Friday, July 2, 2010

Hello Fellow Physique Competitors by Janelle Gallo



Since I will be posting almost once a week I figured that I would introduce myself. My name is Janelle Gallo. I am 33 years old and have been bodybuilding since the age of 15. It was then that I first picked up the weights and I was hooked! I loved the way I got a pump in my muscles and how it was sculpting my physique. Not to mention I felt strong! So, I read more into training and nutrition and at the age of 20 I decided to get certified as a personal trainer. I have been doing it ever since. I established my business as a independent personal trainer at Remedy Fitness in East Setauket, NY. I also do in-home personal training. It has been my passion for 13 years now. It wasn't until my late 20's that I got certified as a nutritionist. I love helping others feel good and achieve fitness goals they never thought they could achieve. I am a motivator and am constantly reading up on the latest research in training and nutrition.I work with people of all ages and all fitness levels. I started competing in 2001. My 2 friends (who also competed) urged me to compete because they felt I had the physique for bodybuilding. Well they were right! Since then, I have become a state, national, and world champion. I have done 14 shows and am not stopping until I get that pro card! I also help people with contest preparation and posing. I believe that posing is just as important as diet and training when getting ready for a show. Too often I see people stressing over how they look and are neglecting how the are posing. You can have a great physique, but if your posing is off, the judges can see that.
I will be writing about different topics in the sport of bodybuilding and other issues so feel free to check in weekly. You can check out more of me on bodyspace.com You can also contact me at janelleg@optonline.net. Looking forward to sharing my information to people and inspiring them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janelle!

    I hope everything is going well for you.

    I will be interested to see what you write.

    Yours truly,
    Paul Erlandson

    ReplyDelete