Friday, July 27, 2012

Don't Talk About It- Be It by Jaime Filer


"Don't talk about it - Be about it"

I don't remember the first time I heard this phrase, must've been a couple of years ago, but I remember the first time I actually let it sink in. This morning. I was replying to my update for my coach, where I explained that although I was away in New York for 4 days, I stayed on my diet perfectly. However, I slacked on my cardio because I assumed that all the walking we did would take care of it. I let that part slide. And as a result, my weight didn't change. He said it was OK because I was still down 5lbs for the month, but it wasn't OK with me.

"Don't talk about it, be about it." I've spent the last couple of years of my professional career writing about the sport. Not just as a journalist and author, but as a competitor. I've started countless online journals and blogs where I've said "No really! I'm doing it this time!", only to give up somewhere along the way. Well this time around, I know I'm really doing it. I'm 13 weeks into my diet, and down about 15lbs. I'm posing, training and dieting.

The difference is my effort. What should've been a 20-23lb weight loss is only 15lb. I have been strict and diligent, but not nearly as on-point as I could've been. I go through the motions, but I cheat. Sure, I can't stop myself from eating in the middle of the night, but there are so many things I can control while I'm awake that I don't. Being serious about my cardio while on vacation, for example. Or making sure I'm 99% on with my macros instead of just trying to keep my calories where they're supposed to be.
These little things make a difference emotionally.

So I told my coach, and I'm telling you now, I'm going to step up my game. I'm making progress, and feeling good now, but I could be making MORE progress and feeling BETTER.

BRING IT ON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment