Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Patty Wilson Interview






By looking at Patty Wilson's photos you can clearly see she looks incredible on stage and incredible in front of the camera. There is so much to be impressed by with Patty just right there, but the reality is there is so much more to her than competing and fitness modeling and so much more to be impressed by. Patty is a trainer herself, and how often do you see someone look that good without ever having a trainer. That means she gets it, and that means if you are looking for a trainer, Patty is a great choice.





Q: First, Patty, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: Thank you Jason for asking!

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: I am a small town girl who has big dreams and I am making them come true everyday. I am a native to Arizona.

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: Absolutely not. I never played sports in my life. I was a different child ;)

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: It was my sophomore year in college. I was always a fairly husky kid growing up. My first year in college I gained the freshman 20! So when I went back the following year, I made a decision to change myself! I then joined a gym.

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: I started off by taking aerobic classes. When I started really enjoying them and getting my endurance and confidence up, I stepped into the weight room. Wasn't easy at first...it took time teaching myself.

Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A: I was in a long relationship and when it ended, I needed something to focus on. Also one of the trainers at the gym I taught aerobics at kept telling me day after day... "you should do a show....you have the physique for it" after many no's to him..lol one day, I surprised him with the response of "OK!"

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time?
A: Honestly the 1st time I competed I told no one I was doing it until they started seeing my body change drastically...then I couldn't hide it anymore :)

Q: Was competing what you expected? Did anything surprise you about it?
A: Gosh, it was SOOO much more! The whole experience is one that has helped me change my life. I am so proud of that day I first stepped on stage!

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: Honestly, when my body is in check, I love every part of it.

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train or favorite exercise?
A: Call me crazy but I love lunges!! I sometimes do 300 a day just for fun!

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: I stay pretty consistent year around.

Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: I always get positive feedback. People are always curious and ask questions on how they can change something on them or get as motivated.

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: I want people to understand that this is a sport! Just because I am not running a marathon or doing a triathalon does not mean I train any less then the next person. If people lived a week in my life when I am prepping for a show.....ya, I think they would then understand ;)

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: This answer changes for me yearly..lol. I think right now the best part of it is the people you meet in the industry. Also the determination and willpower you need to get the best results possible. The worst part I would have to say is the post show blues. Seeing your body change, and the uncontrollable appetite that comes after a show.


Q: Do you have any favorite competitor or any you admire?
A: Honestly I admire all the natural competitors! Every competitor deserves praise.

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Oh do I :) I love Nut Butters, Trail mix, and White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies!!

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Go for it! You can achieve anything you set your mind to and remember "it is not about being perfect....it is about being persistent!"

Q: You do training yourself. What do you enjoy about helping others?
A: Yes I do. I have never had a trainer for myself. I enjoy helping other make changes in their body, diet and minds that they never thought they were capable of!

Q: You are also a fitness model. How did you get started doing that and what do you enjoy about it?
A: I started about 2 & 1/2 years ago. A client of mine was getting into photography and she wanted to use me as her muse. From there....it started :)
I love it. It has opened so many doors and opportunities for me. I am always anxiously await the next opportunity.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I love to travel, lay on the beach, hike, read, spend time with my family and friends, sleep ;)

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Patty Wilson.
A: My days can change in a heartbeat but for the most part daily on the weekday:
4:15a.m. wake up, gym for morning cardio, off to work to train clients, break in mid day....my turn to train myself, check some emails and run some errands then usually back to work, then home, cook, pack lunches, get ready for the next great day, bed! lol.... not to exciting, but I make up for it on the weekends!

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I make my bed every single morning whether I am running late or not.

Q: Describe Patty Wilson in five words.
A: Passionate, Dedicated, Motivated, Inspired, Go Getter

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: I have so many thing I am brewing up in my head for the future but as far as competing, I am looking to do Tournament of the Champions NPC show in September and Fitness Universe Show in November.

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: I offer online training and nutrition, and will be coming up with some other stuff this year such as a e-book, energy bites, etc. Check out my website http:www.pattywilsonfitness.com as I update it regularly of all the new things I am working on!

Q: Are you looking for sponsors?
A: Yes! I would love to have a sponsor soon. If anyone is interested you can contact me at
http//:www.pattywilsonfitness.com

Q: Patty, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
A: Thank you again for this opportunity and please feel free to contact me anytime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment