Friday, May 7, 2010

Hayley McNeff Interview






How good is Hayley McNeff? She is over ten years younger than me, and she is female, yet she is one of my idols. In two years she added immense size, did her first two shows in 2009 and in both, won her class, and the overall. I have come across very few who have the love and dedication for the sport Hayley has. And at a young age, she has so much more she can do, and she will do. Hayley is someone you can not doubt, and you can not deny. She is going to be one of the elite women in this industry. A sign of that is that not many people have the popualrity she has after doing just two shows. If you are a sponsor, Hayley is the kind of person you should want promoting your product. She is beautiful, a great physique, and such passion for what she does. Here is your chance to know a little more about a woman who will for sure be a superstar in the sport of bodybuilding.





Q: First Hayley, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: Oh, of course!

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: I am from Concord, Massachusetts. I have an older brother and an older sister. My sister lives in New York and brother lives in Upstate New York. I am close with them, not my parents. My family didn't agree with my bodybuilding until I won my first two shows, LOL. Now they're proud after I achieved something LOL!

Q: Before bodybuilding, were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports?
A: Yes, I have always been very athletic; my whole family has. I've played almost every sport, from soccer, field hockey, skiing, lacrosse, horseback riding. I was on a U.S. diving team, and finally to bodybuilding.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: I saw my first female bodybuilder on Myspace!!! Once I saw her big vascular arm- that was it for me!! I went to the gym the next day, and the rest is history!

Q: Was weight training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you saw results?
A: The first 6 months I didn't know how to eat, so I didn't blow up until alter. Once I got the diet down, I really started growing at an expedient rate. My body responded really well to lifting, to the point everyone assumed that I was juicing when I've never touched the stuff.


Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete and what made you decide to compete?
A: I realized I was finally big enough to step on stage like all the female bodybuilders I idolized!! My goal was to get huge, and I wanted to compete against other huge chicks LOL!! I am a very competitive person, so competing came naturally.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time, and how about now?
A: At first my family and friends thought I was crazy for even getting into bodybuilding. But once I decided to compete, everyone was pretty supportive at that point. But after my shows, I got a new found respect I never had before from people. Once I did two shows and won both, people looked at what I did as more legitimate than just an obsession.

Q: Was the first show what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: Yes, I expected to win and I did. No nothing surprised me. I was fully prepared. I had been dreaming about it since I got into bodybuilding two years prior.

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A: I competed in my first show, the Delaware last August 2009, and the Maryland/East Coast Classic a week later. I won my class, lightweight, and the overall in both shows.

Q: What do you consider your best body part or the one that gets the most compliments?
A: It depends LOL! It depends on what is biggest at the time, although I try to remain symmetrical. But probably my back and my legs.

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train?
A" Nope LOL! My favorite is usually what I am training heaviest at the time, which is always changing as I am always trying to lift heavier. But I enjoy all body parts equally. lately, however, seated leg curls are making me cry LOL! Literally! SO I am loving those haha!

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: One body part a day. I do arms twice a week because they are a stubborn body part. I eat 9 meals a day all year long, to the point where I get up to do shakes in the middle of the night. I eat carbs 8 or 9 meals out of the day and protein at every meal. I purposely did many cheat meals this year so that when Is tarted dieting I would shock the crap outta my body. This has proved to work well because I have started dieting and my body is definitely shocked LOL! The lowest carb meals I will ever eat d day is 3 since I am natural, so I will never do a ketogenic diet; I would lose too much muscle.

Q: When someone sees your physique for the first time what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Positive. People love it LOL. People are extremely supportive and are interested in what I do. If they don't understand it, they still respect it and how hard I work. Not everyone wants to look like this, and not everyone is attracted to it, but regardless, everyone knows I put my soul into what I do.

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one comment or question you are most sick of hearing?
A: Hmmmm..... "What do you eat?" LMAO! It's so annoying! I don't want to tell them because they're not going to remember it, and they are not going to do it! So I don't wanna waste my breath LOL!

Q: What is the biggest misconception about female bodybuilders or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: Hmmm... that one needs to take drugs that men are taking in order to compete and do well. You don't need to.

Q: Do you feel muscular women are becoming more accepted in society?
A: I am accepted, but I look like a female still LOL> I think the begin to have a problem being accepted when they take it too far with drugs and begin to legitimately look like a man- facially. When women have muscle and still look like women in the face, and have distinctly female muscles as opposed to male muscles, they are usually accepted. I find that people are intrigued by it more than anything.

Q: You are obviously very beautiful, is fitness modeling something that interests you?
A: Absolutely not! I never wanted to be another fitness model. I wanted to be huge!!!! LOL! I like to carve my own path in everything I do.

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: Best part: Winning!LOL!! Worst part: feeling like shit and being sooo hungry!

Q: Do you have any favorite bodybuilders or any you admire?
A: Yes!!! Sooo many!! Physique wise, Debi Lazsewski, Lisa Aukland's legs, Candy Canary's upper body, Heather Armbrust's legs, and I love Debbie Bramwell as a person!

Q: DO you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Probably cheeseburgers and pizza LOL! I love fries but I can;t even eat them as a cheat meal because they're just too fatty LOL! I feel nasty when I eat them LOL.

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start bodybuilding, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Get huge LOL! Naw, I'm just kidding. I would say DO NOT TAKE DRUGS! And if you do, only take the "chick drugs". DO NOT TAKE WHAT THE MALE BODYBUILDERS TAKE!

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: Uhhh.... no LOL. I am graduating Umass Amherst with a Psychology degree. I love training and going to class.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Hayley McNeff.
A: All I do is go to class, eat, go to the gym, eat LOL, and sleep. And I love it that way!

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I loooooove chick flicks ahhaaaa!!!

Q: Describe Hayley McNeff in five words.
A: Intense, Passionate, Determined, Hardcore, Bad ass.

Q: Any set plans coming up as far as competing or anything else?
A: Yess!!! I am dieting for Team Universe in July!! I am 11 weeks out and I am sooo excited!

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: Raising the Bar 4 is coming out- just did filming for it this week! I am in Raising the Bar 3, but people should watch all 3. They are amazing and inspiring bodybuilding documentaries that will give you chills up your spine! In fact, anything produced by Mike Pulcinella will. He also did "Overkill!! on kai Greenn, which had me glued to the TV the whole time LOL!
Also Chris Zimmerman, my best friend, is probably the best photographer in the business right now. Check out hist stuff- it's crazy! A really talented dude.


Q: Are you looking for sponsors?
A: Yes I am!! How can I get one?! LOL!! Get in touch with me on Facebook: Hayley McNeff. Send me a message! Thanks!

Q: Hayley, again, it has been great to have you do this. Any last words before you go?
A: Everyone: Get Huge! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment