Saturday, January 11, 2020
Honor Fighting Championships 12: A New Years Resolution Results
Honor Fighting 12 took place January 11th from Holmes County Fairgrounds in Akron, Ohio. In the main event Bryan McDowell left the crowd disappointed by spoiling the pro debut of local favorite Lucas Mast. The majority of the bout took place on the ground with McDowell on his back often but constantly looking for submissions, coming close on a few occasions and doing good work from the top when he was there including opening a bad cut late in the third round. In the end all three judges scored it for McDowell. Here are all your results and our Of The Night Awards.
1. Amateur Welterweight: Adam Green (1-2) defeated Jermaine Livingston (0-2) via Verbal Submission (Armbar) at :46 of Round 1.
2. Amateur Lightweight: Scott Troyer (1-0) defeated Preston Bowman (0-2) via TKO at 1:25 of Round 1.
3. Amateur Featherweight: Tyler Silverthorn (1-0) defeated Ben Fowler (0-3) via Tapout (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:19 of Round 2.
4. Amateur Heavyweight: John Miller (1-0) defeated Dylan Hennebert (0-1) via TKO at 1:52 of Round 1.
5. Amateur Middleweight: Marcus Williamson (3-6-1) defeated Marvin Rolles (7-10) via TKO at 1:14 of Round 1.
6. Amateur Featherweight: Briar Cadle (1-0) defeated Jonathon Wood (0-1) via Unanimous Decision (30-27/30-27/30-27). We scored it 30-27 Cadle.
7. Amateur Bantamweight: Brandon Billiter (3-0) defeated Robert Presley (5-6) via Unanimous Decision (30-27/29-28/29-28). We scored it 29-28 Presley.
8. Amateur Welterweight: Eddie Flinner (3-0) defeated Alec Price (3-3) via Tapout (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:34 of Round 1.
9. Featherweight Title: John De Jesus (12-8) defeated Josh Rohler (6-3) via KO at 2:39 of Round 2.
10. Welterweight: Bryan McDowell (2-0) defeated Lucas Mast (0-1) via Unanimous Decision (29-28/29-28/30-27). We scored it 30-27 McDowell.
Submission of the Night: Eddie Flinner
Knockout of the Night: John De Jesus
Fight of the Night: Brandon Billiter vs Robert Presely