Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wanda Moore Interview

This is my interview with Wanda Moore. Please be sure to visit her website www.lildoll.com. Wanda is a beautiful female bodybuilder. She is an amazing and inspiring woman, and I am so honored she took the time to do this.


Q: Wanda, thank you so much for doing this. As you know I am a huge fan.
A: I Know :)

Q: Let's start out with a little info about yourself. Family, whee you are from,, things like that.
A: I'm a single mother of four. Ages range from 28-23. Iw as born in Memphis and currently living in Southhaven MS., but as of Dec.28th I am moving to Cincinnati Ohio.

Q: So how long have you been bodybuilding and what got you stareted to being with?
A: I first started in 1989. I wanted to do it since I was 14. I grew up with a brother and his friends who worked out. Pumping Iron the book with Arnold was at the house and I thought having muscle was the sexiest thing I had ever seen and I wanted it. In 1993 I had a shoulder injury that sopped my bodybuilding, but in 2006 I started again and I ahven't looked back.

Q: Was bodybuilding something your family and friends supported when you started and how do they feel now?
A: No one supported me other than my trainer. My children at the time were very young and jsut knew their mother was different from the other mothers. Now the kids think it's great and are very proud of me.

Q: Alot of times when a beautiful woman starts training, she isn't always taken serously at the gym. Did you feel accepted right away or feel you ahd to prove yourself.
A: I was overweight. My trainer and four other women who ahd been competing for awhile, thought I was a joke. I was weak and screamed alot. I just kept working to prove myself.

Q: Can you sahre your contest history?
A: Recent history, 2006 1st and overall Southern Classic, 2007 ist place MW Jr Nationals. Due to injury I didn't compete in 2008, and in 2009 I did the USA's and they lsot my entry from so not worth talking about.

Q: What do you feel is your best bodypart, or the part you get the most compliments on?
A: My Legs

Q: Do you ahve a part you most like to train?
A: Shoulders and back

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like for off season and for contest prep?
A: I workout six days a week, one body part a day. Pre contest it's all supersets. I try to eat clean most of the time. Precontest, let's just says it's ugly and lot's of carb depleting.

Q: Any lack of gym etitquette that really bothers you?
A: As a personal trainer, leaving weights on the machines pisses me off.

Q: I am always very critical of the judging in female bodybuilding. Do you think it is ok or that there should be some changes?
A: Honestly, I think they are trying to keep us looking like women in the face, meaning be carefull of the drugs you are doing. I'm all for that. I didn't start this to look like a man. I want to be as big as my frame will allow, but look like a woman.

Q: Do you have any favorites or anyone you admire in the sport?
A: Debi Laszewski and Heathr Armbrust

Q: When people see your physique for the first time, what is the most common response. Is it more postive or negative.
A: I get both. I just smile and make eyes contact and say "Hi ya'll"

Q: When People see it for the first time, what is the one question you are sick of hearing?
A: How much do you bench?

Q: Are there any big misconceptions about female bodybuilders?
A: That we are all lesbian's

Q: One thing about you is that you seem to ahve such a great appreciations for your fans. Why are fans so important?
A: Female bodybuilder's have the most loyal fan base. They love us and appreciate the hard work it takes to look like this. Getting emails from them really brightens my day.

Q: What is your elast favorite part of the sport?
A: Dieting

Q: I think you are an inspiration to female bodybuilders in that you obviously have such pride in your physique and are not afraid to show it. What does it mean for someone to call you an inspiration?
A: GIves me chills and makes me smile. I want to show women they can be strong physically and mentally.

Q: You also do alot of photos shoots. What about that do you enjoy?
A: what's not to enjoy.....LOL. I get to feel sexy and desired, it's fun.

Q: Why do you think men seem to get so much more credit in the sport?
A: It's a man's world.

Q: Someone says to you "women should not be that muscular". How do you respond?
A: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Q: If someone came up to you and said they wanted to start bodybuilding, what is the one piece of adcie you would want to give them?
A: It's alot of work and sacrafice, but worth it if it's truly your goal.

Q: You ahve a very loyal fan base. Why do you think so many fans are so loyal to you?
A: Because I'm never rude to them. I'm very approachable.

Q: If someone said to you that you could only watch the moives of two actors, watch two tv shows, and listen to two musicians for one year, who would you pick?
A: Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Chelsea Lately and The Office, Theory Of A Deadman, and Nickleback.

Q: Describe Wanda Moore in five words.
A: One word--- Determined

Q: Now you ahve your website www.lildoll.com of course. Can you tell people what they will find there and all the different things it offers.
A: You'll find me naked and working out. Pleasing myself and pleasing other FBB's. I have a blog that is avaialble for non members, and I do a weekly chat for my members and generally anything goes.

Q: You also do things on other websites. Can you give those out and what they can find there.
A: www.amg-lite.com, www.bodybuildersinheat.net, www.massmuscle.com, www.muscleelegance.com, www.worldsclassmuscle.com, and www.shemuscle.com. CHeck them out, they are great sites.

Q: Anything else you want to promote?
A: Yes, everyone get off their butts and exercise.

Q: Do you plan to compete still and if so, any idea where. ALso if you do, obviously sponsorship is important. Now can potential sponsors contact you.
A: My plan for 2010 is to go to the Master's national in Pittsburgh, and if I don't get my pro card, keep going till I do. You can reach me by email at Wanda@wandamoore.com. I could use all the help someone is willing to give.

Q: Wanda, I thank you for doing this. It is an honor. It isn't every day someone gets to interview one of the most beautiful women in the sport. ANything you want to add before you go.
A: First, Wow, you've made me blush. I jsut want to say thank you to you, and everyone that supports me, by being a member of my site, buying my DVD'sm and care enough to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment