Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lindsey's in DA House

What's up fellow blog readers.
My name is Lindsey and this is my first column. But before I start I want to thank Jason for giving me the opportunity to write this column. That being said, lets get started. Like I said, my name is Lindsey. I am 23 years old and a recent college graduate. I am a college basketball player turned Figure competitor. I have done two shows and right now, I am getting ready to compete again in July, so right now I am trying to add a little bit of SIZE. YES, I know radical thought for a WOMAN trying to add size. But I am attempting to do it with as clean a diet as possible.

I am not like some of those bodybuilders as well as Figure competitors that go off the deep end. And when I say DEEP END, I mean adding a ton of extra body fat in the off-season and use the excuse I AM BULKING SO IT IS ALIRGHT. NO WAY JOSE. That does not fly with me. i still like to look at my stomach in the mirror and SEE A SIX-PACK. I mean, you work your ass off dieting and training, why would you want to just add a ton of unnecessary body fat. Don't get me wrong, I know when you are trying to add muscle some of it is going to be fat, that is just FACT. But you can help minimize fat gains by doing some things. Like........ what I do, which is.........
* Maintaining a clean diet- So my diet does not consist of McDonalds Big macs like a lot of Americans.
* Do some form of cardio- And when I do cardio, I am not able to text or read a newspaper like a lot of the people I see at the gym. It still baffles me how people are able to text or talk on the phone while doing the stari master. If I tried to do that I would definitely fall on my ass. But more power to some of my competitors (who shall remain namesless) who can do a good cardio session and text at the same time.

SO that is where I am with my training. I am out, next time I will tell you about my first show experience. So for all you first time competitors, stay tuned.

Ayo Ayo Ayo Ladies and Gentleman. Keep training hard and your eye on the PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment