Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tamara Knight Interview




Q: First Tamara, thanks for taking the time for another interview.
A: Thanks for having me do another Jason!

Q: For those who may not be familiar, can you tell a little about yourself.
A: I am a 41 year old mother of 2 young boys. I'm an ISSA certified personal trainer with a Specialization in Sports Nutrition and I run my own business in my own gym. I'm also very passionate about bodybuilding.

Q: Can you tell people whats happened in your life since your first interview non competing wise.
A: Other than trying to spend a lot of time with my kids when I have it, I've been focusing on growing my business and things are going well

Q: You have been on stage since our last interview. What shows did you do and how did you do?
A: I just competed last week in the BC Provincial Championships taking 2nd in the HW class. This is a qualifying show for the Canadian Nationals

Q: How do you decide which shows you want to do?
A: In Canada there really isn't too much choice. The goal is to qualify for Nationals which I have done the past 2 years.


Q: What do you feel you have most improved since the first interview?
A: I put all of my energy and focus into my upper body, especially my arms and made some great improvements

Q: Is there any set goals? I mean, obviously everyone wants to win, but what does it take to make you happy after you get off stage?
A: My ultimate goal is the overall win however, placing in the top 3 and knowing the judging was fair is what makes me happy. Also knowing that I was in my absolute best condition and shape and did everything I could

Q: How was the prep for the show?
A: I do not struggle with contest prep at all. I have a very easy time dieting although this past prep was by far the lowest in carbs so it did have some challenges

Q: Did you try anything different this time?
A: Nothing different. If it works, don't change it!

Q: Whats the hardest part of the prep process for you?
A: Night cardio


Q: Whats the first thing you ate once you got off stage?
A: The first and only thing I want is water. I then went out and had a big salad with chicken.. LOL

Q: Is their anything in the fitness industry you haven't done that you would say is a goal to achieve?
A: Actually yes, I would love to do a Mud Run one day!

Q: Do you follow the competitions much lately?
A: Every single one of them.

Q: Have their been any competitors you have seen lately who impress you?
A: There are many men and women. The ones that impress me are the ones that have made obvious improvements and have exceptional conditioning.

Q: I always ask what the biggest misconception is about competitors. This time I will ask, what is the biggest misconception about you?
A: I would have to say that I'm unapproachable. I will talk to anybody and everybody! I think that some must be scared of the muscle or something?

Q: Would you want to do more photo shoots?
A: Absolutely!

Q: What is a typical day in the life of Tamara Knight like?
A: Oh my! Well, it usually starts by 4 a.m. or sometime earlier if cardio is involved. I have to be in the shower by 5 to make sure kids get up, eat etc. Work starts by 7:30 and I fit my own training in before lunch. Then it's feeding kids, prepping food, etc. Back to work by 5:00 til at least 8:00, eat my last meal and hit the sack! Of course during contest prep the cardio gets done before bed....

Q: How important is support from family and friends during the prep process?
A: It's essential.

Q: Finish this sentence. In five years Tamara Knight will be__ ?
A: Still competing and loving every second of it!

Q: When you are done competing, how would you like Tamara Knight the competitor to be remembered?
A: As someone that LOVES the sport and make continual improvements.

Q: Anything I missed you want to talk about?
A: You always ask great questions. I think you covered it!


Q: Anything you want to plug or promote?
A: I offer personal training and nutrition plans online as well. Anyone can reach me via my website at www.tzonefitness.com From there I have a Facebook link as well

Q: Tamara, again, thanks so much for doing this. Any last words before you go?
A: Thanks Jason for all the work you do for us! It's been a pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment