Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sarah Bell Interview


I was asked by an fan page administrator Sheena Hunter to look into Sarah Bell. She had such nice things to say about her, and said she was getting ready to compete in Bikini for the first time. So I checked Sarah out, and found a beautiful woman with a great physique. Sarah will be competing in February and with the right attitude has all the potential in the world to make this the beginning of a promising competition career. SO here is wishing Sarah all the success she can achieve.






Q: First, Sarah, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: And I want to “your welcome” you

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: Oh wow, this question so soon! Well...*deep breath* My mother is Korean and my dad is a white guy from Ohio. I grew up as an Army brat so I have lived and traveled all over the world. I spent most of my childhood on a tiny little dust bunny of an air force base in England called RAF Menwith Hill. After I graduated I moved to Maine, and I don't know how relevant this is but one of the first things I remember is never having experienced that which is “wall-mart” and thinking it was probably one of the coolest places I had ever been too. I know...but you have to understand where I was coming from; Being able to shop for every necessity in life, under one roof AND it's open past 5pm? Un-freakin-real!!! lol anyway enough with that, next question...

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: Oh-em-gee, would you believe I was the dumpy kid that was always one lap slower than everyone else and always picked last for anything that required physical movement? People are always flabbergasted when I tell them I was never(and still am not!) good at sports. To this day I can't even swim....wow...I feel like I'm doing a great job at inspiring your confidence in me so far!

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: Initially I think I just wanted to “tone up,” you know, by teetering around on the treadmill for 20 minutes, cause that makes people toned...that IS what makes people toned right? Cause I can't touch weights, I might accidentally end up looking like He-man, cause being jacked and shredded like lady bodybuilders was obviously accidental and had nothing to do with agonizing, iron discipline and impeccable dieting...

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: I am sooo not into myself but I have to admit, I am pretty awesome (kinesthetically speaking) at mimicking and picking up movement, so form during training came very naturally. Ok...little secret...I actually had my first “weight lifting experience” in a BODY PUMP class! Wtf, I know. But seriously I can't knock it, I loved it! I'm so all about that crazy, happy techno crap, and being a rookie, it was a great way to be introduced to the basics, and because I was doing absolutely nothing I DID see changes, and the changes whet my appetite, and my appetite fueled my fire to strive to be better and I did, and now here I am!


Q: You recently decided to compete. What led to that decision?
A: It's been something I've wanted to do for the past few years, but anyone can fart around and come up with excuse after excuse for why they can't or haven't done something and that's what I did. One day I was sitting around being fat and gross and feeling like disgusting lagoon creature, finally something snapped and I thought to myself “EFF THIS!!!!! I AM NOT GOING TO BE DISGUSTING ANYMOREEEEE!!!!” So I facebooked my uber jacked friend Sheena Hunter, (she is one knowledgeable and sexy lady!) and I asked her to please help me not be a revolting mess! Now here I am, slightly less nauseating. lol.

Q: Is competing something your family and friends supportive of?
A: Well I think my family has no idea what I'm even doing, lol. I feel so fortunate because although I know they don't really understand what the sport is and my mom has visions of my coming to visit one day a foot taller, 50 pounds more muscle and looking like "Helga" She is so cute (keep in mind she's a little straight from Korea, 4ft tall Asian lady!) The other day she goes "Oh I so happy you come visit soon, what you want eat? I make chicken? Not fry chicken, it bad for you diet!" lol oh mom...yes more chicken in my life, it's what I need.
I'm also lucky enough that the people I spend most of my time with compete. When you're up hovering over a food scale, pinching off the ends of a banana until it weighs exactly 4oz at 4:30am, or bringing your own zip lock baggy, of premeasured, home cooked chicken breast to a restaurant in order to effectively bypass any hidden fats or sodium, It's so much easier to assure yourself of your sanity, or at least be ok with your temporary insanity when you're surrounded by people who are just as effing crazy as you!

Q: What show have you decided to do and why did you pick it?
A: The NPC Northern Kentucky Show on February 26th, It was the first show of the year within traveling distance of Georgia, which is where “I be chillin” for now.

Q: Is this a compete just to see what its like or do you plan to compete often?
A: My new years resolution is to get a pro card by the end of the year! So I guess I will have to compete a few times *sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* lol

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: Well it better be my boobs cause I sure as hell paid enough for them! Lol jk jk, but for serious, hmm I like my abs but boys like my butt...does that even count? I mean boys are gross so I dunno...I'm gong to stick with my abs...

