Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mental Stength: Do you got it? by Lindsey McFerran

What's up fellow blog readers?

Hope everyone is still hitting it hard, after all swimsuit season is just around the corner and don't you want to look damn sexy?

Ok ladies and gentlemen, so this weekend I experienced the joy of KIDNEY STONES. Let me tell you, those things hurt like a b*tch. If this is what childbirth feels like then I don't want any part of it. But it got me thinking about mental strength and how it relates to the training lifestyle. SO actually as a result of having this kidney stone experience, I developed an even deeper physical toughness but more importantly I developed a GREATER SENSE OF mental strength.

So how does that help me in my training you ask? Oooo baby you better believe it, my lifts this week have been great. I am sore like a MO FO because of going through that intense amount of pain; I am able to withstand a lot more when lifting because it not only strengthens my body, BUT IT ALSO STRENGTHENED MY MIND.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am going to let you in on a little secret, living the training lifestyle or "bodybuilding lifestyle" is all about

Drum roll please............. MENTAL TOUGHNESS!!!!!!!

Mental toyghness can take on many forms..........

It can include how hard you push yourself inw eight training. It is about squeezing out the last rep. Or when your body is screaming in pain, it is about pushing through. it could be mental toughness in the form of doing exercises you hate. But I will let you in on a little scret, usually exercises you hate the most, are usually the ones that work your msucles the best. HENCE WHY YOU HATE THEM>

Mental toughness in terms of cardio (refers to how) and how intensely and religiously you perform it. It is about pushing through the last 10 minutes on the stairmaster when your mind wants to stop. When you feel like your legs are going to fall off and every minutes seems like an eternity. Mental toughness to get out of bed in the morning want to eat breakfast and go perform cardio instead (because it burns the most amount of bodyfat). I know it is nice and warm in your bed, but that is not gonna help you to reach your training goals.

Mental toughness is to go to a party and not give into the temptation of junk food, even when everyone around you is eating it.

Mental toughness in terms of going to a bar and not drinking alcohol because instead you know you would rather be fresh for your morning workout.

Mental toughness to not give into your co-workers, friends, and even family for making fun of you because you do not fit into what society believes in. Believe me, I know a lot of people who do not understand the training lifestyle and you will be called a lot of things. For me anal and boring come to mind.

Competitors or ordinary folks that live the training lifestyle are a unique breed of indivduals who posses an enormous ammount of MENTAL TOUGHNESS. Why do you think not everyone sports a ripped physique or a six pack? Because it takes a sheer amount of discipline, dedication, and you guessed it, MENTAL TOUGHNESS!!!!!!

So are you MENTALLY TOUGH?

AYO AYO AYO Ladies and Gentleman, keep training hard and your eyes on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment