Saturday, February 6, 2010

Macey Leigh Interview







Macey Leigh is one of those people that even if she had no involvement in the fitness industry, I would want to know her. She is a very inspiring woman, who just from my own experience is quick to say a motivating word. At first glance you just see a beautiful woman. Get to know her a little and you will see it is just the outer shell of an amazing woman. As is obvious by her being a law student, she is intelligent, but that intelligence is in now was exclusive to her study of law. However far she decided to go in terms of fitness and/or competing, she will be a success, but outside of the industry, whatever path she takes, she will be a success. Why? Because she wants to, and you can tell Macey is the type of person who if she wants something, she will achieve it. I am also honored that in addition to her own website www.maceyleigh.net, her blog, and other things, Macey will be writing a weekly column for my blog, and I am sure you will all love. it.


Q: First, Macey, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this. I think you are an amazing and inspirational woman, and this is an honor for me.
A: Thank you for asking me to participate, the pleasure is all mine.

Q: Can you start out by just telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: I am an only child, born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana. I went to college at Pepperdine University in Malibu California then I came back to Indiana for the rest of my schooling. I am currently a second year law student at Indiana University Maurer School of Law. I have one dog named Flex.

Q: Before we get into he fitness, lets talk about some other stuff. You are trained in theatrical performance. What developed your interest in that?
A: When I was a kid I was interested in theatre and dance. I never pursued it full time or anything, but currently I am a principle in a documentary film to be out later in 2010.

Q: You also do a lot of modeling work. What do you enjoy about that?
A: I love modeling--I did my first job when I was 4. I was with a group of other kids that were featured in a National Vitamin Advertisement, and I have done work on and off since then. I enjoy getting to "act" and play roles in front of the camera that are not typical. I enjoy concept shoots, and I really have a good time helping to plan them out.

Q: Where might we have seen you modeling?
A: Most recently I did an advertisement for Lana's Eggwhites, promotional modeling at events, and several shoots for photographers that they use for commercial purposes. My recent favorite was a football shoot, where I wore a football jersey--the product of that shoot resulted in a poster that I am using to promote living kidney donation. The image will also most likely be used in the University of Michigan's Donate Life Campus Challenge this year, where we are recruiting college students to register for organ donors.

Q: What led you into the gym to start with?
A: I got started in the gym through my high school swim team. Then, I began to read Muscle and Fitness and Oxygen Magazine and was inspired by the physiques I saw there. Also, one of my dad's clients was a natural bodybuilder and she took me under herwing.
Q: Is training something you picked up pretty quickly? How long before you started to see results?
A: I always saw results with training, but never got the body I really wanted until I combined it with the proper nutrition.

Q: What made you decide to go ahead and compete?
A: When my cousin needed a kidney transplant and most of my family was not healthy enough to donate, I took it upon myself to get in the best shape of my life so that I could be the donor.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time, and what about now?
A: Growing up, my mother had problems with me doing the whole bodybuilding thing because she believed it created an unhealthy attitude about food--which is true and is something I struggle with today. However, I have the unconditional support of my family, friends, and boyfriend everyday.

Q: What is your favorite bodypart to train or favorite exercise?
A: I love to train shoulders and I love KILLERS!

Q: When people see your figure or hear you train and compete, what is the common response? More positive or negative?
A: I get mostly positive responses and encouragement from people that find out about my fitness stuff.

Q: When they see or hear it that first time, what is the one question you are sick of hearing?
A: "Oh you can't do that because your on your diet, huh.." haha I don't get asked to go out and do alot of things anymore because most social situations revolve around food!

Q: Are there any misconceptions about women who train or compete?
A: That we all take drugs to get to a certain place--not true.

Q: Do you have any personal favorite competitors or anyone you admire?
A: I have a WHOLE bunch of friends, both men and women that I admire and I could never have enough time to name them all!

Q: If someone came up to you and said they wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would want to give them?
A: "“Release any negative thoughts you have about yourself,” she says. “You must love yourself as you are, while you are striving to become what you love.”

Q: You also have a website. Can you give that out and tell people what they can find there?
A: On my website you can find more biographical information about me, links to my blog, professional resume, training resources, other resources about organ donation awareness and kidney health, a photo gallery, and links to my organizations and causes. www.maceyleigh.net

Q: Outside of the things mentioned, any hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I enjoy traveling, listening to music,watching football, spending time with my boyfriend, friends, and family.

Q: Favorite actor, movie, TV show, and musician?
A: Tom Hanks
Serendipity
Sports Center
LOTS OF MUSIC I LOVE!!

Q: Describe Macey Leigh in five words.
A: Lover, Fighter, Giver, Strong, Passionate.

Q: Anything I may have missed that you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: I am walking this year in the National Kidney Foundation's Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo and am looking for sponsors. Also, if you are not an organ donor and you want to learn more about how to become one, please do not hesitate to contact me!!

Q: Any set plans for 2010 as far as maybe competing or anything else?
A: I plan on competing in bikini at the Grand Rapids show the end of May and then Collegiate Nationals in July!

Q: We know sponsors are always nice for a competitor. Are you looking for any, and if so how can they reach you, and tell them what they are getting in Macey Leigh the athlete and competitor?
A: For any promotional opportunities, please contact my agency Grand Slam at mothompson@msn.com I am always open to opportunities to represent a company. I have very diverse background that is not fitness inclusive, and have a proven to capture an interested base of followers.

32. Macey, again thank you for doing this. I have a ton of respect for you,and this was an honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment