Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lacey Lynn Interview








Competitor, Fitness model, personal trainer, Lacey Lynn does it all, and is great at all those things. She has been competing in Bikini but is moving to Figure. Bikini's loss is Figure's gain. She has done very well in Bikini, and there is no doubt she will be equally if not more successful in Figure. Lacey seems at home in front of a camera as well. Very rarely will you see someone so photogenic as Lacey is. Lacey is making a name for herself, a name you will be hearing more and more about.




Q: Lacey, first I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: Hi my name is Lacey Lynn I was born and raised in a small town Called Payson in the great state of Utah . I was raised by my mother who was a single parent she raised my brother and sister and I .. I get my focus and ambitions from her she was an amazing inspiration to me.

Q: Before the gym, were you an especially athletic person?
A: Growing up I played soccer starting at about 8 years old . I also got into Track and cross country running. I loved sports all through my younger age but didn't find my true passion for weight lifting till I was about 14.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: In school I was able to take a weight lifting class. It mostly was mostly for the boys but I was one of the few girls in the class. I enjoyed it very much. I graduated at 16 and got a gym membership soon after . I couldn't stay away. It was my escape and my number one passion.

Q: Did you pick up weight training fairly easy?
A: I picked it up fairly easy. Watching other people in the free weight section watching form and learning new lifting methods to expand on what I had learned in class.

Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A: I started having the interest in competing when I started working out at the gym. Several women at my gym competed and I decided it was what I wanted to do as well ... I admired the hard work and the lean muscular look.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported?
A: Its an up and down support system I have I know my mom worries about my competing because the bf percentage you have to drop down to isn't always healthy. But my family and friends see my dedication and have supported me for the most part. It is really time consuming and can take me away from spending time with my family and friends Its a tough sport any one who competes I'm sure can relate

Q: Was competing what you expected or were there any surprises?
A: Definitely the thing that surprised me most was how its feels to put your body through the intense diet and training. People can tell you what its like but you have to see for yourself.

Q: You have been doing Bikini but the plan is to do Figure correct?
A: I have competed for a year now I started in bikini but realized I was built more for figure although I have done decent at bikini I know my pro dreams are in figure. I just started and am working towards getting my pro card I'm five weeks out from my next show.

Q: Do you feel Bikini competitors are becoming more accepted by other competitors?
A: I think that bikini division has become more excepted with time. I think it opens up alot of doors for women just starting it allows them to get the experience and from there they can decide if they want to stick to bikini or jump up to figure like I did. I have trained many girls for the bikini division and I'm very proud of them ....

Q: What would you say is your best body part?
A: I would say my legs are my best feature. I don't have to work them as hard as alot of people It was a genetic gift :-)

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train or favorite exercise?
A: Stairmill is my favorite workout. We have a love hat relationship lol ... It has shaped my glutes to where I am very happy with the results.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like?
A: I train 6 days a week alternating from isolation training to circuit training ... I also do cardio 5 days a week ... My diet is clean year around however I do lower carbs and up my cardio when I'm training for competition ....

Q: When people see or hear you compete for the first time, what is the typical response?
A: People are usually surprised that I'm new to competing this year. I'm young and my muscles are mature for my age ... more positive reactions women especially they respect your hard work and are curious ... I spend alot of time answering the same questions however I don't mind. I love this industry and want to help any one in any way I can.

Q: What is the biggest misconception bout women who train and compete?
A: Biggest misconception is how long it takes to look a certain way to get on stage. Most people do know it takes years and years of consistent training and no special diet pill will make you look like a figure competitor ....

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: Best part of competing is having a goal in mind that focus and end result makes it worth it ... Worst part is sometimes it can take over your life. You eat sleep and breath this sport ..

Q: Are there any competitors you admire or are a fan of?
A: I admire all the women that compete as well as bodybuilders cause I know what it takes ...

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Favorite cheat food Pizza for sure

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what advice would you give her?
A: Best advice stay consistent nothing happens over night ... I think people want quick results and when they don't see them they give up. Also no matter your age its never to late to get in better shape. Last thing is alot of people use the excuse they don't have time yet they will watch t.v ... Take that time to improve your health and fitness. You only live one life.

Q; You are also a personal trainer. What do you enjoy about it and how can a potential client contact you?
A: I Mostly enjoy watching people transform and the confidence It gives them. Anyone can contact me through my email LaceyLynn24@gmail.com for training

Q: You are also a fitness model. What got you started in that and what do you enjoy about it?
A: Honestly I really just fell into modeling and I happened to be OK at it :-) I love the traveling the most and the amazing people I have met. Seeing myself in magazines is surreal :-)

Q: Do you enjoy being on stage or in front of the camera more?
A: I would say being in front of the camera I'm way less nervous.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I enjoy traveling and this industry has allowed e to do alot of it ... I also am a summer girl anything outdoors I like to say I'm solar powered ...

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Lacey Lynn.
A: Typical day ... I wake up early about 4:30-5 am I check my emails and my sites answer questions and drink my coffee and prepare my meals... I head to my gym were I train then train myself. After that I run my errands and Head back to train the rest of my clients. Sometimes I will get a late session of cardio then head to bed ... I'm a morning person so I go to bed early like about nine pm

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I think people would be surprised to know I'm a total goof ball ... Although I take my fitness serious I joke around alot. I love to make people laugh sometimes at my expense

Q: Describe Lacey Lynn in five words.
A: Positive, Driven, Focused, Playful, Firecracker

Q: Any set plans for the near future?
A: I plan to one day get my pro card and hopefully keep crossing my goals off my list. I also hope to one day be a mother while continuing my fitness career

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: I would like to thank my sponsor Panthera Labs .. Amazing products and even a more amazing team .. They are like family to me I would never promote something or someone I don't believe in

Q: Lacey, thanks again for taking the time. Any last words before you go?
A: Last words “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.' Dedication transforms dreams into reality '

No comments:

Post a Comment