNBF did not place but actually had the best time and got to dress up like cat women ..

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: I really am not sure ?

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train or favorite exercise?
A: I love it all. Null would be my least favorite ..

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: I am working with Jack Titone as a Jacked Up Diva. He has me on a program just for me. My training was tweaked for Figure as I had been training like a Bodybuilder and a dude. My gym partner is a guy lol. I will say I look so so much better working with Jack and I could not be happier. If you asked me a year ago I would never have imagined I would be prepping for my first NPC show. Looking to qualify for a National show. I have my eye on Team Universe .. and at the age of 45! Hell yea.

Q: When someone sees or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most
common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Its either petty negative crap behind my back (which I have successfully blocked out )I do get stared at null but I do dress cute and hot! For the most part, now that most know me, everyone is very supportive!

Q: When they see or hear it that first time, what is the one question or
comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: Humm I would have to say people assuming I am an expert in diet and training. I have a trainer ! I do read and learn for myself but that's about it. I can not give you a one liner that is going to transform you.

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women you train and compete or the
one thing you wish people understood?
A: That I take " something to look this way "That I have to be juicing .. I work at it and I do not eat crap ! I am sure other women experience the same thing.

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: The best would have to be meeting so many wonderful people. Contacting Jack and Ann Titone was the best thing I ever did. I was at a point where I knew I had to make changes to take it to the next level. I learned alot from Jen and Donna but I wanted to do this on a healthier diet and I needed direction. I never thought I would be aiming so high and damn I just worked the freakin Arnold classic ! And the Diva's they are all so special, different, beautiful, and nice . We are all supportive of each other ! The worse I suppose the financial strain and tanning. Oh and lets not forget tilapia

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: There are so so many I can not just pick a few. Ok I tried to write them down but the list would be to long. My Diva sisters and the gals on Sioux Country ! All of them have shared a part of themselves and I respect them all!


Q; Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: All of the above !

Q; If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Actually my BFF just signed with Jack and we are training together. Love it, she is gonna do great .. We all have to remember it is about bringing and doing your personal best! Yes do I want to win, hell yea .. but I have no control over what the Judges are looking for that day or who is gonna be standing next to me! I do have control over how I carry myself on stage and off.

Q: You are obviously a very beautiful woman. Is fitness modelling something of big interest to you. If so, how can someone contact you for opportunities?
A: Thank you ...I would love to represent women over a certain age lol. It is never to late ladies ! I guess I better get a web site going? =I suppose contacting me via face book right now would be the best way. I had my first photo shoot with Dan Ray! I can not wait to see the pics! He was so great made me feel totally comfortable.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: Well I just started making posing suits and must say I am pretty good..I was a vet tech in NJ and have numerous rescued pets..

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Lisa Visotsky-Zisa.
A: Just started working at Star bucks ( good to be close to coffee when prepping ) cleaning , taking care of the animals,parrots, cats, and dogs... and gym, and the gym hee hee.

Q: Describe Lisa Visotsky-Zisa in five words.
A: Loyal, Sensitive, Honest, Shy ( at first ), Giving..

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: NPC NC State April 10th then Team U , Jr Nats maybe? Just worrying about April 10th right now!


Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: Jacked Up Diva's! Species , Beverly, and just tried Gaspari ..

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you and what are they
getting in Lisa Visotsky-Zisa the athlete and competitor?
A; I have been thinking about this actually .. Yes I would like to reach out to us ladies over a certain age and show them that yes you can change your physical appearance. As well as your own personal self worth. So many women think that the ship has sailed for them. No it has not! If I can do it so can you.. I have never felt better. I have energy and I like the way I look! I KNOW the supplements, protein , etc have had positive effects on my overall appearance and well being!

Q: Lisa, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words
before you go?
A: I thank you Jason for choosing me it was an honor keep up the good work !

No comments:

Post a Comment