Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Kortney "All Natural KO" Olson Interview

What is not to love about Kortney Olson. She is one of the most beautiful women you will ever lay eyes on. She has a great physique (highlighted by her amazing legs, great abs, and my favorite, her awesome triceps). She has built that physique naturally, and is not afraid to tell you and brag about it. She will say what she feels, and if you don't like it, it is not her problem. She works hard every day to look like she does, and her work ethic should be and is something that should motivate others. Please take the time to read one of my favorite interviews so far, and learn more about this amazing woman. Also see more of her at www.allnaturalko.com


Q: First Kortney I want to thank you for taking the time to do this. I am a big fan and this is an honor.
A: For sure :)

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, those kinds of things.
A: I grew up in a small town in northern California. up in what some people call "God's Country". i grew up on 40 acres with an older brother that i idolized! i wanted to be like him so badly, that i even would pee standing up! LOL

Q: I know you have been training for a long time. What got you started and when did you become really serious about it.
A: Yes.... my Father gave me my first workout video when I was 7 years old :) in fact, I still have it today! He also had a gym out in our garage, and I used to love to go out and watch the boys throw iron around. I was always athletic growing up, but started lifting weights seriously when I got to college. I was only 17

Q: Was weight training something you picked up fairly easy. How long before you saw real results?
A: It did come easy for me. I am one of the most competitive people I've ever met. From the time I started lifting until I started seeing results, I was partying a lot between my early and mid 20's. it wasn't until I quite drinking July 5th, 2007 that I started my first steps to seeing "cuts". I always had a small waist, flat stomach, and big hard arms and legs, but the cuts weren't as visible.

Q: You are currently prepping for your first competition in May. What made you decide to go ahead and compete?
A: I'm not really sure! I got the competing bug when I was in Ft Lauderdale at the nationals. I decided to compete in a non-natural show so I could prove a point: Winning can be done without juicing.

Q: Are you excited, nervous, a little of both?
A: FU*KIN FIRED UP!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever I put my mind to, I get it done. I have no doubt in my mind that I'm going to take anything less than first place. Because as long as I give this everything I got, first place is inevitable.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how are you altering it for contest prep?
A: I was doing 40 mins of cardio every day, and training back and shoulders, biceps and triceps, chest, and legs once a day, rotating the parts with taking 1 day off a week. I'd also do cross fit once or twice a week. to prep for this contest, Ive hired Cathey Paleo to train me M, W, F for an hour each day on chest, shoulders, and back. Those are my weakest areas. She said my arms and legs are already huge.

Q: Do you have any competitors you admire, or are a fan of?
A: Amber Delucca, Alison Moyer, Dani (figure power), Kelly Dobbins and Annie R

Q: Is competing something you plan to regularly do now?
A: I have NOOOOOO idea :) I have a pretty good feeling it will be. My fiance isn't a big fan of GIGANTIC women, plus he likes my big booty and thick legs. As long as he is ok with the way I turn out, I'm sure I'll be on the scene over and over again.

Q: What do you feel is your best body part or the one that gets the most compliments?
A: MY LEGS!!!! and my abs.

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train or favorite exercise?
A: I LOVE training triceps for some reason. They are huge. I love using the rope with tricep pull-downs

Q: When someone sees your physique for the first time, what is the most common response. More positive or negative?
A: All the guys ask me what I do to get my legs so big. Most negative? No one has the balls to say anything negative to my face. I've had a few guys say I should get a set of boobs.

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question you are sick of hearing?
A: LOL see above. I don't ever get sick of it however. I find it very flattering.

Q: Are there any misconceptions about women who train so hard or things you wish people understood?
A: Not really............ I just find it amusing that some men and women assume that I take steroids because of my size. Genetically I'm blessed. I'm too much of an addict. If I started roiding, I would want to keep taking more, and I'd have a beard in no time! :)

Q: What is the best and worst part of training. the worst part?
A: Having to come up with the extra money? That's all I can really think of. The best part would have to be all of it! The feeling I get when I'm lifting is indescribable.

Q: Someone says to you "women should not be that muscular". What do you say back? A: NO ONE has EVER told me that. I know there are people like that out there, and if someone told me that, I'd say "YOU'RE JUST SCARED OF LOOSING TO A GIRL!"

Q: If someone told you they wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would want to give them?
A: CRAP OR GET OFF THE POT. It'll be the best decision you've ever made for yourself.

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Peanut butter :)

Q: You also have done several photo shoots. What do you enjoy about that, and if someone wanted to do a shoot with you, how can they contact you?
A: I love being in front of a camera. I've been a ham since I was a young girl. Now that my website is finally live, I plan on keeping most of the content of myself and my progress available only there. I will do select photo shoots with special folks, or for personal use. www.allnaturalko.com has a contact link on my website :)

Q: You also train in martial arts.. What specifically do you train and how long have you been doing that?
A: Kempo Jujitsu. I have a black belt friend that comes over to my house and gives me private lessons from time to time. Since I started training for competing, I haven laid off. But I started training a couple years ago. It's hard to find enough time to do both.

Q: What got you interested in that I've always been interested in it?
A: The thought of ripping someones heart out of their chest with your bare hands, always intrigued me as a kid. I think it was from watching Indiana Jones and the temple of doom, LOL!

Q: Is competing in that something you have ever considered?
A: Not really. but once i finish my first body building show, I'm sure I'll be involved in some local tourneys.

Q: You also have an awesome website. Can you give that out and tell people what all they can find there.
A: www.allnaturalko.com twice a week i update it with photos and vid's. I cover a wide gamete of fetishes from wrestling to lift n carry, and my favorite, scissoring.

Q: Outside of the training and things, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: Playing musical instruments, golfing, spending time with my other half and our dogs aka "the kids" :)

Q: Describe a typical day in the life of Kortney Olson.
A: Wake up, cardio. Come home, eat. answer emails, blog, pay bills, book sessions, walk dogs, weight train, eat, eat some more, sleep

Q: Favorite actor, movie, TV show, and musician?
A: Favorite actor? Tom Hanks. movie: don't have one. TV show: Family Guy. musician: PRINCE

Q: Describe Kortney Olson in five words.
A: Perfectionist, Over-Achiever, Old Soul, Clean Freak, Sex Addict.

Q: Besides competing in may, any other set plans for 2010?
A: Yesssssssssssssss. It's top secret :)

29. Anything I may have missed that you want to plug or promote?
A: Just keep watching.... you'll see. I'm very excited to get over to Europe this summer too. NYC May 27th, then over to Europe. Boston in April.

Q: Are you looking for sponsors, if so, how can they reach you and what are they getting in Kortney Olson, the athlete and competitor.
A: YES! each sponsor is different and unique and gets something special.

Q: Kortney, again, I thank you for taking the time for this. I can not wait to see you tear it up on stage and become a big star in the industry. Any last words before you go?
A: The support I get from my fans really drives me wild :)

No comments:

Post a Comment