Sunday, July 11, 2010

Danielle Delikat Jr. Nationals Interview







It is her first year on the National sage, but she is going to have many years on the National stage. In fact I believe she will have many years on the Pro stage. I am talking about Danielle Delikat. Danielle just did Jr. nationals, and looking at pictures you can see how incredible she looked. She is one of the women I heard a great deal of compliments on as far as how improved and good she looked. I am real happy she agreed to an interview. She is one who I really had never communicated with before asking her, and always worry I will be turned down, but Danielle is one I really wanted because I see a huge and bright future for her. So her is Danielle's interview about Jr. Nationals.




Q: Danielle, thanks for taking the time out to do this interview.

Q: For those who may not be familiar can you tell a little about yourself.
A: I have a background in gymnastics. I took a weight lifting class in high school for two semesters. I was the only girl in the class with all the football players. I just recently got into lifting again July 2008. I met my boyfriend and he introduced me to the world of the NPC and FITNESS competitions. He showed me videos of the fitness girls at the 2009 Arnold and I fell in love with it!! Here I am!

Q: First I must say congrats on the Jr. Nationals. I thought you looked incredible.
A: Thanks!

Q: As a show itself what did you think of it?
A: The show was ran well, this event is known for this too.

Q: I saw one person say the power outage them off. Did it have any effect on you?
A: The staff and show personnel worked very diligently with the city and did an great job with keeping both the competitors and attendees informed as to what was going on and If you think about it they did everything they could to keep the situation under control. We were very fortunate that it was only a 2 1/2 hour black out. It could have been MUCH worse! Of course it had an effect on all of the competitors. It is those who overcome and do what they came to do who reach their goals. I think if turning the lights out for a couple hours was an excuse for throwing off your game....then maybe there is a serious flaw in your game!! lol

Q: After pre-judging how were you feeling about your chances?
A: Of course I hoped to be Top 5, but I really had a blast competing and meeting all the other girls that I didn't have any expectations. It is my first year on the National stage.

Q: How did you feel about the overall package your brought to the stage?
A: I think I looked my best yet.

Q: What part of your physique would you say was the one you have improved the most?
A: I have reshaped my lower body. I brought my shoulders up a little bit from last year. I didn't have alot of time to put on muscle so I concentrated on shaping and presenting what I have better.

Q: Was there one aspect of your physique you thought could have been better or you wan to improve on?
A: I am still working on bring my shoulders up more and my V taper.

Q: Did your prep go as smoothly as hoped for?
A: I don't think anyones prep goes EXACTLY how they plan. I got better results when I listened to my body...instead of the trainer who wasn't listening to me...but I won't go into that.

Q: Is there a point in the prep process where you say "O.K. I am ready"?
A: Yea for a second, then I think what more can I do to fine tune where I am? You just try to time it all just right, to peak the day of the show.

Q: Anything about the prep process that you can say you want to do different next time?
A: I started my prep diet about 5 weeks too early. I started at 15 weeks out and I peaked at about 4-5 weeks early and had to try to hang on to as much muscle as possible. I really got skinny fast and had 3 cheat meals a week.

Q: After a show like that, are you mentally drained at all?
A: No I was mentally/emotionally drained the last 3 weeks before the show. Afterwards....I was refreshed!

Q: The week before a show like that, what were you thinking about? Nervous or excited, or what?
A: I was more excited than nervous! I don't get nervous until I am walking up those little stairs onto the stage to do my routine!

Q: How about those last 5 minutes before you hit the stage, what were you thinking about?
A: Just do it....in 2 minutes it will all be over! lol

Q: When you are on stage did you try and read the judges reactions at all or just focus on what you are doing?
A: I am not thinking about the judges reactions. I am thinking about every body part and what it needs to be doing at that very moment and waiting for my number to be called. (squeeze my butt, relax my fingers)

Q: Whats the first thing you ate once it was over?
A: A salad, a juicy burger and a million cookies!!!!

Q: Was there any other competitors you noticed who really impressed you?
A: They all impress me! These are the best of the best! I am honored to be a part of it all! It is such an awesome feeling being around all the great competitors who are passionate about and have been through all the same ups and downs...and the competition is the showcase of all of our blood sweat and tears! Bottom line is ANY one of us could take the cake and the pro card. We all have what it takes mentally/physically. Its up to the judges point of view and who they decide to choose. Everyone up there looks great!

Q: Anyone you got to meet or see for the first time that you were excited about?
A: Not really.

Q: How important is support from family and friends at a show like this?
A: VERY Important! My family came to see me! It meant the world to me. They have never seen me compete until now.

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: Not yet. I would like to do both Jr Nationals and Team Universe 2011. I will not know for sure until March next year. It all depends on whether I have the money to attend or not.

Q: Anyone you want to thank for helping you in the process?
A: Jeff (Binns) for telling me I could do it! AND more importantly "those" who told me I couldn't because...I DID! hahaha

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: Muscular Development Magazine....SiouxCountry.com...Save Fitness!....Quaker Oatmeal (yum)

Q: Danielle again congrats. I thought you looked great and was very impressed. Any last words before you go?
A: There is no "End" ..so enjoy the journey! Its what you learn and the memories you create with others that make it all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment