Friday, May 27, 2011

Kelly Warren Interview


9-3 as an amateur and 2-0 as a pro tells you that Kelly Warren can fight and fight well. As you will read, she is hard working, training twice a day, and doing that while working and taking care of her son. She has two fights scheduled for June and it would be hard to bet against her improving that pro record to 4-0.



Q: First, Kelly I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.

Q: Were you especially athletic growing up? Play any sports?
A: I have been involved in sports my whole life. I was a cheerleader, ran track, and did karate

Q: What initially got you started training for MMA?
A; I originally started out in kickboxing and realized that there was not a lot of competition and that is what got me into MMA

Q: Was the training something you picked up fairly easy?
A: Some parts were difficult than others but with hard work I was able to improve in those areas


Q: How long did you train before your first fight?
A: 8 months

Q: Was fighting something your family and friends supported?
A: Yes, my family and friends have always been very supportive

Q: Where do you train at now?
A: ITS, Metro Fitness, and TMA

Q: Can you give your overall record so far.
A: 2-0 in my Pro record and 9-3 in my Amateur record

Q: Is there one fight you would say you are most proud of?
A: When I won the 115 Impact Fight League belt


Q: What would you say is your biggest strength and the one thing you most want to improve?
A: My biggest strength is striking and one thing that I most want to improve on is grappling

Q: Are there any fighters you are a fan of or love to watch?
A: Megumi Fujii

Q: Do you ever see a major U.S. women’s only company being viable?
A: Yes

Q: Often you watch a show that has one women's fight. Somehow that fight always turns out to be the most exciting fight on the card. Why do you think that is?
A: Girls are not afraid to get in there and throw punches and most people underestimate girl fights until they watch them.

Q: What is the biggest misconception about female fighters?
A: Women cannot achieve the same goals as male fighters.

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to train for the sport, what’s the biggest piece of advice you would give her?
A: Train hard and strive to achieve your goals

Q: Outside of training and fighting, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: Training and working takes up most of my day so when I get free time, I love spending time with my son.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Kelly Warren.
A: I train hard twice a day and in between that, I work full time as a waitress and take care of my son.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I am always smiling


Q: Describe Kelly Warren in five words.
A: Determined, Aggressive, Spontaneous, Energetic and Hardworking

Q: So what’s next for you? Any idea when you will be fighting again?
A: I am fighting June 4th against Sarah Lacina and than I am fighting on June 17th against Avery Vilche

Q: Kelly, I want to thank you for doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment