Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Competitors Edge by Vanessa Prebyl

A Weekly Blog By nationally Ranked Bikini Competitor Vanessa Prebyl

Hello to all of my readers!!

With my Bikini competition being very soon, April 17th Emerald Cup Championships in Snoqualmie, WA>, this blog will be short and sweet. I will be competing in the Bikini Short Class, so please watch for it at www.craigproductions.com, where they will be positng pictures, results, and placings after the show. GO BIKINI!!!! :-)

Question from Reader:

One of my readers stated she would like to start lifting; however, she would also like to reduce her body fat %. This is a very common scenario.

If you are starting to do weight training and cardio, I would recommend starting off slowly. FIrst think of what is manageable for you in regards to a) amount of time you will be able to be in the gym, b) how many days you can go to the gym, c) knowledge of lifting technique, and d) knowledge of proper nutrition. It is a good idea to know first-off what you will be able to handle so that you don't over exert yourself. I think the worst thing is when people just starting off go to the gym and push so hard that they have a negative experience. Therefor, if you are only able to go to the gym three times a week, I would start off with circuit-training and then finish with cardio.

Actually, when I very first started with my trainer Kim Oddo* I was doing circuit-training, which is exactly the program that he mentioned in Hers Muscle and Fitness March/April issue (see link below)

www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/bikini_circuits/videos/3

Or try

news.bodybyo.com/?p=1958

Furthermore, if you are able to purchase the March/April issue, it also has a detailed nutrition plan that is very similiar to what I started off with as well. I was able to decrease my body fat % from 27% to currently 12%, so I can vouch for the plans ability to work. The key is consistance!!

If you ahve any additional questions, please psot a comment to this blog. Also, if you would like to ask a question and dont want to ask in a blog setting, feel free to email me at vanessaprebyl2000@yahoomail.com. I hope this information helps you.

Quote of the Week:

"life is a series of collisions with the future; it is not the sum of what we have been, but what we yearn to be."

- Joe Ortega y Gasset

Much Love,
Vanessa :-)

*www.bodybyo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment