Saturday, May 1, 2010

Competitors Edge by Vanessa Prebyl

A Weekly Blog BY nationally Ranked Bikini Competitor Vanessa Prebyl


Helloooooo to ALL!!!!! I hope everyone's week is going well.

This week's blog is about getting back on track. This is my first week on my next competition preparation for Team Universe Championships on July 10. I have 10 weeks until I hit that new Jersey stage. I would like to dedicate this blog to how I get back on track, because many people have asked me HOW I am able to jump back into training so fast.

First of all, the best way to get back on track is to never get off. Sure have your cheat meals after your show, but be mindful of your health and what you are doing to your body. If I have cheat meals it is usually within the three days following a show and I keep it to one cheat meal a day. For example right after the Emerald Cup I had one cheat meal of a chicken quesadilla with shrimp and a red velvet cheesecake. All other meals were the same as my normal diet plan. The next day I had one cheat meal of a burger and fires and lastly, the following day I had a seafood platter of shrimp and crawfish with Cajun seasoning. So for me it is easier to just have one cheat meal a day and enjoy what I am eating, rather than gorge on everything in sight.

Next is to KEEP WORKING OUT. The very next day after the Emerald Cup I did just 30 minutes of cardio and every day after that I kept my cardio between 30-40 minutes. I did give my muscles 4 days to rest and then Is tarted back lifting lightly and after a week had went by I was back to my old routine with two 30 minute cardio sessions and weighted workouts almost every day.

I did however enjoy myself with my husband, friends, and family with dinner and a movie for my birthday. I allowed myself to splurge on Salmon Sashimi with two spicy tuna rolls (no rice of course) and a movie size box of raisinets. That was a GREAT day! It meant a lot to me to see my friends and family and actually go out and do something they would enjoy as well.

Lastly, the best way to get back on track is to DECIDE to get back on track. YOU are the only one that can determine your workout intensity or what you put in your mouth. if you want to make a change DO IT and the more you stick to a strct diet and workout schedule the easier it will be and the better your body will respond. TRUE-DAT!!! :-)

If you ahve any additional questiosn please psot a comment to this blog. Also, if you would like to ask a question and don't want to ask in in a blog setting, feel free to email me at vanessaprebyl2000@yahoomail.com. I hope this information helps you.

Quote of the Week:

"don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
- Albert Camus

Much Love To All,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment