Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tiffany Hunt Interview


Sometimes it helps when one competitor can send me to another. That was the case with Tiffany Hunt. She was suggested to me and I saw a beautiful woman with a great physique and immediately wanted to interview her. Admittedly I didn't really know much about her, but within a couple short facebook messages and this interview I am a Tiffany Hunt fan. It is hard not to be and after reading this, you will be one to.




Q: First, Tiffany, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: Of course,so nice to meet you. It is a pleasure to do this.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: Sure, I currently live in and am originally from Texas. I have also lived in California, Seattle and Florida. I enjoyed living in other places and experiencing so many different things,but I was also glad to come back home. I am married to a very supportive husband and have an amazing daughter who will be graduating from high school next year. Time flies by too quickly and we definitely won't want to let her go.

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: I never played sports,but took ballet for several years. One of my greatest memories was performing in the Nutcracker and having my family in the audience to support me. To this day, I love watching the amazing grace and strength of ballet dancers. I plan to take lessons again, because I love it so much. And it's also a great workout!

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: My passion for the gym began when I started teaching aerobics and was able to help others. To me, the greatest feeling is helping others to believe in themselves.

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: I don't know if I would say "easy," but it was definitely something that I had an immediate passion for. Once I started training AND eating correctly, I started to see the progress that I was shooting for.

Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A: To be quite honest, the subject was brought up in a conversation at a local supplement shop. After discussing it and thinking it over, I knew I had to. I really wanted the challenge and felt that if I could do this, I could do anything!

Q: Is competing something your family and friends supported?
A: I would say the majority do, but not everyone. Unfortunately, many people wrongly judge this sport.


Q: Was competing what you expected or did anything surprise you about it?
A: Well, I expected it to be pretty intense and challenging, but the biggest surprise was what it gave to me on the inside. The personal satisfaction of setting and reaching that goal was priceless!

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: I would say my calves are my strongest body part.

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train?
A: My favorite parts to train are shoulders and back. Ironically, those are also the parts that I need to really "grow" the most.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: I typically train 5 days a week and have minimal cardio. The majority of my nutrition comes from a lean protein source, complex carbohydrates, and a healthy fat. I also allow myself the occasional cheat meal, yummm! For prep time, I reduce my carbs and increase my cardio, while lifting heavy.

Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Hmmm... I'd say mostly positive. Often, there are a lot of questions, which I enjoy, but there are always those who only wish to find the negative. If someone wants to find the negative in something, that's usually what they will find. I take any negative with a grain of salt, however, it doesn't bother me.

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: I get tired of hearing that I must live at they gym or that competitors are very self absorbed. Both are SO false. I'm sure there are some big ego's/self absorbed athletes in this sport, but don't judge a book by it's cover. Taking care of your body and challenging yourself doesn't make a person self absorbed. And "living at the gym" would be counterproductive to my goals.


Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: I wish people understood that women who lift heavy, will not look bulky or "manly." If the woman is not taking any "enhancers," it is impossible for a her to look anything like a man, no matter how heavy she lifts.

Q: What is the best and worst part of training for you?
A: My best training day is one where I have been able to increase my previous personal best lifting weights. My worst day is probably when I wasn't able to lift heavy enough :)

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: I admire every lady that steps on the stage, because I know the commitment it takes! But, I often close my eyes and try to channel Ava Cowen :)

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Nachoooooooooos!

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: I would advise her to educate herself, as much as possible, on her specific goal. I would also advise her to train hard, feed herself well and to 110% GO FOR IT!


Q: Do you think it is becoming more accepted by society to see women training as hard as men in the gym?
A: Yes, I do. There are so many amazing female competitors out there, and women are educating themselves more and more in the area of health and fitness.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: To me, spending quality family time is the best thing ever! We love to go hiking, going to the lake, the movies and playing games. Any activity we can do together is perfect!

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Tiffany Hunt.
A: Well, first we get the "kiddo" off to school and then depending on my schedule, I head to the gym to train or I'm off to work. There is always something that needs to be done. Also, I am also slowly studying for my PT certification. My favorite time of day is the evening, once dinner is finished and we can all unwind together at home.

Q: Describe Tiffany Hunt in five words.
A: Loyal, Honest, Motivated, Compassionate, Mom

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: One thing that people may not know about me and my level of determination is in regards to my first show. I went into that show with no expectations, other than the goal of reaching the stage. I was pleasantly surprised to win my class, which fueled my fire and passion to continue on in this sport. That show helped me realize that I belonged competing as a figure athlete and that the future looks very bright ahead of me,no matter where my path may lead.

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: Yes, I am currently training to compete in one or two shows this summer

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you and what are they getting in Tiffany Hunt the athlete and competitor?
A: Being sponsored would be AWESOME! I would definitely make any sponsor proud with my extreme dedication and passion for training, nutrition and competing. I would also promote the heck out of their product!


Q: Tiffany, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
A: Thank you for this opportunity, it was great! And before I go, I would like to remind everyone, "If you believe, you can achieve!"

1 comment: