Monday, March 22, 2010

Becoming What You Love by Macey Leigh


Bring on the Rain

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. ~Langston Hughes

Today is a rainy day---one of those days when you want to crawl under the covers and not come out until the sun shines again. But what happens when we let the rain come inside, when its supposed to stay outside? What happens when we let a rain cloud follow us?

I’m dealing with these very issues right now in my own life. I struggle to keep the rain cloud away from my sunshine. I don’t know why, but maybe its comfortable. Even though, I know I don’t want to stay in the gloomy weather, somehow I struggle getting out in the sunshine again.

So, today, I wore my raincoat. I went out in the rain, and I said, “bring it on.” I decided to not hide from it, and instead walk right into it. That’s my little lesson to you this week: Walk in the Rain. Hell, even workout in the rain. Even though its raining, do what you need to do. Don’t hide under the covers, even though it is so tempting. Who knows, maybe if you know that you can walk out in the rain, you can run in the sunshine.

Next week, I’ll fill you in on my training!

Xo

Macey Leigh



--
Macey Leigh
www.maceyleigh.net

No comments:

Post a Comment