Thursday, July 7, 2011

Patricia Vidonic Interview


I have long been familiar with Patricia Vidonic, but somehow I never asked her for an interview. Don't know how I went so long before asking her, as Patricia is a great representative of women's MMA and a talented fighter as well. After her recent title win for Beatdown MMA I asked her and am happy she said yes. I know if you find out a little about Patricia, you will be a fan to.



Q: First, Patricia I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: Thank you for asking me.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself?
A: I am a wife, mom and all around down to earth person. I grew up in Oregon, but we moved to Farmington, NM back in December 2010.

Q: Were you especially athletic growing up? Play any sports?
A: Yeah, I was pretty athletic, I rode horses, played softball and was a tomboy. In high school I played softball and was on the Olympic style weight lifting team.

Q: What initially got you started training for MMA?
A: My husband, back when we were still only friends, he told me he was going to be training some other girl in our town, so I asked if I could try it out too. After a few times training I was hooked and just wanted to learn more.


Q: Was the training something you picked up fairly easy?
A: Some of it, but hard work, dedication and drive are what make it fairly easy in the long run. I had some natural abilities, but "You get out what you put into it."

Q: How long did you train before your first fight?
A: That was a mistake on my part by confirming a fight with out my coach (I do not recommend this), my coach had 3 weeks to prep me for my first fight.

Q: Was fighting something your family and friends supported?
A: My Grandma Selda, Grandpa Bud , and Uncle Mike are my biggest supporters besides my awesome husband Jason and our boy Marky. Everyone in my life knows that if you aren't supportive of me, that's your loss.

Q: Where do you train at now?
A: In Farmington New Mexico.

Q: Can you give your overall record so far?
A: As an amateur I was 4-1. Pro I am 4-1, I just won the Beatdown MMA 110lb Title. I also was a participant on the Ultimate Women's Challenge reality show.

Q: Is there one fight you would say you are most proud of?
A: Definitely, my last fight. June 25th vs. Lacey Schuckman for the Beatdown MMA 110lb Pro Title. I was very happy with my performance, and most of all the outcome. I am looking forward to defending my title =)


Q: What would you say is your biggest strength and the one thing you most
want to improve?
A: My work ethic is my biggest asset. I want to improve on anything we see is necessary, I don't think there is ever just one thing to improve on. Just sayin' ;-)

Q: Are there any fighters you are a fan of or love to watch?
A: Yes, Cris Cyborg Santos is my Favorite, she isn't just a fighter, she is also a wife and mother. She is recognized for her fighting skills and I have a lot of respect for her classiness as well as Marloes Conen. Love those ladies!

Q: Do you ever see a major U.S. women's only company being viable?
A: Sure it could, but I like to watch guys fight too. I think it's nice to have co-ed cards.


Q: Often you watch a show that has one women's fight. Somehow that fight always turns out to be the most exciting fight on the card. Why do you think that is?
A: Because girls ROCK!! =)

Q: What is the biggest misconception about female fighters?
A: That we are less skilled, or not as strong as the guys. Well that's why you should never judge a book by it's cover.

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to train for the sport, whats the biggest piece of advice you would give her?
A: Get to the gym!

Q: Outside of training and fighting, any other hobbies or activities you
enjoy?
A: I like hiking or doing anything with my guys (Jason my hubby and Marky our son)

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Patricia Vidonic?
A: I get up, go running. Train, then rest. Later in the day I do some more cardio and conditioning, then train again. That just about sums it up.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: That I can bake like Betty Crocker =)

Q: Describe Patricia Vidonic in five words.
A: Dedicated, focused, determined, strong, humble.

Q: So whats next for you? Any idea when you will be fighting again?
A: Like always, lots of offers, nothing confirmed; however, I will keep everyone posted......

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A; I want to thank ~ Failures No Option ~ Damage Control Mouthguards ~ Fight Soap ~ Kingdom Connection Ministries ~ I also want to thank my coach, my fans, family and friends who follow my career and support me.


Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so, how can they reach you and what are
they getting in Patricia Vidonic the fighter and person?
A: Yes, I am always looking for sponsors. I am a very active fighter with growing exposure; I will always represent my sponsors in a professional manner. If you are interested please contact us at mailto:TeamVidonic@live.com

Q: Patricia, I want to thank you for doing this. Any last words before you
go?
A: I want to thank you for this interview, I want to thank everyone at Rough House MMA in Colorado Springs for inviting us in to finish up my training camp for my last fight. I appreciate everyones support of my career and WMMA. If you want to follow my career please go to my Fan Page on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment