Friday, May 7, 2010

IFPA Pro Kristin Fonseca Interview






Although she has been training for many years, Kristin Fonseca just started competing in 2009. And the results speak for themselves. She won her first show, has competed in an IFPA Pro show, and her goal is to win one and compete successfully in an NPC show. No doubt if she continues with her success she will reach those goals. Kristin is a study in hard work and discipline, and there really is no end to how far she can go. Here is your chance to know a little more about Kristin Fonseca.




Q: First, Kristin, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.

Q: Can you start out by just telling a little about yourself. Family,
where you are from, things like that.
A: I am from Plymouth, MA. I'm married and have a 13 year old son.

Q: Before bodybuilding, where you an especially athletic person? Play
any sports?
A: I am not very athletic. I enjoyed jazz dance class growing up and I
exercised/weight trained for the last 20+ years for the purpose of
weight control.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: I started weight training in the mid 80's after gaining 30 lbs during
my 1st year of college.

Q: Was weight training something you picked up fairly easy? How soon
before you started to see results?
A: Yes..8 weeks.

Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete and what
made you decide to compete?
A: I trained for over 20 years and always wanted to compete but never did
until last year

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the
time, and how about now?
A: Recently I've got a lot of support.

Q: Was the first show what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: I was surprised that I did what I did (I won).

Q: Can you share your contest history
A:
*04/09 OCB spirit of America 1st in Novice ,Masters, and Overall women's bodybuilding
*05/09 NPC Jay Cutler Classic 1st in lightwieght, Masters and overall women's bodybuilding
*06/09 INBF North East Classic 1st in lightweight, Masters and overall women's
bodybuilding, 1st in Master's Fitbody, 3rd in Open
*09/09 IFPA Pro International (first pro show) 5th place


Q: What do you consider your best body part or the one that gets the
most compliments?
A: My legs at contest time, but my worst off-season.

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train?
A: Shoulders/back

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like and how do you
alter it for contest prep?
A: 5 days a week weight training/ cardio off season 6 days a week contest
prep.
My diet is always clean.

Q: When someone sees your physique for the first time, what is the
most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Positive....I'm a small female bodybuilder.


Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or
comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: "You don't want to get too big do You?" or "You look so much better now"
(post contest)

Q: What is the biggest misconception about female bodybuilders, or
the thing you most wish people understood?
A: It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to put on natural muscle.

Q: Do you feel muscular women are more or less accepted by society
today then five years ago?
A: Probably the same....most people don't get it.

Q: Do you have any set goals in bodybuilding you still hope to achieve?
A: I would love to win a pro natural show and would love to successfully
compete in an NPC National show.

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: The best part is the sense of accomplishment you feel on contest day.
The worst part is the fake tan and getting it on everything.

Q: Do you have any favorite bodybuilders?
A: They all inspire me.

Q: DO you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Peanut butter/almond butter!!

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start bodybuilding, what
is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Go for it...be prepared to work.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I'm a musician/singer and I enjoy spending time with my husband and son.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Kristin Fonseca.
A:
5:00 get up
40 mins of morning cardio
work
4:00 train /20 minutes pm cardio
7:00 eat dinner/ hang out with husband and son
10:00 bed

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I worked for the last 20 years as a professional singer with dreams of
"rock -stardom".... now I'm focused on bodybuilding.

Q: Describe Kristin Fonseca in five words.
A: Dedicated, Driven, Obsessive, Sensitive, Creative

Q: Any set plans coming up as far as competing or anything else?
April 24 Muscle Mania, Conn, June (Kristin has since competed in this show), IFPA pro bb show North Hampton MA and some more this summer.... an NPC National show (Team Universe/ Masters/Collegiate).

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so, how can they contact you and
what are they getting in Kristin Fonseca the athlete and competitor?
A: I'd love a sponsor...I'd love to represent Natural woman's
bodybuilding and let people know that it's never to late to start.

31. Again, Kristin, it has been great to have you do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment