Friday, December 3, 2010

Kira Neuman NPC West Virgina State Interview


I think the biggest compliment a competitor can get is not fans saying how great she looked, not judges saying how great she looked, but when other competitors point out how great she looked. Very rarely have I had so many competitors tell me how great a competitor looked as the amount who told me that about Kira Neuman at the NPC West Virginia State. I expected Kira to do great which is one reason I asked her to do this interview even before the show, but honestly she looked even more incredible than I expected. Kira's already amazing physique looked, in my opinion, better than ever. She says the Pro card isn't the ultimate goal so much as just improving with each show. Well she is achieving her goal then because she keeps improving, and that improvement is going to lead her to that Pro card one day.





Q: Kira, thanks for taking the time out to do this.
A: Absolutely! Thank you! Very honored to do this!

Q: For those who may may not be familiar, can you tell a little about yourself.
A: I am a national level bodybuilder from Indianapolis, Indiana. I am a personal trainer and I have a degree in P.E. and Health Education. Currently working on my masters in Special Ed! Other than that I am just a crazy, life-loving, outgoing and super silly girl!

Q: Congrats on your the NPC West Virginia State. You looked incredible.
A: Awww thanks so much! I am flattered and very happy to have won!

Q: Early in the day I received a text from someone saying it was yours easily. Did you feel that way or not sure till they announced the winner?
A: Ummmm, honestly I had no idea. I didn’t really look at any pics that my girlfriend took. And I couldn’t really tell just by standing next to the girls. And honestly, I don’t like to have that thought in my head only because I don’t want to let my guard down and do something stupid in between the pre judge and finals. Always gotta keep my game face on!

Q: Since you haven't been on stage in a little while, where there any nerves?
A: Oh heck no! I am a stage lover! I definitely love getting up there and strutting my stuff! I am very confident up there and I just think of it as another day at work!


Q: As a show itself what did you think of it?
A: I thought it was a fantastic show! Lots of quality athletes from the women to the men. I had no idea how big the show would be and it was definitely a great turn-out! And definitely well ran. Super impressed!

Q: How confident were you going in?
A: Ummm well I didn’t train or diet as hard as I have in the past so I was confident but a little bit of questioning myself beforehand. Of course my friends were confident for me but I still didn’t know since I had slacked off a bit!

Q: After pre-judging how were you feeling about your chances?
A: I was feeling good but like I said I never like to get too cocky about it cuz I don’t want to let my guard down.

Q: How did you feel about the overall package your brought to the stage?
A: I was very pleased. Although I had slacked a lot I felt that I looked better than ever! I really can’t complain! Of course I want to make improvements! Never enough right?!

Q: Is there one part of your physique you feel has really improved since last time on stage?
A: My legs! I always struggle with getting them in shape and I felt that they looked the best they ever have! Very happy with that.

Q: Is there one part you really want to improve on?
A: There again my legs! I want deeper cuts and more lines and just an overall harder look.


Q: At what point during prep did you feel you were ready?
A: The day of the show! I always have a little doubt that I could have done more and done something differently especially since I cheated more during this prep and did less cardio. However, I felt that it did my body good to not stress about it. And like I said this was the best I have ever looked! But I will never feel that I am ready before a show because I want to continue busting my butt!

Q: Did the prep go as smooth as you would like?
A: Yes it actually went smoother because I didn’t stress it. I made it a point to enjoy my life and have a life as well. And I had a great support system in my girlfriend who pushed me and kept me on my toes!

Q: Anything about the prep process you wish you had done different?
A: Well, I wish I would’ve done more cardio. As for the diet and how often I had my little cheats I don’t regret that. I really think my body adapted and utilized that to the fullest because I really feel I looked better than I ever had and I was able to just relax about it.

Q: After a show like that, are you mentally drained at all?
A: Ugh yes!! After I’m done with a show I feel a sense of freedom and freeness!! I feel like I can do whatever without being on a schedule. I enjoy discipline and a regimen but I also enjoy being able to eat whenever and train whenever.

Q: I have had several people who compete tell me how great they thought you looked. Do you take extra pride in it when other competitors point something like that out?
A: Awww well tell them thanks for me! I really appreciate the love and support! And compliments of course! Oh absolutely. I always feel extra flattered and grateful when fellow competitors show their support and give me positive feedback. It is so flattering!


Q: What goes through your mind those last few minutes before you step on stage?
A: I always think to myself, “let’s show em what you’re workin with girl!” hahahahahahah that is seriously something I say to myself before I go on stage!
Q: When you were on stage did you try and read the judges reactions at all or just focus on what you are doing?
A: Oh I never really look at the judges other than to smile and kinda flirt! Hahahahahaha No I just try to show them the respect of acknowledging that they are critiquing me!

Q: Whats the first thing you ate once it was over?
A: HAHAHHAHAHAH I love when people ask me this!! I ate pizza of course! Then I had ice cream the next night but I didn’t go crazy like I have in the past. Didn’t want to get sick!

Q: Was there any other competitors you noticed who really impressed you?
AL There were two other female bb’s who looked great at that show. One who I talked to quite a bit and she was super sweet and looked great. She should continue to do well and I really hope she does!

Q: What will be your biggest memory from the entire weekend?
A: Having my girlfriend there to help me and all of our friends who came up to support me!

Q: Am I correct to assume the Pro card is the ultimate goal?
A: Hahahahahahaha well to be honest, a pro card isn’t on my bucket list! Now don’t get me wrong I would love to get my pro card. However, I make improving my physique and bettering my look each year my ultimate goal. Now if I go into a show and win it then heck yeah I would be stoked but I just focus on making adjustments and working hard. And hopefully inspiring others to get in shape and/or compete.

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: Not exactly but I am looking at doing USA’s again. Not that I really need an excuse to go to Vegas but if I do need one it would be to compete there again! I love that show and would like to do it again.

Q: Anyone you want to thank for helping you in the process?
A: My loving and supportive and wonderful girlfriend. She is my best friend and the one who motivates me the most. And of course my parents who also love what I do and encourage me. My clients and other patrons of the gym who supported me and continually cheered me on!


Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: My website: www.kiraneuman.com and my gym’s site: www.fitnessnowindy.com

Q: Kira again congrats. I was really excited to hear how well you did. Any last words before you go?
A: Thanks so much! I appreciate it more than you know! Last words? Put down the doughnuts and pick up a dumbbell or two! Hahahahahahahaa! I hope that encourages someone! Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment