Monday, July 5, 2010

Sheila Benditz Contest Prep Journal

July 4, 2010

I am now less than 1 week out to my first show this season, the Branch Warren Classic, just outside of Houston, Texas. And I am starting to get excited. Although my goal is the Masters Nationals, I still want to make sure I do well this week. Just got a menu change, this past week, and I am hoping to enjoy better than my last diet. I did get a cheat meal yesterday, hamburger and fries!! It's what I have been craving and I think I inhaled it!! And it sure was good!

I really have seen some changes going on the last few weeks, as my workouts are really helping. I am really concentrating on a few areas, and I am excited by the progress that I have seen, especially in my glutes and my tie-ins. And me, having smaller quads than most, I have seen an increase in size!! I really need to thank Tina Chandler for this, as she is the one training me, and working my legs to get them to where they need to be. It really is making me excited for my possibilities for next season.

I just had my last leg workout on Saturday, and will be doing my normal Sunday sprints and bleachers. I am looking forward to a few light workouts on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, then I am resting for the show. Besides the light workouts this week will be all about practicing my posing and my routines. Luckily my clients understand what I am going through, but with a light workout schedule, it allows me to take care of them as well. I know that this will be a busy week, as I prepare, practice, and really work on my diet. I feel confident in how I am going to look, as I am currently 3.3% bodyfat and I usually lose about 1%/week when I am working hard, so that lets me know where I will be this Saturday! Knowing that I may not have the size I need, I will have to make sure I come in lean and prepared. And this is usualyl my strength, so I am looking forward to how I look this weekend.

I will give you an update next week, after the show!

I hope everyone had a Safe & Happy 4th of July weekend!!

XOXO

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment