Sunday, January 10, 2010

Joni Winright Interview







Joni Winright is a very beautiful Bikini competitor. While I ahve never had the pleasure of meeting her in person, I have had enough email contact with her to see she is more than a pretty face and more than an outstanding body. She is very kind and very enjoyable to communicate with. She has everything it takes to achieve greats things, whether it be competitive wise, or modeling wise. I ask you to please read this interview and find out more about this incredible woman.

Q: First Joni, I want to thank you for taking the time out to do this. It is much appreciated.
A: No problem...:)

Q: Can you start out by just telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: I am from Cincinnati Ohio...I am going to be 30 in February..blah...I live in Loveland Ohio now and I am a hair stylist at Collins & Co. Salon. I have one younger sissy who is my best friend and amazing parents....I grew up on the west side of Cincinnati and went to catholic schools. Yes I went to an all girl catholic high school. Ha I have been told I am very nieve, thats probably why.

Q: Before you got into the gym, where you an especially athletic person, play any sports?
A: I think my dad had us playing basketball when we could walk...hahah yes i played sports...basketball the most.He also coached high school basketball, so my sister and I lived at the gym...he brought us up to be very hard working, passionate, and go after all our dreams....but I think it also made us very competitive, so my boyfriend would say...hahaha.

Q: How long have you been training, and what led you to the gym?
A: I had always been into working out, but when i was younger I would say 20s I didnt stick to it because I was so skinny I didnt think I needed it. But when I was 25 my dad had heart attack and had to have bipasss surgery and it scared the shit out of me....I got test done and turned out i had high bp and cholestrol at 25...so eating healthy isnt only for your looks....from that moment on I changed, ate clean, and worked out consistently.

Q: Let's call it like it is, you are a very beautiful woman. Does that ever make training hard? Problems with people trying to talk or even hit on you and interupting you?
A: Ha Well thank you, I dont think i am anything special compared to all the other ladies at lifetime, but when i used to work out at night at that 5-9 slot, everyone wants to socialize. And when your trying to circuit train, or triple set stuff, which most girls do, it can mess up your work hard cuz your not keeping your heart rate up. So i learned a trick to wear my fav cincinnatti Reds or Bengals hat as low as possible so i couldnt make eye contact and have my ipod on...im in my own little world and it tends to help...also when i work out in the morning its very peace full not alot of people there...just sucks cuz i m not a morning person.

Q: Do you prefer to train alone, or with someone?
A: If they dont really wanna work out hard alone, but love training with my sister....we can push each other so much further than on our own...plus she is a personal trainer so she taught me proper form on everything.

Q: So what made you decide to compete?
A: Actually my boyfriend and her both did the Northern, and while I was there everyone told me to do bikini...I thought I work out and eat super clean already why not....a reason to be competitive with myself, get myself into the best shape I can, why not?

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported?
A: Yes, my boyfriend and sister were amazing support....my mom and dad were to. And a few of my friends hahh some of them tell me I need to live a little....which I never get...cuz eating that junk is gonna do the exact oppoosite of that...hahhah

Q: Was the first show what you expected? Did anything suprise you?
It was not what i had expected at alll...Girls are normally caddy and awful and I meet some reallly sweet girls back stage....like rebecca that you interviewed...a complete sweetheart....I also didnt expect to place top 5 and i got 3rd, and won a sword heheheh.

Q: How many shows have you done? Can you share your history to this point?
A: I did the monster mash and the kentucky muschle...I plan to do some next year cuz I wanna improve more.

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train or favorite exercise?
A: To be honest I really trained glutes and hams a ton cuz my arms and upper body were so lean they didnt want me to do much....I never even did one ab move....goes to show how far diet takes you....but bikini was such a softer look than figure...

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: I trained legs 3 days a week, did 2 kickboxing classes and then cardio everyday...my diet ending up being 2800 calories cuz i was losing 3 lbs of fat in a 2 weeks span with less calories and bikini you dont wanna be that lean....I ate I think 50 percent carbs, 30 protein 20 fat.....apparently I do way better on high carb low fat....I did low carb and I looked like Olive Oil stringyness....but I ate like sweet potatoe, ezekial bread 4:9, oatmeal oatmeal oatmeal hahahha its alot of food when its clean....and I did 99 percent turkey about 50 g, and made it into a pattie..easier to cook a weeks worth for me...I dont mind eating same food everyday ahhah...and I took like 17 fish oil fat capsule s a day....tons of water, and I used beverlly protein....muscle provider vanilla in my oatmeall very good.

Q: When people find out you train and compete, are there any questions they ask that you are sick of hearing?
A: Um more comments like, your going overboard, you need to eat you never eat, mind you I was eating 2800 calories, but apparently if its healthy it doesnt count as eating? hahahhh or I wouldnt wanna be in the gym that much....ha I normally only lift for like 35 to 40 minute, and I do my cardio and my appt complex in morning not long at all...

Q: Are there any misconceptions abut women who train and compete?
A: That I have to be so ripped nasty and huge.

Q: Why bikini over figure for example?
A: I didnt wanna be as hard looking as figure, i wanted a more soft lean feminine look...

Q: Do you have any favorites in the industry or people you admire?
A: I love Jaime Eason, but she is more of a bikini model now, but hey i would do that...ahhhhah.

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: I like my desserts, choc chip cookies, and red vines hahah otherwise cereal ha.

Q: If someone came up to you and said they wanted to start working out, what is the one piece of advice you would want to give them?
A: Ease into it, start small and work bigger....u go in and kill yourself the first week and are so sore u cant sit on the toilet its hardly appealing to go back....hahhah but also do stuff that you enjoy.

Q: Do you get a lot of friends asking for diet tips and advice?
A: yes all the time, but they never take it.....I have even gave them diets to the gram.

Q: Outside of the gym, any hobbies or activites you enjoy?
A: Going to movies, hanging with my family...sports...my boyfriend and his son family time...

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Joni Winright?
A: Get up eat, workout, shower, eat hahh, work at the salon, run errands, grocery, bank always something. Laundry, come home and watch a show for the everning and sleep ahhah not to exciting sounding but love my life.

Q: Favorite, actor, movie, TV show, and musician?
A: Because its christmas I have been watching Elf, so love Will Ferrel, Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Anniston. Friends was my all time fav, still crack up when I watch it....music wise my real ADHD comes out cuz I like it all, literally, some of this some of that...but working out I do lots of rap and rock. Gets ya pumped up.

Q: Describe Joni Winright in five words.
A: Energetic, Caring, Ambitious, Hardworking, and Loyal.

Q: Do you have any set plans for 2010, as far as competing or anyhing else?
A: Looking to do the Northern or spring shows...????

Q: Is there anything you want to take the time to plug or promote?
A: I do use Beverly products, and if any one needs a trainer get ahold of Jenmain Fitness....her name is Jennifer Winright Main....she is amazing....and I would love to get into the industry more and be a model for a company if any one sees potential in me...

Q: We know sponsors are nice for a competitor. Are you looking for any, and if so, how can they contact you, and what are they getting in Joni Winright, the athlete and competitor?
A: I would love to have a sponsor, and yes they can contact me....im hard working and always give 110 percent...so no need to worry if i will do whats expected of me, cuz i will do more.

Q: Joni, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this. I appreciate it, and hopefully this is our chance to introduce a future star to the industry. Anything you want to add before you go?
A: Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment