Friday, December 11, 2009

Elise Firestone Interview

This is my interview with Elise Firestone. If you look at the pictures in the previous post, you will see she is one of the most beautiful women you will ever see. But she is more than that. So much more. Ilise has competed in figure. She is a fitness model, and one every photographer should want to shoot. Elise is a personal trainer and a great one at that. Also she runs Cosmetic Artistry be Elise. It provides makeup, hair, and tanning for bodybuilders, fitness, and figure competitors for competitions and photos shoots. Everyone who competes knows the importance of tan, hair, and makeup on stage. Will Elise is the best at providing that. She is so good at it, that while I will allow anyone in the sport to promote whatever they need on here, she is the only person who provides these services to promote on here. She has a website www.elisefirestone.com, where you can learn all about her, her services, and how to contact her and use her services. If you compete, you need Elise Firestone.


Q: First Elise, thanks so much for doing this.

Q: Now, first can you tell a little bit about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: My name is Elise Firestone. Fitness model, personal trainer, and owner of Cosmetic Artistry by Elise. Originally from Connecticut. I now live in New York. I am the youngest of three children and the only girl.My two older brothers both reside in the New England area.

Q: Now I understand you grew up a competitive dancer. What kind of dancing, and what got you interested in that?
A: I started tap and baller at age 3. I started competing at the age of4 in Irish step dancing. My mom's interest for dance is what got me started. She herself had been a dancer for over 20 years. Now she's into fitness just like me. I competed in both regional and national level competitions. It was at the age of 16 when I first joined a local gym that I found my love for working out and lifting weights.

Q: At age 19 you were diagnose with Pulmonary Hypertension. Explain what that is and what causes it, and the side effects.
A: I was 19 when I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension. PM is high blood pressure in the lungs which can cause the right heart to enlarge, causing right heart failure. This disease often goes mis-diagnosed. Symptoms are similar to asthma but much more severe.There was a point where I was unable to walk without feeling symptoms of shortness of breath and dizziness. Little did I know how serious this disease was. With the help of medication I am able to function through my normal every day tasks. I'm very lucky that I've responded well to the medication, and can continue to workout. Although the only cure is a heart and lung transplant, I am optimistic that one day they will find a cure.

Q: After high school you moved to New York. What lead you there?
A: My mother was driving me crazy!!LOL. I actually stayed with my cousin on Long Island and really liked it here, so I stayed.

Q: There, you met one of my favorite bodybuilders Colette Nelson. How did you meet her and how did you become such good friends?
A: Yes, Colette is one of my best friends. I met her at Synergy Gym when I was taking her crazy step class. I was so fascinated by her physique. We became such good friends and I started travelling to shows and photo shoots with her, helping her with makeup.

Q: Was she the main influence on you wanting to do a figure show?
A: I wouldn't say she was the main influence. I would say just being exposed to the sport and seeing the gorgeous girls in such great shape with beautiful suits made me want to start competing.

Q: Then in 2002 you became a certified personal trainer and aerobics instructor. What made you want to become a trainer?
A: The love of training and helping people stay healthy is what made me so interested in helping others get into shape.

Q: Finally in 2006 you did you're first figure show. What was that experience like. Did you learn anything about yourself from doing it?
A: I learned a lot after competing in my first show. For me, figure wasn't something I wanted to compete in. The more muscular look was something I found as a challenge to build the structure of my body, always being tall and lean. The body frame that I have is more bikini/beach body, so I decided to compete in competitions that were geared more toward my body type, and since then I did quite well, winning many titles. Now I compete in the new division of NPC Bikini.

Q: Was training and doing the show something your friends and family supported?
A: It's been a struggle to have my families support. The know how much time and effort it takes to get up onstage, and I think they realize it can play a toll on your body, which they worry about because of my illness. My friends are supportive. I try to surround myself with positive people only. I tend to keep the negativity out.

Q: What is your favorite and least favorite part of the whole experience?
A: My favorite part is stepping up on stage and feeling confident and beautiful. I absolutely love being in front of the camera. The least favorite part of the experience is the hours of cardio that sometimes have to be done in order to look the best. It's boring and extremely time consuming. It takes a lot of preparation to get ready for a competition like this.

Q: How many times have you competed since the first.
A: I've competed in 6 other shows since then. Winning the INBF Best Body competition and also the Bikini Divisions in New York

Q: After that you started going to shows all over and doing hair and makeup. What made you want to do that?
A: As much as I love to compete. I love helping others get ready to go onstage. My business, Cosmetic Artistry by Elise, helps bodybuilders and fitness people get ready for shows with the finishing touches of makeup, tanning, and hair. You can check out my website www.elisefirestone.com.

Q: Was it only if people asked you, or did you just show up and offer your services?
A: People book in advance for services. Often times I will travel to shows. I also teach at many fitness camps.

Q: I know you were getting your Bachelors of Science in Science Of Sports and Leisure Management. Have you completed that?
A: Yes, I finished my degree in 2008. I now have my B.S.. Although I am definitely using my aesthetic license more so than my degree.

Q: Any hobbies outside of the fitness industry?
A: I really enjoy spending time with friends. I'm lucky to have a few really good girlfriends who have been there for me through thick and thin.

Q: Describe a day in the life of Elise Firestone.
A: It's never a dull moment.LOL. Often times people can't keep up with me. I go a million miles an hour. Besides travelling to shows and running Cosmetic Artistry by Elise, I work part time at my friends clothing boutique, I teach aerobics, personal train a hand full of clients through the Internet, and I also am beginning to work with a plastic surgeon. I also freelance for a promotion events company called Fancaster.

Q: What do you think is the biggest misconception about women who compete in bodybuilding and fitness?
A: Its unfortunate that female bodybuilding and it's athletes don't' get as recognized as much as men's bodybuilding.

Q: Describe Elise Firestone in five words.
A: Classy, educated, edgy, modest, and fun.

Q: Any women in bodybuilding, fitness, or figure you really admire or are a fan of?
A: I really look up to my best friend Colette Nelson because she's a hard worker and she also had struggles with her own illness of diabetes.

Q: Before we go, any last words or anything you want to promote?
A: www.elisefirestone.com. Cosmetic Artistry by Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment