Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Competitors Edge by Vanessa Prebyl

A Weekly Blog By Nationally Ranked Bikini Competitor Vanessa Prebyl

Ni my friends!!! This week's blog will be about my last photo shoot for a calendar. There are a few things to think about when considering a shoot.

First, do your research. Make sure you like the photographers work. Check the style of pictures and the vibe you get from the photographer. It is very important that you feel comfortable with the type of pictures being taken and the person who is taking them because it will show in your photos.

Furthermore, remember, in most cases, you get what you pay for. What I mean by this is if you are paying a photographer you will have more control of where and when you will be taking pictures as well as what type of poses you will be doing. I was asked to do a shoot for a calendar (with no cost to me) and the photographer picked the backdrops and directed ALL of my poses.

Second, the quantity of pictures will help give you more of a selection, which will help you find your best angles. Therefore, the more pictures taken the better. I looked through about 500 pictures and I only liked 5. I am very picky though and I expect a lot of myself.

I did learn a lot from my last shoot and I will change some things for the next time so that I am better prepared. For example ask if they will be providing hair and makeup, if not, get it done or make sure you are able to do your own hair and makeup. Furthermore, bring your own outfits, bikinis, gym clothes or whatever you are shooting in. When you bring your own clothes you KNOW they will fit and look good on you. Remember to go with darker colors because they show up better in pictures.

All in all, I learned a lot from teh experieence ad I hope this information helps you as well.

If you have any additional questions please psot a comment to this blog or feel free to email me at vanessaprebyl2000@yahoomail.com

Quote of the Week:
"You miss 100 percent of teh shots you never take."
- Wayne Gretzky

Much love to all,
-Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment