Sunday, January 10, 2010

Shirley Madera Contest Prep Update

Hi everyone here is installment #2 for me journey in to the world of competition prep 2010.
This time around I am going to give you a bit more information because I am finally recovered from a full blown sinus infection and just have the residual cold..lol

My 1st real week at training was very good, exciting and stressful all at the same time. Due to the fact that there are some major changes going on in my personal and professional life.

The week started out great training is right on we are hitting every body part hard and heavy. I am required to wear a 20lb vest while doing pushups, tricep pushups and pullups everyday. Can I tell you how hard it is to do with an additional 20lbs and I am not talking about the vest. I was in my bulking stage and have gained an extra 20 lbs so I had to push and lift an additional 40lbs in reality. It wasn't easy but I did it. Unfortunately I didn't do it everyday so my gosl for this week is to get it done everyday. I am also required to do 30 minutes everyday on the stepper, I missed one day, not so bad considering everything that is going on. So of course my goal on cardio is to get it done everyday...
My workouts have been as follows: Sunday - Saturday: 30 minutes cardio on stepper unless teaching Zumba
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Shoulders
Friday: Arms
I do abs every other day at any random time avaliable.
But this past week my training was slightly different. My current workout looks like this:
Cardio is the same.
Monday: Chest and Triceps
Tuesday: Back and Biceps
Wednesday: Legs - Quads
Thursday: Shoulders
Friday: Legs - Glutes, Hammies
Can I tell you how sore my legs are...but its all good because they need the beat down...

Now for my diet, I still have yet to receive it but what I did was remove one serving of carbohydrate. So has of this moment my diet is pretty good and doable. It has taken some adjusting because I was placed on a lean mass gaining mealplan after almost a year of dieting for competitions. Now I am getting into a phase that I am actually more accustomed to. I will be getting my new mealplan on either Sunday 1/10 or Monday 1/11, then the real fun begins. BTW, did I tell you that my body does better on less carbs.. can you believe that? I will have pictures with measurements and Body fat %'s asap.
Just to give you a hint on my current eating plan that is as follows. I eat about 6 times a day depending on what time I get up but most times I eat about 7 times, sneaking in another chicken breast or a pouch of tuna.
Breakfast: 6 eggwhites an 1/2 cup of oatmeal made into a pancake
Mid-Morning snack: 50grams Whey protein made in water (sometimes I add a tablespoon of P.B. but that will stop this week :-(
Lunch: 6 oz chicken breast and 1/2 cup of sweet potato and a cup of green veggies (plain)
Mid Afternoon snack: 50grams whey protein
Dinner: 6 oz steak or chicken with green veggies
Some times in the middle of the day if I get hungry I will have a pouch of plain tuna.

Now so far so good no attitude adjustments needed but then again its only the beginning. I informed all of my clients that I am starting my comp prep and that I was 14 weeks out, now it's 13 weeks. I let them know that I am usually really good for the first 6-8 weeks, its the last 4-6 weeks that are killer. Especially the last 2 weeks, when I am totally carb depleted, I am a complete witch. So I have already forwarned them and apologized in advance, lol...
I am so excited to be doing this again. Every year for me has been better even though there is a price to pay in lost friendships but all in all it a great experience. The bond that my fitness career has forged between myself and my daughter is priceless and so are all of the friendships that I have made because of it. Well I am not going to get mushy on you yet that comes later from being carb depleted, lol.
I am looking forward to another great week of training and eating super clean. Watching the fat melt off displaying that chiseled muscle that I have worked so hard on. And of course sharing this experience with all of you.

Train like a freak,
Shirley


Shirley Madera
Certified Personal Trainer
352-848-5027
http://www.pgnnutrition.com/shop/33

No comments:

Post a Comment