Sunday, August 28, 2011

Renee Aberle Interview







Q: First, Renee, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: My pleasure! Thanks so much for asking me!

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: My name is Renee Aberle. I'm 37 years old. I live in Wilmington, MA . I have been married for 13 years to my high school sweetheart. Right now I'm a stay at home mom to three children. I have boy/girl twins that are 8 and a 6 year old son.

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: Growing up I played softball, took dance , gymnastics and cheerleaded. In high school I continued cheerleading and playing softball.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: To help me in the process of recovery from an eating disorder. When I was 22 I was hospitalized with Anorexia. At my lowest weight I was 85lbs and on the verge of death. All I wanted to do was to disappear. My husband, who was my boyfriend at the time stuck my my side thru the whole ordeal and never left my side once. Its him that I owe my desire to get better. I saw how much he was hurting because of what I was doing to myself. He feared for my life and begged me to get help. I didn't want to hurt him any longer so I agreed. Once I was well enough and got my weight back to stable number I wanted to add some shape back to my body so I decided to join a gym. At first I was intimidated but stuck with it. I'm so glad that I did. Weight training has not only changed my physically but also mentally. Its has helped me with my self esteem, self confidence, and has taught me that food is fuel and not the enemy.

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: I picked it up fairly easy but it wasn't till I hired a trainer to help me that I saw real results. I learned about proper form and more importantly about the proper nutrition I needed to feed my growing muscles.

Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A: Seeing the women in the fitness magazines that competed is what got me thinking of wanting to compete. I decided to check out a local show and knew right away that this was something that I wanted to do. So I set a goal to do just that.


Q: Is competing something your family and friends supported?
A: Yes, I'm lucky to have my husband behind me 110%. He is my biggest supporter and often believes in me more than I do. I couldn't do this without him.

Q: Was competing what you expected or did anything surprise you about it?
A: I was surprised at how everyone was so friendly backstage. That even though people were competing against one another everyone supported each other. It was nice to be surrounded with people who knew exactly how you felt. I was also surprised how comfortable I felt up on stage. I'm not known to like the spotlight on me at all and often try to avoid it. But once I hit that stage It felt like I truly belonged up there.

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A:
*2007- NPC Maggiefit- 4th place
*2007- OCB Cape Cod Natural-3rd place Novice, 5th place Open
*2008- OCB Cape Cod Natural- 1st place Novice, 4th place Open
*2009- Ocb Cape Cod Natural-3rd open, 5th masters 35+
*2009- NGA Granite State Open-1st open
*2010- OCB Cape Cod Natural-3rd open, 3rd masters 35+
*2010- NGA Granite state Open- 2nd open, 2nd masters

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: I would have to say my calves as they are naturally developed and really don't have to work them.

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train?
A: I love training shoulders. I have been told that I need to add size to my shoulders so I love hitting them hard as I can in order to get them to grow.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: I'm in offseason right now and have just started working with a new trainer this past November. He changes my training every 4-8 weeks to keep me progressing. Right now I'm doing a 5 days split. We have been slowly upping my calories and decreasing my cardio. I eat every 3 hours and stick to clean foods like oats, br rice, sw potatoe, chicken, egg whites, veggies, lean beef, olive oil, and sometimes peanut butter. As far as far as contest prep I have never worked with coach so I'm excited to see how prep goes and what the final product will be.

Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: I would have to say positive. People often cant believe that I have had twins and ask me how I find the time to fit it all in.

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: "I don't know how you do it all?" I just tell them that this is something that I want bad enough and I make the time even if that means getting up at 3am everyday.

Q: What is the best and worst part of training for you?
A: The best part is beating a previous lift and the feeling I get reaching a goal. The worst part is the guilty feeling I get sometimes taking time away from my family to train.

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: Ava Cowan and Erin Stern

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: I love Pizza and Nachos

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: That its not going to easy. Its going to take dedication, time, and consistency. You have to give diet and training both 110% effort not just either or for the results happen.

Q: Do you think its becoming more common for women to use the weights as opposed to just doing cardio and things?
A: Yes, I do see more women attempting the weights now but there is still alot of those cardio only women that fear they are going to big and bulky.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I love to read. Anything from books to magazines

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Renee Aberle.
A: I wake up at 3am eat my fist meal and get ready to hit the gym by 4am. I'm home by 6am so that my husband can go to work. I shower and get the kids up and ready for school. I take the kids to the bus and then go do any errands that I have to do. I come home do any household things that need to be done like cleaning and laundry. After school, I take the kids to any activities or appointments they may have. Then make dinner, do homework, get lunches and clothes out for the next day. Put the kids to bed at 8pm and I'm usually in bed by 8:30pm. and do it all over again the next day!

Q: Describe Renee Aberle in five words.
A: Loyal, honest, dedicated, caring, helpful

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: That I'm really shy and don't like to have the spotlight on me. I guess except when I'm competing! LOL!

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: I'm taking this year off to make some improvements but will be returning to the stage next spring in hopes of a pro card!

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: I want to thank my sponsor Big Rig Supplements for believing in me enough to let me represent them. I'm honored to be a part of such a great team of people and cant thank them enough. I also want to thank my coach John Yobst of Lean Physique Training Studio in CT.I just started working with John this past November and the changes I have seen in my body are amazing. He has also helped me to believe in myself
more and has talked me off the edge more than once. He Is a great trainer that truly cares about each one of his clients and puts his heart and sole into his job.

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you and what are they getting in Renee Aberle the athlete and competitor?
A; Sure, I can be reached at Aberle 531@verizon.net. I would do anything I can to help promote their company anyway I could.

Q: Rene, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
A; I just want to thank you for giving me opportunity to do this and for what you do for women in fitness.

1 comment:

  1. Just got my check for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can earn filling out paid surveys online...

    So I took a video of myself getting paid $500 for taking paid surveys to set the record straight.

    ReplyDelete