Thursday, May 27, 2010

Erika Shingary Column

A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to visit another gym with jason. I know that Jason touched on this subject in his blog, but I wanted to take the time to write about it as well. While we were talking the track duscussing out workouts, I noticed a man on the floor doing sits ups. I pointed him out to jason because this man is usually at my gym and constantly stares at me while I'm training. Well, it was hard for Jason to miss because he was doing the exact same thing as me this time. Now, I'm not jsut talking about someone glancing at you or maybe even looking a second too long. I'm talking about someone who completely stops what they are doing and stares so intensely that it feels like they are examining the insides of your soul!!

I agree with Jason and I understand that if you see an attractive person, you may give them a second look. But do you really ahve to stare in a way that makes them uncomfortable? Yes, we are proud of our bodies. That's why we are at the gym. BUt, this is a time that we are trying to get our training done. So please be considerate!!

Moving on, I want to tell you how it came about that I emt Jason. Sometime back I offered to workout with him. At that time he told me that he wanted to wait a little bit until he was in better shape. Then about 3 weeks later, he asked if I still wanted to. Of course I did! So through many messages back and forth we set up a day. jason kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to do it and he would understand if I would be embarrassed to be seen with an overweight guy. That amde me want to do it more. Why would I ever be embarrassed of someone who is working so hard and has such amazing goals set for themselves?

Jason is such a great person! He is probably one of the kindest people I have ever met. He is always talking about all the people that are an inspiration to him. Well, I want him and all of you to know what an inspiration he is to me! I think it is so awesome that despite a lot of negative commetns and even losing some friends because of his new goals, he keeps working hard and never gives up.

What a loss it would ahve been for me if I wouldn't have gone that day. Jason kept telling me what an honor it was for him to ahve me there. Well jason, what an honor it was for me!!!!

E

erikashingary@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment