Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Every Workout, You Shoulder Be A Little Sore

Hello Fellow Blog Readers,
Thanks again for tuning into my blog; I hope it helps brighten your day a little. If there is any topics you want me to blog about, feel free to Facebook me, you I know I can't get enough of that social networking site, or email me at lindsey_mcferran@live.com

So man o man folks, I am sore. But in terms of weightlifting (unlike in sex), soreness is a good thing.

Well, my next show is in July, so I have about 20 weeks, but who is counting, I AM PEOPLE. Maybe I will get one of those avid calendars going that I had when I was little to countdown the days till Christmas. You know what I am talking about; you got a piece of chocolate from the calendar for each day. But instead of eating chocolate for 20 weeks, which will go straight to my ass, (Not a good thing). Instead I will put a piece of protein in it like chicken. Oooo the crazy wacky things us bodybuilders do to get our kicks.

OK, random tangent to my childhood; back to it, so a question I know a lot of people are wondering about, how do you know if you are lifting hard enough? Well for me, soreness is one of the ways I can tell that you are lifting hard enough. But that is not the only way.

There are other ways I can tell if I am lifting hard enough through my workout. So I am going to list them for you. Bear in mind, everyone's physiology and psychology is different, so these might be signs for you and they might now.....But these are signs for me.

Hold on to your hats ladies and gentlemen, because here we go.....

Soreness
This is something I already covered. But my wise trainer once told me that "you should leave every workout with a little bit of soreness." So that is what I strive for, I mean, I don't want to be walking around with a stick up my ass, because I am soooo sore. I got LADIES TO IMPRESS HERE PEOPLE. But a little soreness has never hurt anyone.

Nipples getting HARD during a workout-
I don't know about you ladies and gentleman, but when I am lifting, I am Nipply with a capital N. It does not matter if it is 5 o'clock in the freakin morning, I am getting Nipply. And no, that does not mean I am horny, but it could be part of it LOL> But it is just another way, I am able to gauge if I am lifting hard enough, when I get Nipply, it means I have a good pump going, which means I am working my muscles, which equals A QUALITY WORKOUT!!!!!!!! Plus it gives the boys at the gym something to gawk at.

Sweat-
Another good indicator, if it is a leg workout, I am sweating buckets. If it is a back workout I am sweating. Shoulders no soo much, but still it is another tool I use to gauge if I am working out hard enough. The same goes for cardio as well, I know there are some lucky folks out there that don't sweat and pin a rose on your nose.

But I will say this:

The amount of sweat differs from person to person, you have those people that never sweat, I call them non-sweaters, then you have those people that should go to the Excessive Sweat Club (believe me this is a real clinic, I heard it on the radio). I would classify myself as a moderate sweater, which works for me. General rule of thumb for bigger muscle groups like legs, back, and maybe even chest for all you macho men out there, you will sweat more then you would working smaller muscle groups like triceps, biceps, and even calves.

The PUMP- (The Holy Grail)
For me, the pump and getting hard nipples go hand in hand. Well, actually I feel like the more my muscles get pumped, the harder my nipples get, so it is a win-win situation, unless you don't feel comfortable totally nipping out at the gym. But hey, who am I trying to impress any way. But the pump is another way I gauge if I am working hard enough and lifting intensely. Ladies and gentleman, I have to say the PUMP is probably what keeps me coming back for more. Watching the muscle get pumped is almost better than, dare I say it, SEX!!!!!!!!!

Well, thanks for reading, and I hope I have enlightened you on workout intensity. Start paying attention to the next time you nip out, and let me know you you feel.

Keep training hard and your eye on the prize. AYO AYO AYO ladies and gentleman.

Also check out this awesome website called Saving Strength
www.savingstrength.org/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment