Tuesday, March 30, 2010

IFBB Pro Michelle Laurin Interview



Michelle Laurin is simply an amazing woman. Her physique shows her hard work and all her accomplishments speak for themselves as far as her bodybuilding career. She now has two more accomplishments to add to the list. Competing at the 2010 Arnold and taking 3rd place in a great class of competitors, and now...... IFBB Pro. Michelle was just awarded her Pro card, and she deserves it. She has worked so hard to get to where she is, and is now being recognized for all that hard work. That is Michelle the bodybuilder, but let's nor forget Michelle, the person. She is a very kind woman and someone I am happy to know. Michelle is going to keep getting better, keep bringing an even better package to the stage, and more and more people are going to know the special woman that is Michelle Laurin. Now you can read about her experience competing at the Arnold's and her newly awarded IFBB Pro card.




Q: Michelle, thanks for taking the time out to do a second interview.
A: My Pleasure Im honoured to be asked...

Q: FOr those who may ahve missed the first interview, can you tell a little
about yourself.
A: Well Im a single Mother of three, I live in New Zealand,
Originally from Ontario Canada. I am a Christian. I have been bodybuilding
in NZ since 2000 and have won many many regional and national titles and
Overall Titles in New Zealand. I recently took third in the middle weight
category at my first International , Arnold's. Was the best week of my
life.Not only competeing and doing well but spending time with my friends
over there that i miss so much. I also recently was awarded my Pro Card. Ima
Personal Trainer, I have a nursing and Ambulance officer Background. I love
Muscle cars, Muscle bikes, Muscle Boats, Muscle Dogs and Muscle food!! lol


Q: I suppose congrat's are in order for being awarded your IFBB Pro card.
How did that come about?
A: Thank you ! Well after having competed for the NZfbb for 10 yrs and acheiving so many titles than my international Success , I was finally recognized and presented with my card in New Zealand at the the figure and Bikini Pro show held by our beautiful President Moe El Moussawi. I cried. lol

Q: What does it mean to you as a bodybuilder to have that Pro card?
A: Everything, I have been wanting to reach this level for a very long time and
I am now so motivated to take my physsique to the next level and to make the
people who awarded me with it proud.

Q: FOr those who do not know what that means, can you explain the
significance of haveing the Pro card?
A: Well having a Pro Card means that I can now compete for cash Prizes and share the stage with an elite group of Atheltes .......

Q: YOu just recently competed at the 2010 Arnold's. What was that experience
like?
A: That was the most amazing experience bar none!! I really cant explain it accept to say it was surreal and I thnk God everyday for blessing me with that experience. To compete on that stage and to be surrounded by like minded positive people and to share the room and the incredible atmosphere with my heroes is just a dream come true......

Q: FOr those who haven't seen, you looked amazing. Were you satisfied with
the overall package you brought to teh stage?
A: I was But I can do better, I will do better....

Q: Was there one aspect of your physique you thought could ahve been better
or you want to improve on for next time?
A: Yes my hammies and glutes, thicker legs and better posing control.

Q: Was your prep for teh Arnold any different than your normal prep for a
show.
A: Totally different, far more intense. I had help from Melody Spetko and Phily Nuku (NZ) I trust these two with my life. I knew I had to step it up a notch or two and these two were amazing!! Thank God for them....

Q: After a show like that, is teh first thought happy that you did so well
against so many great competitors, or is it "ok, what do I have to d to take
first place next time".
A: Definitely first thought , ok how do I win this thing next time than hey I did ok, but how do I win....lol

Q: The week before a show like that, what are you thinking about? Nervous or excited, or what?
A: Very excited but , pensive, Do I belong here? have I got what it takes? Am I at this level??

Q: How about those last 5 minutes before you hit the stage, what are you
thinking about?
A: Im praying lol its true. Im praying and going through my poses and trying to stay calm and focused.


Q: When you are on stage do you try and read the judges reactions at all or just focus on what you are doing.
A: A little bit but mainly focused on posing, I know they have poker faces lol.

Q: Whats the first thing you ate once it was over?
A: I didnt i drank 14 ltrs of water in 6 hours lol...yes I paid for that later, when I finished drinking I had a smoothie and a peice of pizza and my hot pretzel.

Q: SO many great amateurs were competing. Was there anyone you noticed who
really impressed you?
A: The Girl who won my class, forgive me I forget her name but beautiful sweet lady from russia 25 yrs old and stunning, beautifl balance and symetry. Lovely. and very feminine.

Q: ANyone you got to meet for the first time that you were excited about?
A: Frank Zane!!! wow what an honour, Jay Cutler, Sylvio, Monica Brant, Heather
Mae, Debbie Bramwell, Nicole Watkins Lee, Rosa Romero, Shaun Ray , Ned Matarso, Ken Sen ( friends but never met in person) Harper, so many amazing people.....


Q: Did you take in any of the convention itself or were you to focused on
competing?
A: Oh I took it all in !! didnt want to miss a thing, spent way too much money and was absolutley exhausted but I didnt know if I would ever get back so I took it all in!!!!!

Q: What is the greatest memory you will take away from the 2010 Arnold?
A: Definitely the comradery and the atmosphere, I will never forget it, I hope I can afford to come back I miss everyone sooooo much :(

Q: Where does the Arnold rank in your list of accomplishments in
Bodybuilding?
A: Oh No contest , Number One!!!!!

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: Am Hoping that I can compete at the Pro show in Pheonix or the Europa in texas?? need to make some money or get financial sponsor. Im not sure of dates as I keep getting different info lol

Q:Next time you are on stage do you think there was anything you did in
prep for the Arnold, that maybe you would want to do different?
A: Yes, I think just some tweaking with regard to carbing up and timing, also maybe arrive 10 days before comp instead of 5....

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: ME !!!!! lol Im a great trainer and spokesperson, Melody Spetko, People this lady Rocks, Phily Nuku this man is one amazing human being, Xtreme Nutrition awesome
supplement shop and of Course Moe El Moussawi ...for giving me the opportunity and beleiving in me.....I love you all

Q: Looking for any sponsors? If so what are they geting in Michelle Laurin
the athlete and competitor?
A: I am a real spit fire I am hard working and loyal and I walk the walk and talk the talk, I live the lifestyle, I am vibrant and a great communicator, I am very intelligent and loyal and love the industry!



Q: SO how does this sound to you? IFBB Pro Michelle Laurin.
A: Sounds fabulous!!!! Dream come true , I know Im the newbie and will have to earn my stripes though but I am hounored and humbled beyond beleif to be included in such an elite group.

Q: Michelle, again, thanks for taking the time to do a second interview,
and congrats on the Pro card. I am so happy and excited for you. ANy last
words before you go?
A: I want to thank you Jason for taking the time to Interview me, and thank all the people who support me and say such nice things to me, Its so wonderful to be recognized and appreciated. I hope to make you all proud ! God Bless you all xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment