Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Michelle Russell Victory In The Valley Interview






At Victory In The Valley Michelle Russell took 2nd place and won Best Poser. Pretty good for her first NPC show, and third show overall. Michelle is known for having some of the best peaked biceps around, but she has improved so much of her physique. In my opinion Michelle is bound to keep getting better and I believe a Pro car is well within her reach. So please read this interview and learn a little more about the Russell behind the muscle.







Q: Michelle, thanks for taking the time out to do a second interview.
A: You are very welcome. Thank you for having me take part again. :-)

Q: For those who may have missed the first interview, can you tell a little about your self.
A: Sure, I’m a Canadian Female Bodybuilder, fairly new to the sport(started training in 2007) My name is Michelle Russell, 30yrs old and Live in Canada, Ontario.

Q: First I must say congrats on Victory In The Valley show. I thought you looked incredible.
A: Thank you very much, I had some really great improvements, had a little personal set back 2 weeks out, but I pulled through and am very proud of myself for pulling through and getting on stage at this particular show.

Q: You finished 2nd which is great for a first NPC show. Do you walk away saying "I am happy with that" or "OK what do I need to do to win next time"
A: No doubt in my mind did I walk away saying “ok, what do I need to do to win next time”. I made some awesome improvements, but I know I can do better.

Q: You also won Best Poser. Posing is so important on stage, so how satisfying is it to win that?
A: It was great, I take pride in how I present myself, along with my routine I love getting up there and getting the crowd going, I get a real kick out of having some fun after all the hard work that goes into the prep.

Q: As a show, what did you think of that one?
A: I thought it was a great show! The Mainstage Muscle group and volunteers put on a great show, very well organized and I would for sure love to enter into another one of their shows. Everyone was very friendly and help full and I met some very nice people.

Q: After pre-judging how were you feeling about your chances?
A: I felt pretty good, it is a little different then our Canadian shows, so I was not totally sure what I to think at that time, but it turned out pretty good.

Q: How did you feel about the overall package your brought to the stage?
A: I felt pretty good, I know I could have came in much tighter, but I did come in my best shape yet, so I have to be happy with that for sure. I still have my work cut out for me, but I’m getting there!

Q: You still have some of the best biceps in the sport, but have improved so many other body parts. What part of your physique would you say was the one you have improved the most the last year?
A: I’d have to say my legs, I have a hard time getting those babies to size up but they are coming along nicely.

Q: Was there one aspect of your physique you thought could have been better or you wan to improve on?
A: For sure, there always is! My lower body for needs work for sure. I really want to focus on my booty this year and get that baby “up-to-par”

Q: Did your prep go as smoothly as hoped for?
A: Yes and no. I had a rough start, the weight was not wanting to drop, things finally got rolling and I was doing great, but had some personal set-backs I had to deal with 2.5 weeks out. It really set me back, missed a few days in the gym, my eating fell right off the wagon, I had far too much stress then I actually thought I could handle, but like I said, I pulled through and am 100% sure I will not make the same mistake again in the future. I truly learned something new about myself prepping for this show.

Q: Is there a point in the prep process where you say "O.K. I am ready"?
A: For me, there always has been, but again I’ve only done 3 shows. Usually at some point something “clicks”, things fall in place and “Its time to RUMBLE….WHOOT!”

Q: Anything about the prep process that you can say you want to do different next time?
A: It’s hard to say, this time around was awesome for me, MUCH better then in the past. I took on a great coach who I think is amazing! She’s been awesome for me so I’m really excited and looking forward to see how we do in the future.

Q: After a show like that, are you mentally drained at all?
A: I was not too bad. Only thing that I felt drained from was the personal stress I had to deal with. Other then that, it was not bad at all, but I did take a nice 2 weeks out of the gym to wind down. It’s rare I take time off training but this time I just felt my body needed a rest.

Q: The week before a show like that, what were you thinking about? Nervous or excited, or what?
A: I have yet to be nervous before a show, but this time I was! I think because it was new being an NPC show. The posing is different, routines are longer, and was the first time I had to travel for show. Soon as the morning show was done I was excited to get back up there.

Q: How about those last 5 minutes before you hit the stage, what were you thinking about?
A: What was I thinking..LOL “OMG, I didn’t even have time to pump up” Things ran really fast compared to the shows I have done in the past here. So I will for sure be 100% on top of thing next time. I was much more ready for the night show. It was a great stepping stone.

Q: When you are on stage did you try and read the judges reactions at all or just focus on what you are doing?
A: NO, I don’t pay attention to that. Maybe I should but I don’t. I am up there doing what I’m up there to do.

Q: Whats the first thing you ate once it was over?
A: My mom and I had some appetizers, a watermelon martini and HUGE cheese cake Sunday, so good!

Q: Was there any other competitors you noticed who really impressed you?
A: Some of the guys where really impressive.

Q: Anyone you got to meet or see for the first time that you were excited about?
A: Off hand, Mike Valentino and Kevin Dehaven where some people I recognized along with some other pro’s that where there. Great guys, super nice!

Q: How important is support from family and friends at a show like this?
A: Its huge!!! I am so lucky to have the support of my folks. They are my #1 fan’s and I love them so much! I am SO lucky to have such a supportive family and close friends. This show would have been untouchable if it was not for them. My close friends are super understanding and are always proud of me when they see my pictures.

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: Sure have, Nov. 27th. Same day as my birthday, I may as well ring in my 31st birthday with a bang.

Q: Anyone you want to thank for helping you in the process?
A: My folks for sure!! I could not ask for a better family and their support is unbelievable. I am so thankful. And of course my awesome coach!!

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: Plug or promot. Hmmm I have yet to hook with a sponsor I can work with, but I’d love to thank my awesome trainer!! She rocks and wish her all the best in her show this year!!

Q: Michelle I really thought you looked incredible and am so happy for you. You have become a good friend who I truly look up to and admire. Any last words before you go?
A: Thank you so much Jason, I feel the same. Cheer to that and bringing a better packed for the next round. :-) YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment