Friday, June 25, 2010

Competitors Edge by Vanessa Prebyl

A Weekly Blog By Nationally Ranked Bikini Competitor Vanessa Prebyl

Hello!!! This week I would like to talk about life as a competitor.

For the longest time I would train and eat healthy and stay insanely focused about my next competition. I would put things off until after my show and stay on my strict routine. I am still very focused on my next competition/meal plan/workouts; however, I have realized that even though I am a competitor- life must go on. I have now been able to manage visiting my friends and family and also going to the movies now and then. I obviously cannot go out to dinner or stay out too late because it messes with my sleeping and therefor messes with my workout intensity. I finally have realized that there needs to be a BALANCE in a competitors life. One must be able to train for a competition and try to live a normal life. This is not an easy task and has taken me almost a year to figure out.

My husband and I have now decided to play our vacations so we have something to look forward to. For example, out next trip will be to New York after I compete in the Team Universe competition. We will be going to Soho, Greenwich village, Times Square, and Central park. This will be our first time going to New York so we are pretty excited. We are only going to take one day of training off and then back to the competitors style of life.

It is nice being able to look forward to trips and vacations so that my husband and I can just relax. I think it is important to allow yourself to have a break from the rigorous training.

If you have any questions please post a comment to this blog or feel free to email me at vanessaprebyl2000@yahoomail.com

Quote of the Week:
"A man's/woman's body is made through their determination."
-Quote from a Bruce Lee movie


Talk to you all next week,
-Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment