Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Competitors Edge by Vanessa Prebyl

A Weekly Blog By nationally Ranked Bikini Competitor Vanessa Prebyl

Hello to all of my readers. This week I have decided to talk about motivation and preparing mentally for my up-coming show, which will be the Emerald Cup on April 17th. As many of you may know, when preparing for a show, you may go through some low points. About two days ago, I too had hit a low-point. I was still sticking to my meal plan and my workout routine, however, mentally my intensity had fallen a little as I am becoming increasingly tired ( due to increased cardio and the decrease of calories). If any of you have ever prepared for a show, I would say that the last leg or last month is the hardest. I have been lucky enough to improve my body on the off-season, which allowed me to bring my weight down less drastically for this competition preparation.

I now know that I can push through anything. I push to see how far I can go and when I think I ahve nothing left, I push some more. The mind is an amazing part of the body and you can use it to propel yourself to heights you enver could imagine. With mental discipline and commitment any goal can be achieved.

I am also so grateful to be able to participate in the sport of bodybuilding and to show off how hard I have worked. To be healthy, happy, loved, and doing exactly what I want to be is the best ahcievement in my life. I feel that I ahve already won in life.

I also use quotes and music in order to keep me on track and focused on the goal. I ahve included below a few quotes that mean a lot to me.

Quotes of the Week:

"I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win."
- Michael Jordan

"If you are going to be a champion, you must be willing to pay a greater price."
-Bud Wilkinson

"Pain is only temporary but victory is forever."
-Jeremy H.

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was."
- Muhammad Ali

"Champions aren't made in the gyms, Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-- a desire, a dream, a vision."
- Muhammad Ali

"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else."
- Vince Lombardi

If you have any additional questions feel free to post a comment on this blog. Also, if you would like to ask a question and don't want to ask it in a blog setting, feel free to email me at vanessaprebyl2000@yahoomail.com. I hope this inspires you.

-- Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment