Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Esther Alexander Interview









Ask me to describe perfection, and I may just tell you to look at Esther Alexander. I just very recently got to know Esther, but am so amazed and impressed. She is stunningly beautiful, has an amazing physique, and is such a sweet and nice woman. She never ends a message or conversation without something nice to say or a compliment. Esther, as you can tell by how amazing she looks, works hard to achieve the body she has, and that is something to be admired. BUt the thing about her is, even if she didnt have the body and didn't work ahrd for it, whatever she chose to do, she would be good at. A few days ago, I had never heard of Esther, and today she is one of my favorite people, I know that if you read and find out more about Esther, you will think highly of her to. So here is my interview with someone who is going to be a huge name in the fitness Industry, Esther Alexander.





Q: First Esther, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.

Q: Can you start out by tlling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: Well... in my family there is my mum and dad, my brother and I. My brother is 29 years old and is a very successful Barrister. We have a greek background with my mum's side coming from Kytheria and my Dad's side coming from Rhodes.

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: Before getting stuck into the weights i was very sporty. I was swimming from the age of about 3 years of age and continued that right through until I was in grade 12 and competed at both state and national level. I still swim occasionally now. I also played national level volleyball, cross country, athletics and the occasional game of waterpolo.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: What got me into the gym... I did a small amount of weights at high school but it wasn't until after that I really hit it harder. I was in a car accident when I was 18 and busted myself up pretty badly and had to learn how to walk again, do weights for rehab and it wasn't until that, where I really started to hit the weights. Picked up a fitness magazine and saw athletes like Monica Brant, Kelly Ryan and knew that it was what I wanted to do and haven't looked back!


Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: I have always responded really well to weights and cardio and saw results fairly quickly. Being sporty from a very early age helped also!

Q: HOw long were you training when you decided to compete and what made you decide to compete?
A: I had been training for about a year and then decided that I wanted to compete so I spoke to a friend who competed and he pointed me into the direction of a new coach and off I went!

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time, and how about now?
A: My friends were and have always been very supportive and my family are on board now... at first they (family) weren't too keen I think because they didn't really understand the sport, lifestyle etc., but now they love it and can't wait for me to get back up on stage again!


Q: Was the first competition what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: I realy had no idea what to expect to be honest! I remember that I was 21 and just got such a buzz about being on stage and was so happy to have just made it through the diet!!

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A: 2005 - I competed in INBA QLD State Championships and I came 3rd
2005 - I competed in INBA Aus Championships and I came 6th
I then had a few years off and came back up on stage in 2009 and I came 1st in the NABBA/WFF Novice Figure and am now currently ranked MS Southern Hemisphere (Novice)... can't wait for 2010!

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: I think maybe...ummm.... my back!?

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train or favorite exercise?
A: I love training back or arms... one of my faviourite execises are 1-arm dumbbell rows!

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: In my off-season I train weights 6 times a week for about 45 - 60 minutes and I perform about 3 cardio sessions for about 45 minutes (usually just low intensity walking).
When I'm prepping for a show I will increase the intensity and amount of sessions of cardio to every day; sometimes twice a day depending on how my physique is resopnding to the dieting and training. Dieting for comp season usually alters in that I wil have oats and sweet-potato as my main carbohydrates sources with a lot of salad and veggies.

Q: When someone see's or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Given that I am in the fitness industry as a personal trainer and athlete, most people now are like "wow that's great."... some people don't really understand what it means to compete but generally everyone is fairly supportive and interested!

Q: When they see or hear it that first time, what is the one question or comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: "How much do you bench?"! ha ha

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women you train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: Women (for some reason!) are scared that if they lift weights they are going to get big muscles! Drives me nuts having to explain the whole process but once again, lack of knowledge and education comes into play here so once they understand it, they are more aware of it all...

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: The best part of competing is watching your body change shape and seeing how it is going to take place for stage...
The worst thing - I love it all!! Don't get me wrong that some days the dieting is hell but all in all, I love everything about the process both on and off the stage!

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: I really admire Monica Brant! She has such a great physique and her attitude towards the sport is amazing. I'm really in admiration of anyone who gets up there (on stage) and gives it a shot! Pro or not!

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: I don't really eat junk food or drink alcohol so if I was to cheat, maybe some chocolate!?

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Dont get caught up in what everyone else is doing. Focus on yourself and your own goals and work towards that.

Q: Can you talk about your personal training, Elite Conditioning. What is it, andhow can people find out more?
A: Elite Conditioning is the business I have set up, which is a personal training and lifestyle coaching business. I work with clients who have NEVER entered a gym before, right through to those who are fitness maniacs! I have been very fortunate to travel the world with my business and love what I do! My website is in the process of being constructed www.eliteconditioning.com.au - so stay tuned!

Q: You are clearly very beautiful. Is fitness modeling something that interests you?
A: Aww thank you for the nice words.... I would love to persue fitness modelling and am aiming to persue that avenue a lot more as of this year! Would LOVE to be on the cover of fitness magazines and grace the pages!

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activites you enjoy?
A: I love going to the beach and spending time in the sun! Hanging out with friends and family is important to me and just generally relaxing :)

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Esther Alexander.
A: My day usually starts at 4:00am (off-season when no cardio is needed to be done) and I will generally work with clients from 5 - 11am, train myself 12 - 1pm , have a relax and rest in the middle of the day for an hour or two and then back to work from about 3pm - 8pm at night... once I get home I cook all my meals for the next day and head to bed! Pretty routine!

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: Umm.... I can play the cello and piano?!

Q: Describe Esther Alexander in five words.
A: Outgoing, Ambitious, Care-free, Open-minded,and Fun.

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: I would love to achieve my IFBB Pro Card and then compete Professionally... as mentioned before I would love to persue sports modelling a lot more and become a name within the sport/industry!

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: My websites are in the process of being constructed but keep posted for:

www.eliteconditioning.com.au

www.estheralexander.com.au

Q: Are you looking for sponsors?
A: I actually (As of last week) was just offered a sponsorship with Lee-Priest Nutrition so I am VERY excited about that.
I am also sponsorded by ASN (Australian Sports Nutrition) but definitely always looking for more!!

Q: Esther, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this.

1 comment:

  1. I have spent all afternoon wanking over this little hotty.

    ReplyDelete