Friday, November 4, 2011

Ashley Greenway Interview






Q: First, Ashley I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself?
A: I'm am from Gastonia, NC I am 27years old. I am married to Allen Greenway also known as "The Hedgehog" and have two awesome little boys. My free time I'm either thrift store shopping or painting other then training. :)

Q: Were you especially athletic growing up? Play any sports?
A: I would say so. Pretty funny I was a Varsity cheerleader for North Gaston High school and Mars Hill College for a total of 5 years. Although most people find cheerleading not to be a sport we competed in national and state competitions every year bringing home 1st place victories. Something I would say I am super proud of. Just because I fight doesn't mean I cant be a cheerleader at heart. HAHA!!

Q: What initially got you started training for MMA?
A: My Husband and I opened our first gym 6 years ago and I started training Muay Thai then and have been doing it ever since. I did it as a hobby and I fell in love with the sport. I started taking Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes and got hooked after the first night. I've always thought about the idea of fighting and spur of the moment took my first fight Oct 1st 2011 on a month notice ... although I am new to the fighting game I am more ready than ever. I have tons of experience and always look forward to learning and getting even better.

Q: Was the training something you picked up fairly easy?
A: I would have to say yes. I learn fairly easy. And I never give up.

Q: How long did you train before your first fight?
A: Muay Thai for 6 years and Jiu Jitsu for around 9 months

Q: Was fighting something your family and friends supported?
A: Def!!!! My husband is my #1 supporter and coach. He has taught me everything I know. My family and friends are awesome and are rooting for me all the way and I love every bit of support that they give me Thank you all.

Q: Where do you train at now?
A: BodyQuest Gym & MMA in Gastonia, NC. Which is also mine and my husband Allen's gym and partner Robbie Sexton.

Q: Can you give your overall record so far?
A: 1-0-0 :):)

Q: Is there one fight or anything you would say you are most proud of?
A: Well I only have one right now so that one haha... I was very proud of myself, never let nerves get to me I went in there ready for that win.

Q: What would you say is your biggest strength and the one thing you most want to improve
A: I cant give anyway my strengths haha... but most want to improve on would be my wrestling

Q: Name the one fight you have seen that you will always remember?
A: Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin... if u seen it you know what I am talking about.. get em Silva


Q: Are there any fighters you are a fan of or love to watch?
A: Def Anderson Silva, Allen Greenway, , Johnny Buck, Justine Kish, Sara Mcmann

Q: In your opinion, who are the top female fighters in the sport pound for pound?
A: Sara McMann #1 she is a beast!!! Amber Ignatowski, Gina Carano,

Q: Do you ever see a major U.S. women's only company beeing viable?
A: I really do just because we are women doesn't mean we shouldn't be respected in this sport there are some really tuff girls out there ton that are way better then most guys I see. I say we ladies keep doing what were doing and in time it will be us that shine!!!

Q: What is the biggest misconception about female fighters?
A: Not really sure why everyone thinks just because your a girl means you have to look and act like a dude hahaa...

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to train for the sport, whats the biggest piece of advice you would give her?
A: Have heart and don't let no one discourage you. Believe in yourself!! That is key

Q: Outside of training and fighting, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I enjoy painting, thrift store shopping, and laying around be completely lazy.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Ashley Greenway.
A: Either working or laying around the house decorating all day then go to our gym and train. Pretty simple and I love it :)

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I love to sleep in the bathtub.

Q: Describe Ashley Greenway in five words?
A: Creative, ridiculous, lazy, honest, respectful.

Q: So whats next for you? Any idea when you will be fighting again?
A: Thinking about Nov 19th in Boone, NC waiting to here from that... but Def Dec 3rd in Hickory, NC for Elite CCF its a Muay Thai fight.

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: Well of course BodyQuest MMA in Gastonia, NC

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so, how can they reach you and what are they getting in Ashley Greenway the fighter and person?
A: Yes. Contact me on facebook or by email... bodyquestgymmma@yahoo.com If your looking for someone that will represent your name well and get your name out there I'm your girl not only would you be supporting me but our gym as well.

Q: Ashley, I want to thank you for doing this. Any last words before you go?
A: Would like to say thanks for this opportunity it was alot of fun and I cant wait to grow in this sport so excited I started fighting after being apart of it for so long. I would like to thank the sponsors I already have to Freedom Fighter, Diamond Thieves Tattoo, and Dead Deer Society thanks for the support cant wait to keep representing your names!!

No comments:

Post a Comment