Wednesday, March 10, 2010

IronChics by Tiffany Nance

IRONCHICS



Hey there! Sorry I've been "mia" for a few. Life has been crazy hectic! This week I'm gonna fill you in on where I am in life right now. I'm sitting at a little less than 10 weeks out from my show in SC. Had my bodyfat checked last Thursday and it was 9.5% and my weight was 130pounds (in gym clothes) I'm feeling pretty good overall! I have my bad days of coarse, but when you are going to be stepping on stage in front of lots of people in a little suit and heels, you have to take every opportunity to analyze yourself, push yourself even when you don't feel like doing anything, have to eat clean when you really want some ice cream, drag yourself out of bed for am cardio when you'd rather hit the snooze button... I just suck it up and do what I have to do! It's not easy! Nothing about this sport is easy. There are days when I have to dig deep, find that inner strength, and keep pushing forward! Those days really suck, but I feel so accomplished once I get it behind me! And I feel better! My best workouts are usually days that I really don't want to workout but I do it anyway! All in all I feel like I'm right where I need to be. My biggest challenge right now is posing! Omg it's so hard to get right! I have lower back issues and standing in those heels holding poses really hurts! I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but some days it's like torture! Yeah I could use that as an excuse to quit now, but I can't do that! I made a commitment and I have to stick with it! So I must "suck it up" and deal with it! It will be very hard to get through this, but it ill be so rewarding in the end! Just stepping on stage in front of everyone will be a big deal for me! I have stage fright, so I'm hoping I don't freeze up, or even worse trip and fall! So much to think about, specially being so depleted, but I can do this! I have faith that everything will turn out just like it's supposed to!
The dedication and drive that I have for this sport also carries over into all areas of my life! My life and my character has changed in so many ways, all for the best! I have to say, I am so very grateful for where I am in life! I have went from an out of control, rebellious, and irresponsible teen to a dependable, responsible, loyal, hardworking mom! I have the drive to achieve my goals in all areas of life!
My goal right now is to bring the best Tiffany I can bring into this show! I may not win the competition, but I will be a winner in my eyes! I have no idea what the judges are looking for. Still don't understand why the "soft" look for figure girls, specially when there is now a bikini division. I'm not big enough for body building, nor do I want to be much bigger than I am, but I tend to get pretty hard and lean, I feel my body looks best that way. So where does that leave chics like me? Why can't the decision be made on who brings the best package for their body? There are alot of females that still look feminine and beautiful with a hard lean body. I don't know and I don't understand, but I do know that I'm doing this show for me! I am my on competition and I want to be the best in my eyes. I train, eat, and sleep for me. If I try to bring what I think someone else wants to the stage, then am I really going to be happy in the end? Will I push myself as hard? No... It's like an overweight person dieting for their boyfriend or girlfriend. They usually don't succeed! Why? Because they are doing it for someone else! I would rather come in dead last because I was to hard than have my booty drooping and jiggling across the floor! For now I'm just trying not to read into anything, trying to get the "what if's" out of my mind and take this one day at a time! My family and my friends will be there to support me, my son will be there cheering me on! He's such an awesome kid! He was flexing his biceps the other night and said, "Look mommy my guns will be bigger than yours before long." Too cute!
Well that's about all I have time for this week! Thanks to all of you that follow my column! Hope you all have a great week!

Dreams really can come true, you just have to have the will and determination to see them through!
XOXO,
Tiffany Nance

No comments:

Post a Comment