Sunday, May 2, 2010

Belinda Ann Hope Europa Interview







I try and treat everyone equal with these interviews. But once in awhile I cant. Because if someone is important to me, I feel I need to let people know. Belinda Ann Hope, is important to me. Awhile back Belinda was just someone who was interested in doing an interview. Since then Belinda has become a friend. Not just a friend, but to me, one of my best friends. Whether on the phone, in a text, in an email, however we communicate at the time, Belinda always encourages me with my own training. When I have a great day or big accomplishment, I can not wait to tell Belinda, when I have a bad day or take a step back, I can always go to Belinda and get set straight. She is simply an unconditional friend, and those are the best kind. I am awaiting the day I can afford to go spend some time training with Belinda, because she has an incredible knowledge of training and I know a week with her would be invaluable. Belinda just won the Figure Tall Class at the Europa, and looking at the pictures, it is obvious why she won. Belinda is proof of what hard work can get you. In the past, she would ask judges what improvements needed made, and Belinda simply worked and made them, and what did the judges say this time? "Don't change a thing". Belinda is everything I love about this sport. But the best thing about Belinda is, even if she wasn't involved in this sport, I would still want to be her friend. Belinda is a special special woman.





Q: Belinda, thanks for taking the time out to do a second interview.
A: You are very welcome it is my pleasure doing these interviews because the help that you are providing by giving women in the fitness industry a voice is amazing!

Q: For those who may have missed the first interview, can you tell a little about yourself.
A: Well I am a 35 year old mom, personal trainer, college graduate with a BSO in Accounting that is now a full time personal trainer that loves competing and working out! I also train figure, fitness, bikini and bodybuilding competitors!

Q: Congrats are obviously in order for your 1st place finish in Figure at the Europa. How did you feel about the show overall?
A: I actually felt overwhelmed by not just the placing but the judges critique. Minus little things like get my hair off my shoulders I was told NOT TO CHANGE ANYTHING!! I've waited 5 yrs to hear that!

Q: Do you walk away saying "I am happy with how I did" or is it still a case of wanting to be even better next time?
A: I refer to myself as W.I.P!!! It means I am a work in progress and that stands true regardless of how I place at a show. I am very hard on myself!

Q: After pre-judging how were you feeling about your chances?
A: I am very very analytical so I was very worried because I was trying to read the stage movements and the judges! Bad idea just let it go!

Q: I have seen photos and obviously by your wining, you looked amazing. Overall, were you satisfied with the package you brought to the stage?
A: No i saw several things i need to work on. . .thank goodness it is only the first show!

Q: What part of your physique would you say made the biggest improvements from last time?
A: I think I was sharper at Nationals so I have work to do but it will be done!

Q: Was there one aspect of your physique you thought could have been better or you want to improve on for next time?
A: Yes for some reason my legs didn't do it for me in the pictures!

Q: Was your prep for this show any different than for past shows?
A: No way if its not broke don't fix it. I did the same thing but I did have to play catch up because I enjoyed the holidays too much!!

Q: Is there a point in the prep process where you say "O.K. I am ready"?
A: Yes and no because I always find something to work on for next show! But I do know when I feel comfortable with all my hard work.

Q: Anything about the prep process that you can say you want to do different next time?
A: Nope just thank goodness the holidays are not before every show!

Q: After a show like that, is it a mental let down at all, now that the process is over?
A: In the first year yes but Ive been competing 5 yrs now. There is actually an extreme depression stage for most girls when they are new to this but I am just fine now that its been so long doing this sport!

Q: The week before a show like that, what are you thinking about? Nervous or excited, or what?
A: Both nervous and excited. I was a Olympic trials qualifier in track and field so I was very good but before every track meet in college I would go into fear but when the gun went off the fear disappeared! I am not as bad now but I still get nervous but I love the stage and I am never nervous up there!

Q: How about those last 5 minutes before you hit the stage, what are you thinking about?
A: I am thinking about my turns and stance. I visualize the whole thing and boy does that work!

Q: When you are on stage do you try and read the judges reactions at all or just focus on what you are doing?
A: Definitely try to read their reactions which is a HUGE NO NO!!

Q: Whats the first thing you ate once it was over?
A: Homemade bread pudding made by IFBB PRO bodybuilder Betty Pariso! She has a dessert buffet for the athletes and this is her signature item!! Yummy

Q: Was there any other competitors you noticed who really impressed you?
A: I am so zoned out i don't really notice anyone!

Q: Anyone you got to meet or see for the first time that you were excited about?
A: No I spend a lot of time relaxing with my family and stretching at these shows!

Q: How important is support from family and friends at a show like this?
A: Very very important! I had 5 friends that drove over an hour to be there! It really made my day! My husband and 6 year old are great because so much of my time is spent show prepping so they deal with alot!!

Q: Where would you rank this show in your achievements in the sport?
A: In the very top!!! It felt great to win the Europa tall class!!

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: Oh yeah I'm doing the Tampa Bay Classic which is a local show. . .this is the 5th yr!! I support and love the local shows!!

Q: Anyone you want to thank for helping you in the process?
A: I would like to thank my hubby Dave, my 6 yr old daughter Daveela and all my friends, clients and just everyday gym members that stare at that trophy every day at the trainer desk and remind me of my great accomplishment!!

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: YOUR WORK, YOUR BLOG!!! YOU ARE DOING A GREAT THING AND THANK YOU IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOUR SUPPORT!!

Q: Looking for any sponsors? If so what are they getting in Belinda Ann Hope the athlete and competitor?
A: YES definitely looking for sponsors!! I would love to represent a company that has great products and other great people already involved. . .that's a great sign of a great company! What they will get in me is an athlete that is loyal, hard working and has the mentality that if I slack in anyway there is always someone willing to pick up my slack! I am an all natural athlete that works for every ab shred, every vein and every muscle I have and I will continue this way for a very long time!!

Q: Belinda, you have become someone very important to me, and someone whose friendship I cherish. I am so happy for and proud of you. So again congrats. Any last words before you go?
A: THANK YOU FOR COMING ALONG I REALLY FEEL THAT YOU ARE A SHINING LIGHT FOR SO MANY FEMALE COMPETITORS. . .NEW, VETERAN, YOUNG, OLD, BIKINI, FIGURE, FITNESS AND BODYBUILDING! YOU ARE A BLESSING IN MY EYES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment