Thursday, April 7, 2011

Aubrie Richeson Interview


When I first started my own weight loss and competing goals, one of the first people I talked to was a beautiful woman named Aubrie Richeson. She was very kind, supportive and encouraging. She even did one of my first interviews. Over time we realized we had a mutual friend or two, including my trainer Danny-J. I realized, not only did I like Aubrie, but pretty much everyone who knew her liked her. Over the year of my journey, Aubrie remained encouraging and supportive. Finally at this years Arnold's I got to spend some time with her, both at the convention and outside of it. It was a pleasure to be able to do that. Aubrie is a very special person. Which is why I have no doubt she makes an incredible trainer as well. Because she likes supporting, encouraging and motivating others to reach their goals. Whether it be training, photo shoots, competing, representing bodybuilding.com or anything else Aubrie does, you can be sure it will be done with class and always be done with her giving 100 percent effort. Aubrie is one of the real special people in the fitness industry.




Q: First Aubrie, thanks for taking the time for another interview.
A: Jason you're a good friend of mine, of course I'd love to do an interview for you, it's really more of a thank you to yourself, from me!

Q: For those who may not be familiar, can you tell a little about yourself.
A: Well, I am a fitness model and Bodybuilding.com sponsored athlete. I've done a couple competitions in past years, and will most likely do more next year. They're fun, but I actually love the modeling and expo work more than actually competing.

Q: You were recently named to the Bodybuilding.com team. Can you explain what exactly that means?
A: Being part of the Bodybuilding.com team is a dream! I have to say that first because I've honestly been thinking about being a part of it every since I first found out about them back in 07. As a sponsored athlete I'm blessed to be able to travel with Bodybuilding.com when they attend expos and shows, it's such a good time to be able to meet new people and work on articles for their site.

Q: You do booth work for them, for example at this years Arnold's. What do you enjoy about that?
A: Booth work is exciting in itself. You get to travel, see new places and meet amazing new people that have the same enthusiasm for fitness that you do. I also enjoy being able to talk with people and help inspire them to work towards whatever their dream may be.

Q: You have become fairly popular fairly fast. Now I know you are going to be humble and not agree with that, but it is fact. What do you attribute that to?
A: Haha Jason you got me with that one! If I do agree with that statement I'd have to say that being able to talk with everyone, answer questions and help others achieve their goals has been huge. You can have an AWESOME physique but unless you talk with and encourage others, no one will remember you.

Q: You are also a personal trainer. Can you give the name of your business and how people can find out more?
A: My business is Doubt Your Limits, Inc Fitness Training, I'm currently working on the site, www.DYLTraining.com which will hopefully be finished in a month or two. For now, contacting me on facebook is the easiest way to get in touch.


Q: What all services do you provide?
A: My training business provides people with meal plans, training plans, online training and one on one. I'm currently switching up my training style a bit and working on getting more certifications to stay up to date and to be able to incorporate the best training for each person's goal.

Q: What do you enjoy about training others?
A: Being able to see others transform, both mentally and physically, is huge. People become more confident and happy about what they are seeing in the mirror when they make positive changes. That inspires me to keep going!

Q: Is the plan to at some point be back on stage?
A: I'm planning on giving bikini a go next year, this year is just too busy with me getting married, buying a house, and hopefully getting my larger studio going- all on top of another job haha. But I do love the stage- just not the prep

Q: You also do a lot of photo shoots. What do you most enjoy about that?
A: With photoshoots you can transform your look into a thousand different things- it's like you get to play dress up and become something else completely.


Q: Speaking of photo shoots. This is a good time to plug the Legendary CockDiesel Photography. Wanna give a plug and contact info.
A: Why yes, The Legendary CockDiesel Photo is new to the photography scene, but you'd never guess that with the great images he produces. As my fiance, I'm a little biased but I'm sure you'll see what I mean if you visit his facebook- his site is in the making! www.facebook.com/Cockdieselphoto

Q: Is their anything in the fitness industry you haven't done that you would say is a goal to achieve?
A: Hmm, good question. I'd still like to appear in a magazine, but that's not top priority just because most of the time people remember you for a month and then the next month there's someone else. I think I'd just like to make an inspirational impact to help others see fitness goals are closer than they think. And that while making change can be difficult. The results are well worth it.

Q: Do you follow the competitions much lately?
A: I'll be honest... no. I follow my client's and friend's progress more than that. ;)


Q: Have their been any competitors you have seen lately who impress you?
A: Jaquelyn Kastelic is quickly becoming an inspiration to me. She's amazing with her training and diet, helps inspire thousands, and has more energy than I can imagine having haha.

Q: I always ask what the biggest misconception is about competitors. This time I will ask, what is the biggest misconception about you?
A: Well... I'm not sure on that one. I haven't heard any lately, the last one came around a couple years ago stating I was on anabolic steroids, but that has faded (because come on, I'd be ALOT bigger). I guess we'll see if anything new comes up.

Q: I have seen and I am sure you have, many times sites and business's use pictures of you in their advertising. Does that anger you, flatter, you, both, neither?
A: It bothers me when it's a shady company or I know they did not purchase the pictures from the photographers, but it's still flattering that my look sells so well. Now, just to get them to pay haha.

Q: What is a typical day in the life of Aubrie Richeson like?
A: Are you ready? 5:30 I'm up for my preworkout meal of ezekiel toast and a protein shake, I train until 7:30ish, head home to make my oats, then quickly shower and get ready for the day and ready for my client at 9am, I'm headed to work right after from 10am-3pm, then I rush home to train clients from 3:30 to 7:30. I probably make it sound more hectic than it is, but I'm never resting- I always have to keep moving!

Q: Anything else going on that I didn't mention that you want to talk about?
A: I would like to say thank you to you Jason, you're such a supporter of others and it means so much to all of them, including myself. I hope I get to see you at the Olympia!

Q: Finish this sentence. In five years Aubrie Richeson will be__.
A: One of the top trainers in Utah, a published author (inspirational book of some sort) and maybe have a baby one the way.

Q: Anything you want to plug or promote?
A: Uhm, no. Unless folks would like to visit my site www.aubriericheson.com


Q: Aubrie, again, thanks so much for doing this, I have always appreciated your support you have given me in my own goals and I love that I can call you a friend. Any last words before you go?
A: Thank YOU Jason. :) You're a great friend- even if you can't finish the Thurmanator haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment