Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Carly Thornton Interview


Q: First, Carly, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: Hey huni, its a total pleasure :-)

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: I from the UK and have been training for around 12 years. Before that I hated any form of exercise and was unhealthy, over weight and had low self esteem.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: It wasn't until my early 20's that I got fed up and decided to do something about it, I joined my local gym and wasn't long before I started to see change!!


Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: I started to see change fairly quickly and begun the journey of a healthy lifestyle, with clean eating and training!!
Yes as soon as I started I was hooked. I loved the results, the feeling, I'm very strong for a girl and have good muscle building genetics, which gave me the fire burning desire to compete!

Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A: A lot of people used to say to me that I should compete but I didn't know where to start to be honest. I joined some of the bodybuilding forums where a bodybuilder called Paul Scarborough helped with my first competition prep

Q: Is competing something your family and friends supported?
A: Yes my family are my rock, they support me with everything I do

Q: Was competing what you expected or did anything surprise you about it?
A: I really didn't know what to expect, the emotions through dieting and tiredness was hard at times, but I loved the intense training, the feeling of having such a huge goal. My motivation was so high and to be honest loved every minute of it! The feeling on stage was so over whelming and I actually cried after, due to be so happy!


Q: Can you share your contest history.
A:
*1st place Qualifier UKBFF
*2nd Place British Championships UKBFF
*Top 15 IFBB European Championships

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: I have very strong legs, so would class them as a great feature


Q: Do you have a part you most like to train?
A: Oh I totally love training all together but if I had to pick one it would be legs OR shoulders. Okay I cannot pick one hahaha!!

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: My diet does not really change to much, apart from I cut out any treats in the week and tighter it up to just one day of my plan. My workouts are always intense, but the closer I come to a competition I have to switch to low intense cardio as I have found this works better for my body

Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: I would say I have a fairly positive reaction, never had a negative comment, but I welcome both as I'm always wanting to improve!


Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: Consistency is the key, it takes years for a physique to improve and condition, but this is something you never understand when you start training, after 12 years I have realised and thrived on knowing that every year I will get better!!

Q: What is the best and worst part of training for you?
A: I don't have a worst part as I love it all!! The best part has to be feeling the intensity, the burn, the pump, its just totally awesome, no feeling like it!

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: I totally admire Mindi Smith, she is a gorgeous person inside and out!

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Oh yes, I love candy, ice cream and burger king hahaha!!

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Everything takes time, with the right nutritional plan and exercise anything is possible, stay focused, determined and never loose the passion


Q: Whats more fun, being on stage or in front of the camera and why?
A: Oh do I have to choose?? Hahaha!! I have to be honest, im a stage girl I love the camera and I love being on stage, I went to drama school, so I love all aspects of entertaining!

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A; I love extreme sports, going on holiday, lunches with my girlies and of course having my nails and hair done hahaha!!

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Carly Thornton.
A: Well I work nights as a carer and personal train on my days off, in between this I sleep, train, and generally relax and help others

Q: Describe Carly Thornton in five words.
A: Dizzy, giggly, helpful, passionate & a little mis-understood

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: That I care for disabled children

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: I will be competing again, I keep changing my mind like the wind BUT I will be up there for sure!

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: I want to say a HUGE thank you to www.savant-health.com , Eurofitness, fitness first, Egg Nation and Simon Phillips at www.blackberrypsg.co.uk for doing my amazing website www.carlythornton.com


Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you and what are they getting in Carly Thornton the athlete and competitor?
A: I am always looking for sponsors to collaborate with. I have such passion and love for fitness and I thrive on helping and inspiring others!
They can reach me through my website or at carlythornton@yahoo.com

Q: Carly, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
A: Thank you so much for your time...stay fit, healthy and never stop smiling xxx kisses xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment