Sunday, November 7, 2010

Yvonne Van Der Horst Interview


I have come across very few people who seem to just genuinely love the fitness lifestyle as much as Yvonne Van Der Horst. With her incredible physique, hard work, and love for what she does, I think you can expect her to reach her goal of being a Pro very soon.





Q: First, Yvonne, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: Your welcome, also thank you very much for your time and making this interview happen

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: My name is Yvonne van Der Horst and I am 33 years old Living in Holland, Nord Brabant..I live together with my dog, the love of my
live..My family is supporting me in my sports, especially my brother, he is older
than me his name is Fran He is my only brother and married and has 2 sweet boys...

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person?
A: I train at axis fitness-world in Tilburg. And work at Laco as a fitness &
groups fitness coordinator.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
This gym was a hardcore bodybuilding gym for many years. Now they have a new
owner but still it will be always the gym in Tilburg where you have to be for building your muscles with a lot of fun..

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you
started to see results?
A: Yes training was for me and still is the best thing of my life, I picked it
up really easy when I had a good trainings partner how told me anything he
knows, my brother. Now I train with my buddy Arjan..we have the same work so we could schedule our time together to train.


Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A: When i was 19 years old, I always read magazines and liked to read about
competitors and their way off living. How they build their body in to the persons they become.. I can`t get it out off my mind and always train every week. When I was 26 my mind was set to compete someday..nobody could talk me out of it, but than to
find a trainer/coach, it was the hardest thing of all..(Holland is small
country and bodybuilding is a small world)

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time?
A: Yes family and friends are at my side...especially my brother and his wife

Q: Was competing what you expected?
A: It was more than I had expected, it was hard but I loved it..my life is
living as a pro (hope to get there soon)

Q: Can you share your contest history
A: Competitive Record:
National competitions:
2008
*1st place aerobic class level C
*3rd place aerobic class level B
*3rd place dutch championships level A
2009
*1st place dutch championships level A
2010
*1st place dutch championships classic bodybuilding level A
International competitions
2008
*13th place European championships aerobic class
*14th place world championships aerobic class
2009
*14th place European championships body fitness
2010
*8th place European championships body fitness


Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: My legs,

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train or favorite exercise?
A: Legs and chest
Legs...walking lunges
Chest decline press

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter
it for contest prep?
A: Training is always different, and food, you don`t wanna know, a lot also in
contest...i have to eat a lot otherwise I lose to much in a small time..
Now I eat like 2700 cals a day and I am 2 weeks out off the world
championships...
Off season I eat like 4500 cals

Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: More negative...don't like the looks, find me to hard and to muscled...Holland it doesn't have a positivity about bodybuilding If you look like this you are strange

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or comment
you are most sick of hearing?
A: Anabolica...?? What I don`t use, that`s why I have to eat a lot...


Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or
the one thing you wish people understood?
A: I women has to work hard to get where the wanna be..it is a way of
live....and you are always on a diet and that they don`t understand..why you
wanna do this..

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: I can`t find any...I love it all the way

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire
A: Yes, Juliette Bergmann, Gina Aliotti, Elena Sphortun, Desiree Dumpel(my
coach)

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Chocolate, cake protein bars..wine


Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one
piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Give yourself the time and enjoy it in every way..listen to yourself and
your body

Q: DO you think it s becoming more common to see women in the gym training and lifting as hard as men?
A: Yes and no...
Holland is different with that, but if I can change it..I would

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: Going out to eat...or dance. Walking my dog

Q" Can you describe a typical day in the life of Yvonne Van Der Horst?
A: My typical day of my life;
Getting up and have coffee before cardio..making my food for the day.. Going
to work and give group fitness classes, having meetings with the
managers..helping members getting the shape they want..going to the gym and
working out with Arjan, walking my dog...mostly going back to work and
giving group fitness classes again..than home and sitting for a while then
going to sleep..yes I have a working or training life.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I am a sweet and loving person with a very small heart...not hard as some
people think...

Q: Describe Yvonne Van Der Horst in five words.
A: Loving, Cheering, Hard working, Giving girl

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: Yes my dream is becoming a pro light weight bodybuilder, having my own gym

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: Trying to get a sponsor in any way..I know there are a lot of women out their
how want sponsorships..
What is so different about me, my job is all around and I make a lot of event
on fitness classes ore fitness workouts..
I am well known in our province for personal training and making diets and
giving workshops over supplements and training
I work hard to get where I want to be, if my mind is set up to become a pro
I Will get there..
Just hoping to get there with a sponsoring contract.

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you?
A: I write it in the last question, how to reach me, Yvonne.horst@hotmail.com /
.mysterymusclegirl@gmail.com or www.yvonnevanderhorst.nl (we are
working on that website)


Q: Yvonne , again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last
words before you go?
A: Thank you very much I only wanna say thanks to my brother and his family and
my mothers..my coach and family and of course all of my fans to make my wish
come true by giving me the gifts I need..

1 comment: