Thursday, January 21, 2010

IFBB Pro Jeannie Paparone Interview









If you know me, you know my affection for Jeannie Paparone. At first i found her one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen, which explains her Pro status.. Then I started to learn more about bodybuilding and realized she had one the of the best physiques I had ever seen. To top it off, when I first started with my own bodybuilding, Jeannie gave me so much advice and let me bother her with message after message after message, and never complained. Simply put Jeannie just plain RULES. Obivously when you compete on the Olympia stage then you are among the elite, and Jeannie will be back on that stage again.

Q: First Jeannie, thank you so much for agreeing to do this. I have told you
before I am a huge fan and I would put your physique against anyone in the
sport.
A:Thank you very much!

Q: First could you maybe share a little bit about you, such as where your from,
family, how you earn a living, things like that.
A: I was born and raised in Chicago, Il, and live in Las Vegas for 14 years.
I am 41 years old. I am a single mom to a beautiful 12 year old son named Louis. I am a Personal Trainer in Las Vegas.

Q: So what exactly got you started in bodybuilding? What made it something you
wanted to do?
A: I got started in bodybuilding after high school. I was an all-state gymnast in Chicago. After high school I still had the need to compete so bodybuilding was the answer.
Also, I was Anorexic in high school so bodybuilding has really saved my life!

Q: Was is something friends and family supported at the time, and how is it
supported now?
A: My friends love it, and I get alot of support from them and my family

Q: When you started was there anyone you looked up to and strived to be like,
and is there anyone now you would consider your favorites?
A: I followed Rachel McLish, and Cory Everson for years, then Lenda Murray was my idol.

Q: Can you share your contest history and what you would consider your greatest
achievement to this point.
A: I have been competing since 1994 so my contest history is very long over 20 shows I have done. My greatest achievement at this point was being on the Olympia stage in 2008.

Q: As I said, I would put your physique up against anyone in the sport. What do you consider your best body part?
A: My best body part I would say maybe my back and legs

Q: Is there a body part you like to train most or any exercise you most enjoy?
A: I love training shoulders. Shoulder flys is a must love them!

Q: When people see your physique, what is the most common reaction? Do you find
it more positive or negative?
A: Peoples reactions are all different. I either get the disgusted look or they will come up to me and compliment me.
I think its more positive responses than negative.

Q: When people do see it, what is the one question you wish people would stop
asking?
A: "How much do you bench press?"

Q: Do you feel female bodybuilders are more accepted today by the public than
maybe five years ago?
A: I think it is, because more women are into getting fit and being in the fitness industry.

Q: If there is one misconception or one thing about female bodybuilders, that you wish would change, what is it?
A: More Prize Money!

Q: Can you give an idea of what your normal training routine is like off season,
and for contest prep. What about your diet.
A: I usually train 5-6 days a week. One body part a week. Contest prep is usually the same but more cardio and lots of reps.
My diet all year long is pretty clean besides having a cheat meal once a week in the off season.

Q: Do you keep track of measurements, and if so care so share them?
A: I don't keep track of my measurements! Mirrors don't lie

Q: Describe a typical day in the life of Jeannie Paparone.
A: My typical day is getting up at 4:30 am and getting ready for work. My first client is at 6:30am until 10:30 depending how many clients I have
Then I will workout myself, go home eat, pick up my son from school, then its homework, then I go back to work to train evening clients then home dinner, then check my emails, then bedtime around 10:30.

Q: What is the lack of gym etiquette that most annoys you?
A: I would have to say people bothering me when actually I am with a client!

Q: Do you prefer to train alone or with a partner and why?
A: I train with my best friend and we help each other out.

Q: What is your single favorite thing about being involved in bodybuilding?
A: The challenge of seeing your body transform and competing on stage to show it off!

Q: I can attest to the great advice you give, as you have given me plenty
myself. If someone walked up to you and said they wanted to start bodybuilding.
What is the one piece of advice you would give them?
A: Make sure you are 100% mentally focused. Because their is alot involved especially the diet.

Q: I have been very critical about the judging in the sport, especially with
the women. Is there anything you would like to see changed, or do you feel it is
ok or the best it's gonna get?
A: Well what can I say! It is what it is! lol

Q: Anything you have yet to achieve in the sport that you still want to?
A: To compete at the Ms. International which I will be doing this year and to compete at the Olympia again.

Q: If someone said you could only listen to two musicians, watch two actors,
and two TV shows for the next year. What would they be?
A: Musicians would be Linkin Park, and Daughtry. The actors would be Robert Downey Jr. and Dwayne Johnson, 2 TV shows would be Kings and Queens and Two and half men.

Q: Describe Jeannie paparone in five words.
A: Positive, Confident, Secure, Funny, Nurturing

Q: Outside of training, do you have any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I love just chillin and relaxing at home with a movie and a nice glass of wine.

Q: Any plans for 2010 as far as competing or any other projects?
A: I am getting ready for the Phoenix Pro on Feb. 20, then the Ms. International on March 5th.

Q: Any websites or training services or anything you would like to take the
time to promote?
A: My website will be up soon at jeanniesfit4life.com, or you can find me on Facebook, and myspace.com/jeanniepaparone

Q: Obviously sponsorship is important in the sport. Are you looking for any and
if so what does a sponsor get in Jeannie paparone as far as an athlete? How can
they or anyone get ahold of you?
A: I don't have any sponsors at this time but am looking for one definitely! Anyone can get a hold of me at jeanniesfit4life@aol.com

Q: Jeannie, again I want to thank you for this. I can not express how big of an
honor this is for me. You are a credit to the sport and the women involved. I
truly have the greatest respect and admiration for you. Anything you would like
to add before you go?
A: It is my pleasure Jason, I'm glad I can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment