Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ronda Gale Interview


I have seen Ronda Gale fight in person twice. After her recent win over Marcia May, I was so impressed. She sowed so much heart and determination to win a grueling fight. I decided I needed to do an interview with her. Ronda is what is great about MMA. Tough, determined, hard working, and ever improving. And if she continues to improve fight to fight like she has so far, then we are about to see one hell of an exciting fighter.



Q: First, Ronda, thanks so much for doing this.
A: I'm grateful to have the opportunity to do this interview.

Q: Can you start by telling a little about yourself.
A: I'm 34 years old a wife and a mother of 4, I am also a store manager of a fast food business.

Q: Were you especially athletic growing up? Play any sports?
A: Yes up until high school I played volleyball, basketball, softball,and ran track in high school I didn't have as much time so i stuck to volleyball and softball.

Q: What initially got you started training for MMA?
A: My husband,I was always on the sidelines watching him train and going to fights and grew a love for the sport, so I started training with him.

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy?
A: It was fairly easy for me, but don't get me wrong, there is still things to this day that I get frustrated over.

Q: How long did you train for your first fight?
A: I was only training for about 3 months when I took my first fight.

Q: Was fighting something your family and friends supported?
A: Yes my family and friends are very supportive of me and always there for me, lol my mom is one of my biggest supporters but refuses to go to the fights, shes a mom and cant handle it but has been talking about coming to my next one.


Q: Where do you train at?
A: I train out of the DUNGEON in Akron Ohio.

Q: Can you share your overall record?
A: Its 3-2

Q: Which fight so far is the one you are most proud of?
A: I'm most proud of my last fight against Marcia May, with every fight I get better and show more skills.

Q: What would you say is your biggest strength and the thing you most want to improve on?
A: I am my own biggest critic so I looked to my coaches for this answer and they said .. my 2 strengths are my persistence and my heart..and biggest weakness is I'm to hard on myself.

Q: What is the best and worst part of training and competing in this sport?
A: The best part of training is being pushed to that limit were you think you cant go anymore but you know you have to keep pushing,that is the best and worst part.

Q: Are there any fighters you are a fan of or like to watch?
A: Yes my favorite female fighter is by far Jessica Eye, and male fighter is my own team mate Josh Moore.

Q: In your opinion who are the top five pound for pound in the sport?
A: Id have to say ..Tara Larosa, Megumi Fugi, Erin Toughill, Sarah Kaufman, and Gina Carano

Q: Do you ever see a major U.S. women's only company being viable?
A: It is almost 2011 and I can see it happening in a few years.

Q: Often you see a show that has one women's fight, and it ends up being the most exciting fight on the show. Why do you think that is?
A: I think that the female fights are always more exciting because we don't have the knock out power that a man has but we have a much higher pain tolerance to keep going the distance.

Q: What is the biggest misconception about female fighters?
A: I don't think theres a whole lot of misconception anymore, were being accepted into the mans world.

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to train for the sport. What's the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: You have to have a love for the sport and be willing to sacrifice alot of things in your normal life.

Q: Outside of training and fighting, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: Spending time with my family,and playing softball.


Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Ronda Gale.
A: My day starts at 5 am I get up get ready for work, get the kids up and ready for school,head to work put in at least 9 hours there, head home to do dinner and homework,then off to the gym I get home around 9:30 -10:00 at night get a few things done around the house and head to bed to do it all over the next day.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: Alot of people that don't know me don't realize I have 4 kids.

Q: Describe Ronda Gale in five words.
A: Persistent, Competitive, Dedicated, Hardworking, Go-getter

Q: So whats next for you? Any idea when you will be fighting next?
A: I play it by ear and go with what my coach has planned for me, I am looking to fight again Feb 12th for the NAAFS.

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: At this time just my team the DUNGEON, and Pronio Sports the complex I train out of and the NAAFS they are a great organization.

Q:Are you looking for sponsors? If so, what are they getting in Ronda Gale?
A: Yes I'm defiantly looking for my first sponsor.. I can be contacted through e-mail or phone,but what there getting is a very dedicated and hardworking person that is willing to go that extra mile to get were I'm going.

Q: Ronda thanks again for taking the time for this. Any last words before you go?
A: I thank you for taking the time to talk with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment