Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Competitors Edge by Vanessa Prebyl

A Weekly Blog By nationally Ranked Bikini Competitor Vanessa Prebyl

Hello to all!!! Today I would like to talk about the beneifts of massage. I know many of you may think that massages are just a luxory and don't ahve much benefit but to relax and relive a little stress. However, I have recently started to have weekly massages from katie Kissee***. I can already feel and see the benefits. I am actually seeing my body improve in ways that I thought were not possible. The benefits I have experienced are as follows:
1. Improved posture
2. Increased flexibility
3. Improved range of motion
4. Stress reduction
5. Increased circulation that helps expel waste from teh system (I know, I know, we all seem to think we get enough blood flow from cardio,e specially if you are doing cardio twice a day)
6. Pain relief
7. Increased awareness of my mind-body connection
8. Increased healing/faster recovery time after a workout
9. Increased muscle definition and seperation (Yes, even for BIkini Competitors)

There are many more benefits from massage that I ahd not even known about until I looked on Florida State Massage Thereapy Associations website*, such as strengthening the immune system, preventing injuries, increased endorphins and seotonin. Now wodner I feel like a million bucks after a massage. My body, mind, and spirit feel relieved, relaxed, and at peace. I must say it is an amazing feeling, especially after you workout two to three times a day-- EVERYDAY.

If you have additional questions, feel free to post a comment on this blog. Also, if you would like to ask a question and don't want to ask it in a blog setting, feel free to email me at vanessaprebyl2000@yahoomail.com. I hope this helps you as much as it has hlped and continues to help me and my clients.

Quote of the Week:
"The sound body is the product of the sound mind"
George Bernard Shaw

Talk to you all next week!!!

Vanessa

* www.fsmta.org/benefits-of-massage/
** www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/paradigm-shift-sports-massage/338797366016?ref=tsand

No comments:

Post a Comment