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train?
A: I would have to say probably back.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like?
A: Training:
I am proud to say that I think I may be 1 of like 2% of the bikini world that throws down with some serious freakin weights! My training has really been focused on different variations of "the big 3," Squats, deadlifts, and bench. And who thought bikini girls weren't badass!
Diet
chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken lol


Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Always positive! *giggle, flip hair* But seriously people are always so supportive, it really makes me feel like an inspiration, and of course it always feels good to be praised for your hard work! It really helps me know I'm on the right track!

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: The better question is what am I NEVER sick of hearing? My favorite: "WTFFFFFFFFF what the hell have you been doing? You're looking freakin jacked and shredded!!!!!" Yessss, tell me more...lol
or:
“Wow, I wouldn't want to get in a fight with you!” lol damn right you wouldn't! I'll beat you up! :P

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: I think a lot of people, especially in the bikini division think that we're all just a bunch of drunk college girls that rolled out of bed one day and decided to do a bikini contest at the bar down the street. They don't realize that it's damn hard work! No one knows how much time and blood and sweat and tears you put into being ready for that stage, it's not just some froo froo bull crap "bikini show" it's something you train and diet and work sooooo hard for.

Q: What is the best and worst part of training for you?
A: Well, so far so good, I love the gym! The problem is I love too much! cause I also luuuuv me some nasty food! At the end of the day I too am human (curses!!!) and sometimes I have moments of weakness in the face of my kryptonite, aka: cookies.
Another hard part the whole mind raping that competition prep does to you, I'm sure we all have times during prep where we're convinced that there's no way you'll be ready, or your not progressing fast enough, or nothings changing, or you'll be the fatty on stage!!!! Need I go on?

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: I am a really big fan of the girls who rock the more "alternative" look, I think Vanessa Campbell is beautiful, she brings a different, sexy, look and on top of that she's a jacked little thing!. Prom girl, beauty pageant queen? Come on so old news and so boring! I saw a picture of 3 competitors the other day, and the only way I could tell they were different people was by their suit colors! Way to stand out and be memorable! I also love all the ladies that really bring the sexy muscles! It makes me really feel pride for my sport when women show how sexy looking strong can be. Just cause you're bikini doesn't mean you can't rock some badass delt caps!

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Anything containing trace amounts of sugar and is not nailed to the floor.


Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: DO IT, pull your head out of your ass, stop feeling sorry for yourself and freakin do it!
The best thing I did was hire a knowledgeable trainer, (Thank you Sheena!) She has basically held my hand through the whole process, it really bolsters your confidence to know that you have someone with answers to turn to when in doubt about anything during your first prep. It's like hiring someone who's ears won't bleed when all you want to talk about for 12 weeks is your diet and how many carbs you've had and how well you're leaning out (or not!) You have someone to help with suit selection, talk about show day hair and makeup, to work on posing with, knows how to protan, and most importantly, someone who will be grounded with sense when you are in the last weeks of your prep, acting a senile mess, convincing yourself you can survive off 300 calories and 6+ hours of cardio just to be stage ready....That is when you're trainer will punch you in the face and save you from yourself! lol

Q: Do you think it is becoming more common to see women in the gym training as hard as men?
A: Way more common! There was a moment at the gym where I noticed me and 2 other women were taking over the "man" dumbbell area and I said "YES! I love that us sexy ladies are basically dominating the weights right now!" I love that! I'm so impressed when I see women breaking away from the fuzzy pink dumbbell's and running with the boys!

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: *straight face* No

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Sarah Bell.
A: gym, tan, laundry,school,repeat minus laundry

Q: Describe Sarah Bell in five words.
A: Quirky, witty, little badass chick.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: Ok weird little thing...one of my top favorite feelings in the world is rubbing handfuls or puppies on my face...I know...but I swear it's such a satisfying feeling! I think it must be a combination of feeling happy (helloooo, puppies = happiness and smiles!)and then they're just so darn soft and adorable!...lol yeah I'll stop trying to explain that one...

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: Well First the Northern Kentucky show, then I plan on competing in the Emerald Cup, The Alaska State show, and hopefully JR Nationals in Chicago! *crosses fingers*

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: I'd love to put in a special word for the gym I train at, North Georgia Barbell! It's been nominated for the top powerlifting gym in 2010
make sure you vote! http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/17513

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you and what are they getting in Sarah Bell the athlete and competitor?
A: Of course! Any sponsorship would be a Godsend my super formal contact email is as follows:
sarahthejiggleyhuff@hotmail.comOr like Oh-em-gee, totally add me on the facebook lol
type in Sarah Bell and spend hours searching amongst the waves of "Sarah Bells" or copy paste this link and hope it works!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=511303845&v=infoAlso for photographers interested in collaborating my MM# is 356460


Q: Sarah , again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
A: Just a quick little thank you for having me! Hope you guys weren't too bored! haha

2 comments: