Tuesday, February 12, 2013
20 Random Questions with Gina Begley
Photo Credit: Kellye Nicole
1. Best fight you ever saw?
A: Hmm... The opening fight in Enter the Dragon. Bruce Lee exchanges and then armbars the opponent. It was the first time I realized I was watching MMA in a movie before MMA really existed.
2. You are making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Do you use crunchy or creamy peanut butter and what flavor of jelly?
A: Extra crunchy pb no jelly. Jelly is for biscuits and in that case, its strawberry or blackberry preserves.
3. What is the best isle of the grocery store?
A: The checkout aisle with all of the impulse buys like lip chap, snack pack oreos, sour punch straws, and king size candy bars.
4. What would be the title of the movie of your life and who would play you?
A: The Rise of a Champion. A straight to lifetime movie about the mother of super star MMA athlete Christopher Begley (my son). Look for it in about 15 years. I'll be played by myself since I'll not have aged at all.
5. Play matchmaker, what fight would you most want to see?
A: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva.
I would like to see Chael Sonnen in a verbal confrontation with almost anyone. He rocks.
6. What is the best board game ever?
A: Candy Land
7. What reality show would you most want to be on?
A: The Bad Girls Club.
8. What movie would you want to see re-made?
A: I'd say The Princess Bride but I'm afraid it would be ruined. So I don't know if I would risk it. Maybe if they could just update the effects.
9. What is your favorite non combat sport?
A: Gymnastics are always cool. I like track and field. More recent type competitions that may not be classified as sport but the people are awesome athletes are the crossfit games. I also like watching the strong man contests.
10. What pro athlete do you think would be good at MMA?
A: Cant think of an athlete per say but I'd be interested in seeing some hockey player crossovers. Maybe someone from rugby or a rough sport.
11. If they made a horror movie with fighters, who would play the psycho killer, the nice guy who tries to stop him but always makes mistakes and the heroine/hero who finally defeats the killer?
A: Psycho Manny Pacquiao.. He just looks like he would play an excellent bad guy. I dunno. Plus he is small so it would be all super human crazy
Nice Guy Junior Dos Santos.. Cause doesn't he just seem like he would be a super nice guy anyhow.
Hero would be Anderson Silva, because he does seem invincible as of late.
12. What singer, song, t.v. show or movie are you embarrassed to admit you like?
A: None.. I completely comfortable with myself and what I like. Maybe, I wouldn't openly admit I like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo in certain circles. But that's only so I don't have to defend my choices ;)
13. Tupac, Elvis, or Michael Jackson, which one is most likely really alive?
A: I have no idea. It puzzles me why musicians are the people to fake their deaths.
14. Why is Robin from Batman and Robin considered a super hero when he has no super talent?
A: OMG... Robin grew up in the circus and was a excellent circus acrobat performer, that is definitely a talent. He also mastered several martial arts, it would be difficult to master one! He also at times filled in for Batman when he was busy so his ability to pick up the boss mans slack makes him super talented. Really what talents did Batman have other than also mastering multiple martial arts, being intelligent, tough, and most importantly rich. Sort of like Ironman. So really, I think Robin possessed a supreme amount of talent with his circus acrobat training, those people are unbelievably amazing if you've ever seen a good circus.
I LOVE Batman btw.
15. What is the funniest word in the English dictionary?
A: Ain't.. It isn't a word, but I'll still use it.
16. Have you ever played a full game of Monopoly?
A: Of course. I grew up in southeastern Kentucky on a farm. That's what you do on snow days!
17. What sport is the most boring to watch?
A: Golf, Curling, Baseball. Any sport that uses a stick but there is zero probability that they will whack each other with them.
18. What is your biggest fear?
A: Being stranded. Getting tired in a fight. Diets
19. What fighter would be the coolest to spend a day training with?
A: Fighters aren't always the best training partners or teachers. If I could choose a person in martial arts to spend a day training with and learning from it would be Dan Inasanto.
20. Why are the Kardashian's famous?
A: I have no idea. I'm not sure how anyone relates to them and their "problems" they struggle with on the shows they create. The are very out of touch with what I would consider the average persons reality. I don't find their lives exciting or entertaining, they don't have valuable opinions or morals.. so I dunno besides being pretty models and hooking up with people who are actually famous for doing something.